Sean Posts: 12
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Angel
S
E
A
N

Down to the very core of my being, I’ll be thankful to be rid of this clusterfeck of a forest. Cozy is fine, but cramped places aren’t my style – and these tightknit trees are in a constant battle for breathable space. At times…it almost felt like they were intentionally suffocating me; their constant neck nuzzling presence was starting to make my chest ache. AND. Aside from the occasional stunted bush, weed or tree -- hardly anything green and nutritious grew amid the needle laden floor. That web-like canopy above is selfish. Any warmth which might filter down is quickly consumed by light starved leaves turning their faces into it. I've had more than enough time to regret venturing into this place. The wood taunts me with it's neverendingness; game trails that run in pointless directions. Some of them lead off into dead-ends, others made huge circles. I try to stick on the widest, most worn path.

Eventually, my perseverance and frayed patience is rewarded. The evergreens thin out and change their style noticeably.

Unmarred light and empty spaces lie beyond the fading foliage. Bloody yes! I quicken, already feeling slightly renewed by the change of scenery. My front half steps clear of the immediate timberline, until these calico limbs halt beside a straggling overgrown pine. Lilac's sweep the area, soaking in the new sights and smells that unfurl before me. Vast, empty hills galore. A boyish crease climbs upon my stained cheeks. Lush, sweet green as far as the eye could see. So awed is my relief to be free of that claustrophobic wood, that even when this lovely arrangement reminds me of home and I search my feelings for disappointment...I find there is nothing to be upset about. Deep down, my subconscious already knew these foreign lands aren't going to fulfill homeward-bound expectations. I surrender to that base sense of release, abandonment and emerge entirely. Hollow feathers slowly slide apart until they can feel the hot sun beneath their stale coverts. My face turns to meet the warm globe, that shone down from a cloudless sky of the most brilliant blue.

OCC: Rough starting posts are rough. ^^; Will get better! (I hope)
Image Credit

Banjo Posts: 37
Absent Abyss atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.0
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 4 HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Riven

“Ah… ACHOO…!”

Bleary, watery, bloodshot eyes peel open lethargically, stinging beneath the golden laser-beams burning down from the heavens, and each breath inhaled, rattled loudly before reaching a sheer wall of snot spewing down from irritated sinuses.

“Oh, no… G… CHOO!”

A delicate spray of bright green infection (probably brimming with wriggling, ravenous little health-eaters) surrounded him, lifting like melting fog into the atmosphere. Banjo sat tiredly, resting upon bunched hindquarters and reached with a free hand to rip a handful of crisp grassy stalks from the meadow. “Ugh…” he grumbled miserably as he wiped his runny nose; there was just no feeling quite  as rotten as the pressure of a head-cold in spring, when it was hot.

Lifting his pounding head into the still air, the buck searched for a tree, thistle, hole… anything to bury himself under for at least a year.

Aside from him, the rolling region appeared to be rather empty (there was a black horse some distance away, a bird calling somewhere in the long grass out of view), and he figured that his brain cells were undoubtedly being eaten away by savage virus bugs; everyone else had sense enough to escape into the shade. Slowly he began his retreat, muscles screaming objectionably with each step taken. In that moment he considered lying down and surrendering his pitiful existence to the haze of flies also hounding him, though instead he paused, packed his lungs, squeezed eyelashes tightly together and … … sighed heavily… “Oh c’mon. really?

So being ripped off a sneeze was about the only thing worse than having a cold.

He continued along slothfully, apathetically, until he happened upon another sun-dweller. His gaze lifted to regard ‘bird-horse’ who was a darn sight kinder to look at the the glare everywhere else, and a half-hearted smile graced his expression; any day prior and poor Banjo might have tripped over himself to pal up with the stranger. “G’day…” he mumbled, trying to force some enthusiasm into the rather bland greeting, “...name's … ACHOO! Snot sprayed outwards around him in a brilliantly perfect arc. “Oh, dammit… sorry mate, my bad.” He lifted an arm to wipe the slimy, oozing leftovers from sniffling nostrils before peering down at it, "Yuck man..."

Plots | The Unbound | Absences
I run just like this!
Please tag me in openers and spars.
Feel free to flog n magic me, mild power play is also fine.
Text in the profile and posts reflects stereotypical ocker slang - don’t knock it mate!

Sean Posts: 12
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Angel
S
E
A
N

For the first time in nearly two days, I realize how hungry I’ve become… feasting upon those curvy mounds with my eyes alone simply isn’t cutting it. Buds of warm, sticky saliva pool on the top of my tongue. Without sparing a moment to idle my sputtering motor -- I drove this muzzle to that perfect field and begin consuming large mouthfuls of sweet, tangy green. Pinions stretch from my warm side and hang loosely, they absorb the sunlight while their longest primaries stir and bend the foliage. Somewhere deep down, my stomach gurgles thankfully. Minutes later, I am fully erect – with bits of gooey grass hanging from both corners. Larger clumps of half chewed cud fail to apply a proper suction; they free fall with a gentle ‘plop.’ My subconscious is a perfect mirror, he stands soldier straight with eyes wider than a swollen lily pad. It might have been sometime next week before I’d willingly broken contact with this glorious buffet…but there are things which demand more attention than food.

Like the most unorthodox creature I’ve ever had the misfortune of laying eyes upon. AND. It was bobbing this way. Fecker, my inner voice whispers, awed but tinted with sour fear, what is that?!

It…that…

No.

He. The unlabeled mammal had the head and body of an average stallion, but the rest was a mystery. I run a rapid search, attempting to explain his accessories. Luckily my motherboard is unhelpfully sarcastic. No wings, no hooves, no tail – well…that’s not entirely true. There IS a tail -- but it wasn’t like anything I’d ever seen sticking from the rear end of a horse. His is meaty, bald. Sort of like an overgrown dick hanging out of his ass. All those years of respect thy elder, don’t judge a shit by its smell...it all abandons me. Though the intentional act of being rude wasn’t there, I find myself unable to look away from this disaster of a stud. Go on outta that. I blink, hopeful he’d vanish.

No such luck.

When close enough to speak without shouting – the male offers a greeting in my second tongue. His accent is as rich and foreign as the creature itself. My subconscious, the delightful help that he was… is still in a stupor; all bug eyed and slack jawed. Before I can begin the fabrication of useful ideas, his massive sneeze sends a responding ripple of unrefined shock and disgust from my curled muzzle to tail tip. I cringe, snorting and pull my wings in while simultaneously taking a healthy step in reverse. He blathered on, apologizing and lifting one of those strange, predatory appendages to his nose, wiping a clear trail of bogey from it.

I dumbly follow his eye trail, until both of us are silently gawking at those slimy leftovers for longer than what most people would considered normal. “H-howya,” my auto pilot kicks in. Apparently one can be semi brain-dead and still form usable words. Through sheer will I break contact with the bogey, but before I could stop myself that snarky auto pilot keeps motoring on, “Not to be a gimp…” truly, “but…” the words tumble from me, cheek as a tool, “What the hell are you?” Arched brows are somewhere lost in my hair.

Image Credit

Banjo Posts: 37
Absent Abyss atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.0
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 4 HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Riven

It was revolting to behold, but so utterly, disgustingly captivating all at the same time. Beneath the fresh slick of green slime he had just wiped, was at least three days worth of yellowing crust - the very embodiment of sickness, lingering, irritating virus, which had dried and set like jagged concrete on his sleeve. “Grose…” he murmured, reinforcing his appreciation before removing his glassy, bloodshot eyes and returning them to the multicoloured stranger still standing in his company.

There would have been no love lost if the stallion had’ve simply screwed up his nose and abandoned their post - that could have been the better choice.

Instead he had merely snorted back, recoiled only slightly, wincing - kind of, and afterwards stood there staring, like he had actually nothing better to do. Banjo gave him ten points for defying the persuasion of common sense  (if in fact he had any nagging away), and offered a wussy smile as payment for his perseverance. It turned out too, that the germs had worked faster than average to devour the other’s braincells as well; ‘h-howya…’ he stuttered, baritone voice hinting of similar youthful limbo to himself (who could really tell under all that hair), and Banjo nodded once; rather, jerked the dense, waterlogged sod which had become his head.

But the other had not finished it seemed, and his tongue continued to roll out a rather inelegant version of the question all too too commonly asked. “I’m a south-Helovian swamp wombat…” Banjo half-joked, lied - laced with pathetically produced sarcasm. He wasn't really a bitch; not usually, not naturally. Guilt quickly got the better of him, and his face flushed with remorse. “Names Banj.” which was more his identity than a funny-looking set of limbs and a soggy neck at the back which had forgotten to sprout a head. 

Sorry it's short <3 I haven't much time with the kids around, but wanted to reply! @Sean
Plots | The Unbound | Absences
I run just like this!
Please tag me in openers and spars.
Feel free to flog n magic me, mild power play is also fine.
Text in the profile and posts reflects stereotypical ocker slang - don’t knock it mate!