the Rift

[PRIVATE] peek-a-boo

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

“Oh no, no one has been replaced.” Not yet, anyway. Alysanne was still expecting someone else to be promoted to Moon Doctor in her stead - someone pre-approved by the arrogant Elephant King. She did crack a smile at Eva’s scoff about the Tembovu being her favourite king.  “And there were no issues while you were gone. A couple hard births for some of the mares - some very young mares becoming mothers - but it was nothing I couldn’t handle.” She smile reassuringly to her friend. As much as she would have loved Evangeline’s presence here in the Edge, she understood her reasons for being scarce.

Another small smirk appeared at the comment about Aly being more favoured than she thought since she had not been burned. “I think he wanted to. He got in my face and I snapped at him to keep him back, which only encouraged him to snap back and… oh Eva I was scared of him.” She remembered the rising panic, how it threatened to choke her. She had spoke to him with venom but he had reacted with fire until she was sure they would both burn.

Explaining their fights came out in a low voice, quick and filled to the brim with all of the emotions she had felt on those days - anger, fear, sadness. “I honestly don’t even remember what the first fight was about. He was injured - burns from his display in the Deep Forest - and I wanted to heal him,” Want wasn’t quite the right word, and she was sure Evangeline knew that. But it was their job and, however much Alysanne disliked Tembovu she would never refuse him healing. “But he refused until I healed a little scratch on my wing joint. I couldn’t heal myself, though, because I’m on a quest for the Moon Goddess so I got angry that he was making demands about how I do my job. I think we got in argument about how I didn’t like him but would heal him anyway? I don’t think he’s spent a lot of time around healers before.” Aly shook her dark head in a dismissive fashion, not having hands to wave the situation away. It sounded a little lame now that she was thinking back on it, but it was fresh after finding Mauja burned in the forest and all of her fears about Tembovu setting fire to the Edge were new and frightening.

“The second time, though, he thought I was being insubordinate because I wasn’t thrilled that he was promoting healers without telling me and he cornered me after the meeting. I barely even rolled my eyes, it’s not like I said something at the meeting.” As if Alysanne would do that. “He thinks that the Edge being prosperous is all his own doing, did you know that? Apparently Tembovu is the only one pulling their weight around the place. I don't know about you, but I've never felt so appreciated.”

*ALYSANNE
lying on the edge of a star

@Evangeline
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
peek-a-boo - by Evangeline - 06-28-2016, 08:21 PM
RE: peek-a-boo - by Alysanne - 06-30-2016, 09:02 PM
RE: peek-a-boo - by Evangeline - 07-06-2016, 02:42 PM
RE: peek-a-boo - by Alysanne - 07-18-2016, 12:20 AM
RE: peek-a-boo - by Evangeline - 07-19-2016, 05:31 PM
RE: peek-a-boo - by Alysanne - 07-25-2016, 03:09 PM
RE: peek-a-boo - by Evangeline - 07-31-2016, 01:32 PM