the Rift

hold tight to the edge of the night

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
Because you, like Rome were built on ashes,
Rexanna had much to think about since her private meeting with Deimos. She had been preparing, pulling her brain apart at everything they could do for a Festival as well as trying to raise two hellions of children. The mirrored babes, both devilish and sweet all the same - together as one and as opposites. She was surprised when Remy herded them home with two more. Of course, the children hadn’t known much on how to care for a companion (she didn’t even know much when she found her own to be honest) which caused many sleepless nights, seeking out something to feed both Kiada’s chick and Kianzo’s cub. She was proud of them, of course. Finding another being to bond to so early in life, despite the fact they had one another. And so she practiced trying to teach them that they’d need to care for their companions from the beginning, and perhaps that was why they had been in such tense moods lately.

But when the call came across the caverns and hills of the mountains, she was ready. Heaving herself up, she urged her twins and their companions to come with her. She wasn’t late, but more ahead of the game than others. As they approached, Rexanna offered Deimos and Hotaru a dip of her gilded skull each. Before this moment, she would have been content standing to the side and watching her leaders speak. But part of this whole meeting was her idea, and so she sought comfort in standing beside her leaders, urging her children to mingle with the group that was sure to appear. Her polecat sat along her withers, sleep evident in his eyes as he relaxed along her back. She turned to face the group that was sure to come as the Reaper’s voice began to loom over the land before them, washing her with the information she thought she had imagined as truth. Yet, the Thief stayed silent as she watched the faces of her fellow herdmates waiting to see how the information would be received. Her breath coming in soft rasps as she waited for her turn, ears twitching with the dark voice of her Lord as he spoke of not having a meeting like before. Rexanna nodded slightly, entirely hopeful at the fact that her herd could hold their tongues against the decisions of the leaders, to refrain from the major complaints that seemed rooted beneath the caves they called home.

As Hotaru began to speak, a soft frown found her features at the mention of Ashamin. Regardless of how the Thief felt of the ex Haruspex, she still loved him in a way. He was the father of her first living child. She’d never forget that, even if she didn’t know where the child even was anymore. She hoped he found solace and care - perhaps out and about with his father, or perhaps exploring what lied beyond Helovia. Her thoughts vanished as her Lady began to speak of promotions. Her soft blue gaze seeking out the familiar face of Frost Fyre with a congratulatory nod her way. Then, she continued and promoted a face that Rexanna had only seen once before, and what a joyous day that had been. Smiling softly, she waited patiently as words of foals left her fellow mother’s lips. Eyes glanced around to see the abundance of new life - two were of her own, and pride blossomed in her chest.

And then, it was the Thief’s turn. She turned her gaze to scan the crowd before she began. “Congratulations Aisling. I look forward to working with you.” Her voice was gentle, but strong as her eyes sought the equine out. Then, she turned her attention back to scanning the faces. “In addition to the recruitment contest, we will be hosting the Aurora Viewing Festival that Deimos had mentioned earlier. We will open our borders to everyone, other herd lands, outcasts, and the like. We will have a variety of activities that you all can attend. Though, I do ask that some of you take charge in each activity, to make sure everything flows smoothly. As of right now, there will be stories told at the tent we painted last Orangemoon, a firework display in addition to viewing the Aurora, a gathering at the hot springs and perhaps the lake as well, and a place for the foals to get together and play with one another. I will be able to be in charge of the firework and viewing sector. But we are looking for more to take over for the storytelling, the hot springs, and the foal games.” She paused, waiting to see how it would be taken among her peers. “Our goal with this is to show all those others that didn’t step our way, to see that it’s beautiful here, that we are wonderful people with strength and pride that we aren’t afraid to show. Everyone seems to have this idea that the Basin is cold and full of ghosts. I want to show them differently. I know we can show them differently. Let us prove them wrong.” She called out over the crowd with a smile, prideful in her ideas. “It will be held at the beginning of Orangemoon. So let us try and gather as many people as we can. Tell everyone you meet of the event. I will be going to each herd and invite them” Her soft blue gaze then sought out Lena. “Lena, if you have the time I would love it if you could accompany me?” She questioned curiously. After waiting for a response, she looked across the crowd once again. “If anyone has questions or ideas, let me know. I’m still figuring out the details. Also, if anyone wants to be in charge of each event, please do come and see me as well.” With that, she stepped back from the front of her leads and became one with them, awaiting the questions or remarks that were sure to come.

"Talk."
And you, like a phoenix—
know how to rise and resurrect.
Rexanna
image | coding

I'll be posting up the official event with sign ups soon! So far for the Viewing Festival, we have FOUR events. It'll be held at the beginning of Orangemoon, so we have a while before that happens to get everything in order!
The Viewing/Fireworks, Hot Spring Hangout, Storytelling, and foal games! If you think your character wants to participate in each one, please let me know. :D

Mentions: @Kianzo @Lena @Aisling
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
hold tight to the edge of the night - by Deimos - 06-30-2016, 07:02 PM
RE: hold tight to the edge of the night - by Rexanna - 07-01-2016, 07:28 PM
RE: hold tight to the edge of the night - by Enna - 07-04-2016, 04:43 AM
RE: hold tight to the edge of the night - by Lena - 07-05-2016, 04:16 PM