the Rift

[OPEN] Company

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie

Aelin

Dreams paint the sky in the brightest colours. They are the dreams of crimson, gold, ivory and violets. Mixing together and creating the most beautiful colour show known to none but the Dreamwalker.

It was nice to speak and have someone listen. Although, Aelin did eventually became aware of the fact that she'd probably been speaking a little too much. Still, her as her eyes drifted towards the bearded stallion who patiently listened to her from his reclining position. He was a curious soul, sitting there and (apparently) carefully considering the words that tumbled out of her mouth. Perhaps she had been too unabashed, her response a touch too snippy. Maybe she'd been born with an ember of her father's fire after all, it had flared inside her. There was something about speaking to him, the way he listened. It was inspiring and mayhap that was also apart of why she'd been responding with a touch of a challenge. Although he didn't rise to her comments and she smiled at the way he commanded himself. Aelin was aware that she sometimes acted a touch too confidently, a touch like her older sister who was overconfident in most situations. "I see." Aelin responded to his words in a sad tone. "It seems that I spoke too loudly upon a subject of which I knew only a little about." The girl wondered if the stag was more knowledgable that her because he'd lost a love. A frown creased her brow as she considered the possibility. Maybe there was something to learn from him rather than the other way around. Life had a strange sense of humour, they way you entered situations believing it would go one way and yet it went determinedly in the opposite direction.

Watching the way he cocks his head in reaction to he own surge of excitement causes a smile to curve her chops. The sandy princess wondered if her message hadn't gotten across clearly enough, if her verbal dribble had been what rendered him as confused. It wouldn't been the first time her naivety and childish emotions had gotten the better of her and she'd allowed it to control the conversation. The smile continued to linger however as she waited for a response from him. She wasn't sure quite how he'd chose to react, with humour or the same seriousness which he'd approached the rest of their interaction with. Never before had she encountered a stag with such a...serious no...austere view on life. Maybe she could teach him something after all, a brighter look upon tough times. Though she wondered it he knew that not everyone he met would bow to his views, but Aelin would be happy to learn from his past. She may even end up considering the lessons he could teach her an honour to have learnt.

Was it distrust that controlled his thoughts now? The girl had noticed the way one ear had flicked back in cautions. She's ignored it, continuing her exploration of his presence and smells. There wasn't anything familiar that clung to his dark coat, nothing that made her think of her southern sandy homeland. When he does not offer a name she frowns again, concern flashing across her features. Again her young thoughts began to whirl speculations as to why he acted the way he did. Had someone betrayed him in the past which was why no did not trust her enough to tell her his name? If so that was a sad fate for the stag. Her eyes and nose study him now with a little more scrutiny. Ever since she was young the girl liked to know things about others, figured out what made them tick. She also liked to know what darkness lurked in their past. She knew that such interest often made the target of her interest self-conscious and slightly uncomfortable. Yet she couldn't help studying others, learning about them and paying attention to the smaller details. Smirking the sandy princess watches as the stage drawings inward and then he takes advantage of her magical abilities, snatching a mouthful of suddenly vibrant green, luscious grass from the earth around him. Well at least same pleasure had been brought to him by her presence, he reclined there chewing on the grass until she spoke again and he paused. No doubt misunderstanding him once again, hopefully something that wasn't becoming a habit of hers.

Yeah, she'd pissed him off. His brow furrows and the girl bites her tongue worried about possible backlash. Honestly she'd allowed herself to get too far ahead of again, the familiar burn once again searing through her chest. He glances up at her, considering her as he swallows the grass. She remains quiet as he does so, listening to his response. She moves in front of him and eases herself before him, taking the time to consider his words. "I see." She pauses and nibbles on some grass herself, tasting the sweetness of her magic. "I suppose...hmmm." The girl fell silent again, unsure of how to shape her response to his. "I see the colours of dreams, the realm of hopes and desires is vivid and bright." She exhaled heavily through her nose. "Yet I have much to learn about this world." She knew that she was naive, after all she'd only experienced a handful of good and bad events. She short life hadn't allowed time for much else after all! She didn't wish to get on the stag's last nerve so she liked up up him, "I'm sorry if I insulted you before." Not bothering to make any excuses she simply offered him an apologetic smile.

For only she can see the beauty of true desires.

It's late, I'm sorry if I rambled or if something didn't make sense ;-;
@Albrecht
I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀

Messages In This Thread
Company - by Aelin - 06-29-2016, 06:48 AM
RE: Company - by Albrecht - 07-02-2016, 01:01 PM
RE: Company - by Aelin - 07-08-2016, 11:00 PM
RE: Company - by Albrecht - 07-12-2016, 07:41 AM
RE: Company - by Aelin - 07-16-2016, 08:57 AM
RE: Company - by Albrecht - 07-16-2016, 11:24 AM
RE: Company - by Aelin - 07-16-2016, 08:48 PM
RE: Company - by Albrecht - 07-17-2016, 10:52 AM