the Rift

Big Ideas Have Small Beginnings [Herd Meeting]

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
I said to the sun—what's the Big Bang like?
the sun said—it hurts to become
I came as called.

I heard the Elephant King's voice boom throughout the land, even from my dance in the sky. With a reluctant, smoky snort, I descended from the arid atmosphere to the breezy, smoldering land below. The humidity sickeningly clung to my coat. I avoided the ground at all costs because of this, or I lingered farther north in search of cooler conditions.

I arrived upon the meeting, staying in the shadows, on the edge of the gathering. Fortunately, it seemed I hadn't missed anything, and I wasn't too tardy. But I stayed on the outskirts, watching the others from behind pallid lashes and nebulous clouds of smoke. Too many faces were unfamiliar, I was a stranger in the crowd. I knew a handful, of course, but not well enough to join them when all I really wanted to do was return to the sky, or to cooler temperatures, at least.

My eyes found the pale figure of the Icebound, her scarred bodice and regal stature displaying her before all as the Queen she fought to be. I couldn't tell if she were broken or blissful, especially at that distance, but I hoped for her sake it was the latter. Mentally, I reminded myself to seek her out soon. We hadn't spoken in...a while. And Shida? Fuck if I knew what she was up to. The little explosion wouldn't be happy if she thought I were forgetting about her or something of the like. I certainly hadn't, I sadly lacked the time to visit.

image | coding
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki
I'M GONNA SHOW HIM WHAT LITTLE GIRLS ARE MADE OF
GUNPOWDER AND LEAD

The painted pegasus wasn’t particularly content to hear the call of the Elephant King. She wasn’t trying to avoid her duties to the herd, it was just much cooler at altitude than it was on level ground.  Why anyone stood around and allowed themselves just to bake in the sun when they had the option to do otherwise puzzled her, but to each their own.  With a huff she made her way towards the meeting, but took her time knowing that the sun would be unrelenting on a day like today. There was nothing graceful about her arrival today.  Iona appeared between the trees a mess of windblown hair, but couldn’t find it in herself to give a damn. 

She caught sight of her sister standing with Dacianna and made her way to them. She was pleased to see that Dacianna still had all of her adornments and that her personal pest hadn’t tried again to steal away any of her herdmates’ trinkets. 

Iona gave her sister a once-over and couldn’t help but think that the once quieter of the two sisters seemed so much more comfortable in her own skin this time around.  Last meeting Alysanne looked like she would have rather been anywhere but gathered amongst her herdmates, or that she’d rather be planning a way to defy both physics and reason and find a way to push Tembovu from his perch on the cliffside.  She looked far less homicidal this time around.  That had to be an improvement, yes?

“Ah. Fashionably late. Duty calls and all,” she offered to Alysanne, with a smirk and a small brush to her lighter sibling’s wing as she drew to a halt. She offered a nod to both Elsa and Tembovu and couldn’t help but notice the contrast between the two.  Tembovu stood tall, proud, and larger than life before his herd, imbued with a physical and metaphorical fire that drove him.  And then there was Elsa. Quiet. Stoic. The embodiment of winter itself. Iona knew less about the Icebound, but respected her no less. She was certainly more mysterious than the Elephant King. Iona certainly couldn’t fault the woman for that.  

The canopy flapping in the wind was distracting, and Iona again turned to Alysanne, trying and failing to keep a neutral expression on her face.  “What in the hell is that?” she asked her sister, perhaps a little too loudly than what would conventionally be considered polite. 

I O N A
lineart || Tags:

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

RAEDEN
but what is love without lust
Late.... Once again the pale Specter was late to something. She couldn't help that her job made it so she was never in her home. Raeden was always out looking for objects and information for the herd. Her cream hooves cantered softly through the lands as she jumped over an intact piece of the glass wall ruin. Her front legs laded with a soft thump and teal eyes turned to see her small companion keeping up with deer like strides. Rippling milk waves flagged behind her as she could hear the sounds of the herd speaking and gathering around. Sweat dripped from her feminine form from the hot burning sun above. The mist of the Edge did not make the situation any better. Great now her hair was going to frizz up into a hot mess... Oh well at least she was not THAT late.

Silver flecked orbs caught sight of the fellow specter and cream hooves came to a walk. Raeden found a spot next to Iona with a soft smile. Her gaze did not dare look into the direction of the man with a cold dead like soul... (Well his name was Mauja). Looking to her king and queen something felt different about them, but what did she know? A small giggle squeaked from her mouth as she heard Iona speak about the tent like thing above the Elephant king. Cream tresses flicked softly over her cloud covered coat.She waited to hear what her king and queen had to say about Edge. Tin stood patiently by her side breathing heavy and deep to catch his breath.
"talk talk talk"

table code by tamme

Anzanie Posts: 86
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 :: Ages in Orangemoon
Danjah
Anzanie
||    ||

She had arrived late, as usual. Tallsun's meeting and the Glazier was falling behind. She could feel new lease of life pulsing through her daggers, now that Viserra was independent of her, and she even though she had not seen Misael in some time, her duties were keeping her so busy that her mind fluttered away from these. The splashed princess continued her way through the Edge's terriaria as she felt the calling of her wonderful King pulling her closer to the crowds. Yet it had been quite a while before stepped foot at the edge of the crowd of Edge creatures that had got there before her. With that new step in her daggers, and her horn glinting in the intense Tallsun heat, she felt like the naive little child she had come to Helovia as. She felt happier. More so when she laid her pale pools over her wonderful Tembovu, a deep desire to pronounce her unrequited 'admiration' for him. Instead, she pulled herself away from his image and instead starting taking a peek at all the creatures that were there.

The Queen, Elsa stood there. Worringly, she had not spoken and seemed distant, just like the same time Anzanie had seen her last. Instead, she focussed on the other creatures, noticing the little filly, Hera, in the crowd, the unmistakable Mauja with his spotted ivory pelt, and the Glazier, Glasgow. Immediately, Anzanie felt her lithe little bodice push its way through the crowds and greeted Glasgow first, dipping her beautiful cranium so the tassles fell over her skull gracefully,
"Good day to you Glagow, I hope the crafting is serving you well."

She felt compelled to stay within the confines of the crowd, but felt as if during the meeting there was a pull towards Tembovu. Not now, this is not the place. Act your age and do your duty, her brain reminded her. The foolish princess stayed put, listening to her inner demons to keep her unrecognised and fairly commendable reputation as the Edge's Glazier.
" . "
Image Credit
[Image: K9UH30N5.gif]
Please tag Anzanie in all posts! ♥

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen

Caenan's ears shifted slightly at the sound of Tembovu's call. From a distance the pirate watched members gather; he took note of who walked in with who, who came on their own, and he felt camaraderie for the members that also came at a time nearly late. A shame it would be to be on time now. A soft chuckle he had with himself. Caenan was a rogue of a man with a rank in a herd. No sense in breaking tradition.

His eyes narrowed and his chuckle fell short at the sight of a mare he had not yet met. His breath stilled in his chest as he watched her stumble towards the meeting. From where he had been watching everyone gather Caenan cantered towards the pegasus.

"We 'aven't met before," Caenan slowed and trotted over to the mare, "an' surely any would remember you." Despite his flirting the stallion had came to her in concern, "Are you okay?" Eyes of emerald earnestly scanned her face. Further away he caught sight of Rohan coming to the meeting. He felt more loyalty to his Captain than what he felt to Tembovu; in Rohan, Caenan saw glimpse of a kindred spirit.

"Rohan!" Caenan called out to the Captain, "You aren' lookin' too bad yourself!" He grinned mischievously and winked at the mare he stood beside. "I am Caenan," with a sly gleam in his eye he considered introducing himself as sergeant, would it impress her?

Coding by Neverrmind @ DA

@Rohan
@Ultima
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie

Tallsun is far from subtle this year - the very year of her second birthday. Yet the scorching, dense heat is hardly a bother to the girl mare. In fact, it isn't rare to find her, comfortable in her feline form, lounging in a sunny patch in the open areas of the Edge. Today, when the elephant king's call pierced the air, she'd been perched on a branch of a tree near her mother's nesting area. Fluffy feline tail flicking lazily, keen teal eyes half-lidded in a display of contentment. The only sign that she'd heard him was a small flick of her ears, swiveling toward the origin of the sound. She isn't quick to move, instead she glances to where Petyr is perched and the two share a small, mental eye-roll. With a muffled, purring meow she sends the jewel-toned magpie to the meeting in advance. She'd be along, in her own time.

Petyr leaps from the branch and soars in the direction of the call. From overhead he spies the gathering rather easily - although it is difficult to miss a large, lavender toned fabric thing. He moved in to circle above the gathering, his pale eyes watching carefully as they all flocked to the elephant man; he calls out, his own voice a pretty whistling tune. A sound far gentler on the ears than the king's commanding call. A few more circles and the bright green bird darts down into the trees surrounding the awning. Once there, his pale gaze darts over the crowd, seeking out one in particular. Alysanne. It didn't take long to find her, despite her being relatively surrounded by several other bodies. Without hesitation, he leaps from his perch and into the air. Gracefully, he flutters down to the head moon doctor with the intent to land gently upon her withers.

Naerys takes her time, slowly rising and stretching before making her way to back down the tree. She jumps from the trunk of the tree a few feet from the ground, twisting in mid-air to land gracefully on her paws on the forest floor. Like a shadow she moves, flitting quickly and quietly through the trees, trailing passionflowers in her wake. It takes longer for her to arrive in the clearing with the small lake than she would have as a pegasus but the two year old was having fun exploring in her newly found form - figuring out what it can and can't do. So as she came to the edge of the clearing, she paused within the shadows. From her location, her keen turquoise eyes scan the crowd - easily finding her mother and aunt - together with Petyr and fairly surrounded. Mauja, it seems, is also fairly surrounded but it isn't until she spies Caenan with that flirtatious look upon his face that she feels a pang of jealousy. Her feline ears flatten and a soft growl reverberates in her chest, though the reaction is fleeting. A few moments pass before she is able to pull her gaze from the pirate but once she does, she is on the move once again. The fluffy black cat slinks toward Mauja, slipping beneath him in an attempt to rub affectionately against his front legs as she passes.

The mare finds herself a spot all her own, with enough space around her, and pulls on the magic to transform back into the form she was born with - the brown and white pegsus with vivid, open eyes that are so easily read. She resists the urge to glance over her shoulder to where she knew Caenan to be and instead quietly places her full attention on the king and queen.

Art and coding by neverrmind@ DA

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
It had not been long that Evangeline had made it back to the Edge and already there was a herd meeting being called to order. So far Alysanne was the only one that had known where she was and what she had been doing in her 'absence' and she wasn't sure if she was ready for anyone to question her. Still, she knew that she needed to go so that she could hear whatever updates Tembovu and Elsa had for the herd. She needed to meet the other Moon Doctor and the new nurses.

But she didn't feel like it.

Tallis, naturally, flew ahead of Eva to scout in the direction that she was walking. It was a habit that the dragon had picked up in his younger seasons that had not faded even when they were with the herd.  In his claws he clutched a dead rabbit. He had been hunting when Tembovu had called the herd together and he refused to leave his meal behind. Upon seeing Alysanne and Hemlock he circled down toward them. He was careful as he landed on the painted mare's back near her companion. He bit into the rabbit and ripped away a chunk of meat and offered it to his feathery friend.

An irritated sigh slipped past her pale lips as she made her way to the gathering and upon arriving she saw that she was late. One of the last to arrive, it seemed, but she couldn't make herself care. She was there, at least, and if they didn't like how late she was they could kiss her pretty orange rump. She stopped at the outskirts of the gathering and looked around. Tallis with Alysanne and Hemlock feasting on the rabbit he'd caught. She hoped that the healer didn't mind and would apologize later if she did. There were a few other familiar faces, but there were more un familiar. It made her wonder just how many had come and gone since she'd been away.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

Before anyone could speak, move, or breathe, the thoughts, the regrets everything was just tumbling around in her head and it was too much. Somewhere along the way, someone approached and ran off. Her daughter slid in somewhere, she could smell, and see her but not acknowledge her presence.

Edgar was by far perturbed by the situation. His feathers were ruffled as the debate from the previous night bled into his thoughts. She was going to do it- she was finally giving into the pressure and essentially giving up. That’s at least what it would seem like to the rest of them. To her, it was away to step back from the one person she had begun to trust. Speaking of which, Hawezi was not with his father nor his aunt, and a small bubble or fear trickled into her system. Everything had gone so wrong so quickly.

Elsa took a step forward, a motion for everyone to pay attention to her for a moment. In all of her scarred, sad, stony glory, the broken queen finally would reveal a crack. There was a moment of hesitance before she spoke- suddenly feeling a fleeting emotion of sadness for Tembovu. But that’s all it was- fleeting.

Clearing her throat, the Icebound stood tall amongst the ranks before her. Some unfamiliar, while others were faces she had seen once upon a time. None she could consider her friend, none that would mourn the loss of her position.

With a clam, quiet, resonant voice the Icebound spoke. “I stand here today, renouncing my position as queen. Tembovu and the rest of you will fill the position with whomever you deem fit. I will remain with the herd, but not as your head. You deserve someone better. Thank you.” She took a step backwards, relishing the fact that this was the last time she needed to stand next to him. No more pain, no more fake smiles, no more promises that she couldn’t keep.

She would return to the shadows from which she emerged, delving into the comfort of the place that never left her with lies and promises. Edgar screeched his agreement towards his bonded’s decision. But he couldn’t help but spare a solemn, sad glance towards the elephant companion that trailed next to the king. They could have been really good friends, if only things had not gone so wrong.

The Icebound was now just Elsa. The name that would soon be wiped from the minds of Helovia.

’I told you Tembovu. I was never a queen, and was certainly never yours.’

"talk"
image credits

Elsa is stepping down due to a. real life kinda eating me, and I am not able to put in as much time as such a thing is needed. and b. well she's just like sticking her middle finger to the world. ;P So sorry for not being here like I should guys. <3
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
tembovu
His Queen appears shortly after him and it is very apparent that she does not want to be near him or, perhaps, even at this meeting. Though he wasn’t left long in the silent, still, cool presence of his Queen. Soon Alysanne (he stiffened even more) appeared, though he was shocked to find a brightly genuine smile and greeting pouring from the painted beauty’s black lips. His brows raised and he dipped his great skull in greeting and silent affirmation that he was doing well, despite the sadness that lingered beneath his gaze. Others come to stand with her: Dacianna, the Riftan-turned-Sage that dedicated herself to the Edge; Lyanna, the newest Apothecary who, also, had shown noted efforts for recruiting and healing.

His great head dipped to lightly bump Hera in return to her playful greeting. His head rose, eyes traveling on the edges of those gathered and noting the ones who stood away from the herd. He recognized Ravel, the dark, slender woman along with Graasvoel, the wild Korofi. Evangeline, too, stands off away from all, surprising the King. He doesn’t recognize the skull-faced woman who gives both himself and Elsa a nod of greeting, and he returned it while his navy eyes study her for a few moments longer.

A flash of movement drew his eyes in time to see Imani, the striped mystic man of oddly colored eyes disappear into the trees. What had spooked him? The King’s head cocked, gaze continuing to see the brightly spattered, two-winged woman leaning heavily against a tree. Was she alright? Caenan was there, greeting after her. And Tilney was close by, and he was better able to heal herd members than the Elephant. His eyes caught the happy glances and whispers shared between Arah and Tilney, and the King was relieved to find himself happy for the beautifully antlered pair, any sense of his initial jealousy entirely dissipated.

He then found Nyx, traveling with rounded sides. Pregnant, again? And, unsurprisingly, covered with fresh scars and just-healed wounds. He wondered what stallion had bested her in battle this time, but wasn’t left long on the thought as Oizys appeared with sparking stag. His brows raise, before nodding a greeting to Rohan and Auriel in turn as they arrived.

His gaze finds Mauja, the Frozen Light, very much melting in the Tallsun heat. His eyes follow the wet slap of his tail against his flanks, purposefully avoiding the black, angry scar on his chest. He succeeded in glancing at it only once, the sight leaving his barrel empty and cold—though he quickly focused on those standing around him. Glasgow stood alongside the spotted man, and the King returns her nod of greeting. A dark man with foxes also stands with the man who held a presence in his heart; but he had not met this blood-washed stallion (the Edge was growing). And another, an orange woman of fire who was vaguely familiar, but whose appearance did not bring pleasant tidings (later he would recall her from that fateful night in the Deep Forest). His eyes watched Anzanie arrive, the lovely splashed Glazier, to stand alongside her fellow crafter.

A kitten wove through the equines, and the King’s eyes skittered to try and find its bonded. But then it changed, morphed, grew into Naerys. His black brows rose again—since when did she have crafting magic? A small grin crossed his face at the though of them shifting together; perhaps the cat would like the view from atop an elephant’s skull? “What the hell is that?” Iona’s unmistakable voice and frankness cut through the air, drawing a chuckle from the King. Despite starting the meeting with sadness and uneasiness, being surrounded by those of the Edge set his mind at ease. He nodded hellos to Raeden as she joined her fellow Specter.

But then Elsa abruptly stepped forward, taking everyone gathered’s attention. The King’s ears swept forward, uneasiness returning. Rarely did Elsa speak at meetings, rarely was she comfortable enough to draw such attention to herself. So, with troubled eyes, he watched and listened. “Renouncing my position as queen.” And the Elephant King’s ears swept back, guilt and angry welling swift and overwhelming in his chest. He had caused this, he knew. He was culpable for this particular, visible crack in the Icebound’s cold armor. His eyes closed for a moment, lips pressing together and head turning slightly away from her, from the herd, from everything. Though his mind tried to give into his guilt, he gritted his jaw.

He was King, there was no place for breaking beneath the load of regret and remorse he had brought onto himself. Especially before the entire herd. So, with a deep breath, his eyes popped open and he turned to look at Elsa, now standing beside him once again, “The Edge thanks you for your time dedicated to being our Queen, Elsa,” his voice was loud, before softening to a murmur, I thank you.” There was an apology in the whisper meant just for the monarchs, but he couldn’t dwell on it. They needed a new Leader; the first to come to mind was Mauja.

But Mauja was his friend (though that seemed too inadequate a word) and he did not need a ’friend’ to rule alongside him. He did need a friend to advise him though; and Mauja was well versed in the aspects of leading a herd… The Edge needed balance in its power. Perhaps that was where he and Elsa went astray: they both were too tied to the love of sparring and thus attraction to each other. There was one in the herd, however, who had repeatedly challenged him and stood up to him: Alysanne. And, with Alysanne, he knew he needn’t ever worry about mixing leadership with lust.

But Elsa was still a solid warrior presence in the Edge, despite being broken. She sparred and thoroughly beat her King—so his eyes glance around at those warriors present, mind turning over their spars and appearances in the herdlands. His dark blue gaze even lingered for a long moment on Nyx’s (once again) pregnant sides, thoughts turning and mulling rapidly before the entire herd.

So, finally, he spoke, “Alysanne, you have been in the Edge for longer than I. You are dedicated to healing its members and welcoming newcomers. You are a healthy and healing balance to my dedication to the tactics of war. The Edge would be honored and indebted for you to lead it.” He took a breath, eyes looking over the gathered Edge, before landing on his speckled, beloved friend, “And Mauja, having two monarchs with opposite strengths will require guidance. The Edge would greatly benefit with you as its Emissary to counsel its King and Queen.”

He paused, looking back at the Icebound, “Elsa, your dedication and prowess on the battlefield cannot be forgotten. We would be lucky to have you has our Captain,” his eyes sweep to Rohan, then his voice boomed again, “Rohan, you are a strong warrior, but your presence in training has been lacking. I think your strengths are suited to Sergeant, and you, Caenan,” his navy eyes sweep to the sea-loving cutlass, “Would better serve the Edge as Protector, for now.” His eyes remained on those he called upon to for a moment longer, before turning his sights to the healers.

“With Alysanne as our Queen, it leaves an open rank in our Moon Doctors. After our losses in the Rift battles, I am wary of not having healers available,” he paused, looking at the newly promoted Apothecary, “And so I ask Lyanna to step into the role as Moon Doctor.” Had circumstances been different, the King might have smiled warmly at the woman. Instead, he simply nodded. “And there are others who were promoted before this meeting: Glasgow is now our other Glazier and Dacianna is now among our Sage ranks.”

He sighed, taking a breath to continue speaking, never had he spoke so much at a meeting. “Though our herd swells in number, which is both impressive and inspiring, all that pass through the Threshold should be offered a home among us. I ask you all to visit Helovia’s borders in search for those who wish to start anew,” his great head swiveled, looking around as he ensured his request was heard by all, “And there is an enemy of the Edge. Her name is Ovidius, and she is a small, dark mare with golden horns along her face and back. She has attempted to steal from the Edge and has challenged your King. Be wary of her.”

His eyes travelled to the crafters, Anzanie and Glasgow, and glanced at the glittering piles of glass creations behind him, before continuing, “As of the last season, our Glaziers have been blessed with more glass to craft with. We have spears, shields, shivs, and caltrops for those who would like to arm themselves. And, as you can see, we have traded with the Basin for this canopy,” his thick horn gestured towards the lilac shade, “And we have traded with the Throat for an iron gate alone the southeastern border.”

He paused, looking southeast in the direction of the distant, beautifully crafted (but sturdy) gate, before continuing to the last part of information he needed to tell the Edge. His booming voice was beginning to grow tired, but still it called strongly over the herd, “The gate stands as a promise for what our Moon Goddesses has granted us: glass spikes to protect our borders. The spikes will be enchanted by the Goddess to slip beneath the soil so that we will not be trapped inside our borders. However, to gain such protection, the Goddess tasked us with clearing a bramble thicket along our boundaries, digging a trench for the spikes to slip into, testing the strength of the glass we will rely upon to protect us, and lastly our warriors must spar with the glass so that we understand the pain we inflict on others.”

His deep, rumbling boom finally fell silent as he surveyed everyone. Times were changing.
the elephant king

OKAY there was a lot covered in this post, I apologize for the overload (I probably should have split it up, but I was on a roll)!
Here's summary:
Rank Changes
-Alysanne→ Queen
-Mauja → Emissary
-Elsa→ Captain
-Rohan→ Sergeant
-Caenan → Protector
-Lyanna→ Moon Doctor

Crafted Items
-From Basin: Tent they're under
-From Throat: Iron Gate at SE border
-Greenhouse, glass jars (to grow/store herbs)
-If you would like any of the below herd-crafted items, please reply to this thread ICly (by 7/28) taking it and then post in Record Updates
Spears (for warriors)
Shields (for warriors)
Caltrops (for warriors or sneaks)
Shivs (for sneaks or warriors)

Herd Quest
A reminder that those with rank magic must post twice and half the herd must post once in our herd quest! Go check out the threads & post:
Clearing Bramble Thicket
Trench Digging
Glass Target Practice
And at least 2 warriors must spar with glass spears.

General Announcements:
Ovidius is an enemy of the Edge!
Glasgow was promoted to Glazier before meeting
Dacianna was promoted to Sage before meeting
Tembovu asked everyone to GO RECRUIT/THRESHOLD

The following need to post in the next 7 days (7/28) @Alune @Kiuaji @Viserra @Quentin @Merida @Sansa @Orithia @Ichab @Calstron @Laume @d'Arcy! @Enyo @Glacia @Kvasir @Entia

For those that have already posted: replying to this round is not mandatory unless you are taking an above-mentioned item!

Please tag Tembovu.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
like breaking diamonds with your hands
It was warm, and the rest of the herd didn't even have the decency to teleport to the location so they could get the meeting on with, over, and done. Perhaps, if it proved to be just another exercise in 'how to hurt Mauja's fragile feelings', he'd just go dunk himself in the lake. Let them .. do whatever they did .. while he enjoyed a cool swim and took advantage of a naturally liquid environment to mask tears he wasn't sure he could hold back if that thing happened again.

He didn't even know what it was, precisely. He wasn't interested in power—he wasn't interested in fancy titles and climbing the ladder towards the top again. He still had no idea what Tembovu's intentions with anything were, but so far, so good? Aside from a few questionable but easily explained things, but they only concerned Mauja. No one else should bother with it. No one else needed to know it.

He guessed that what it was, was nothing but sheer jealously, envy and fear, that these figures from Tembovu's murky past (but they all knew it, didn't they?) would mean more to him than Mauja did.

It was selfish, it was pathetic and pitiful, and it was just one of those things Mauja kept piling snow on top of in the hopes of burying it, and the feelings attached to it, once and for all. He couldn't afford to have emotions. It was undignified. It was counter-productive. It was less than perfect.

So while he stood quite still, and looked quite neutral, though a bit tad sweaty and with the faintest of frowns creasing his pale head, there was dread in the pit of his stomach. Dread, that they would show up, they, who had flocked around him at the last meeting, all of them painted in patterns and shapes similar to the Elephant King. And maybe, the striped mutt who came, laid eyes upon the King and Queen and then fled, was one of them, and maybe the large Pegasus coming after, before chasing after the striped one, was, too. And maybe, they were not, and thus Mauja's well-masked wary wait went on. His gaze skimmed the arrivals—Nyx, pregnant again (when was she not? and he was reminded about a meeting the Edge had held many, many years ago, when Korra and Lotus had argued about that particular thing—), with some lightning-beast-wielding mutt at her side. Dacianna, with whom he had still not made amends for yelling at and then kicking unconscious, sidled in next to Alysanne, eventually joined by an ever-growing crowd as one latched onto another, who latched onto another, and so it went on, with at least Lyanna and Iona joining. When Raeden did, he turned his gaze away, trying to fight down his conflicting emotions.

(There they were again, those emotions. Mercilessly, he stomped them down, trying to clear his mind, freeze over, prepare for what he knew was going to come: pain and disappointment and estrangement, in one way or another.)

Just as a crowd had formed around Alysanne, a crowd formed around him, a blend of bodies half in the sunlight, half in the slanted shade. Sacre was the first, coming with his foxes, and Mauja reached out to bump his soft muzzle against his black neck. On his other side, Glasgow settled, with Anzanie next to her, and his greeting was a glance and the flick of an ear, before a mare he felt was vaguely familiar slid in next to Sacre. She was copper-colored, but that wasn't what caught his attention; it was the sparks dancing along her skin, vibrating with energy he didn't trust. Still, in the lackadaisical manner the owls often employed about things he should know because they knew, they informed him she was a friend.

Next was that furry black cat trailing passionflowers, and his head bent to try and catch a fleeting touch of her soft fur before she bounded forth and became Naerys.

It was as if her transformation broke the spell, because Elsa stepped forth in a way that said hey, look at me, I'm about to speak. His white tail flicked out of habit, but likely he just smacked Sacre's hocks instead of being able to fan his own flanks. Oh, well. His blue eyes settled on their Queen as the questioning unease in his stomach grew. Something was wrong. Something was very wrong, and her voice was too quiet—would it carry to the back?

“I stand here today, renouncing my position as queen.”

It was far less dramatic that his resignation, and despite the mixture of fear, sympathy and surprise, it was not Elsa he looked at, but Tembovu. His black-rimmed, tan ears swept back, clenching against his neck, and his eyes closed as he turned his head away.

What had happened there? To him, Tembovu's stance screamed of guilt, of pain and regret, of fighting back a tide of emotions and had it been Mauja standing there with such a display upon his face and body, his mind would've been screaming that it was all his fault. Was Tembovu's doing the same?

Would the Edge ever have a Queen capable of ruling for more than a mere few months?

And why was everything so quiet in his head? Where was his pulse, that should've roared? Where were his thoughts, which should've been cataloging this information, and calculating the fifty thousand different scenarios which might take place?

He was still fixed on Tembovu, holding his breath; not afraid, merely captivated. He couldn't even tell why. The time until his navy eyes opened again felt like years, but surely it had been but a matter of seconds?

I did this to you, he thought sadly as he saw the composure in Tembovu's face; am I turning you into me? Was it, truly, Mauja's fault that he had had to deaden his own emotions? What would have happened otherwise? Of course it was Mauja's fault, he was the on who had thrust him into leadership, and without that, he wouldn't have led beside Elsa, and gods knew what wouldn't have happened then . . .

“Alysanne, you have been in the Edge for longer than I.”

He wasn't sure what he felt. (He thought he felt nothing, but not the good nothing, the bad nothing, the shocked nothing that is but a prelude to something much, much worse.)

Alysanne? Some stupid, feeble hope in his heart wished he was simply asking her to appoint a new leader, but each word spilling loud and clear from Tembovu's mouth hammered the nails deeper into the coffin's wood, until it was well and truly beyond doubt that he had chosen her. He wasn't even jealous—he was just bewildered—a little lost and, somewhere, perhaps .. rejected? He didn't want to be a leader again (or did he?), and—he knew there was so much he didn't know about Tembovu, and he didn't even want that from him, just—just—just something, and whatever it was, he wasn't getting it.

Not even when Tembovu threw him a band-aid in the shape of a promotion to what he assumed was just beneath King and Queen in rank, but band-aids can't fix broken souls. He wasn't even sure if he had a choice. It had almost been worded as an offer, as if he could refuse, but honestly, how could he? Not like this, not in front of the entire herd, and maybe, if he did this thing, took this job, he could forget about everything and drown himself in the incessant motion of duty and all these brittle, broken things would be forgotten again.

Tembovu shoved Elsa into the structure of the warriors, setting off a land-slide of little demotions, went on to promote Lyanna, but Mauja barely listened anymore. He felt numb, and cold, even in the brutal sunlight. He said something about Glasgow and Dacianna, about the threshold, about Ovidius, but Mauja barely heard it—or at least, he thought he hadn't, until he heard his own voice cut through the meeting in the wake of Tembovu's lengthy speech.

"Ovidius belongs to an outcast group called 'The Unbound'. If anyone has any information on them, please step forth and share it."

And still everything was so eerily silent in his head.

Mau is asking about information on THE UNBOUND.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Faces began to gather though everyone seemed keen to keep their own personal space. Young Hera, who bounded out of the meeting just as quickly as she had arrived, Lourdes, Mauja, Ravel, Nyx all slowly filed in. It wasn’t until Dacianna arrived that Aly was no longer left alone and she returned the roan mare’s smile with one of her own. Iona soon joined her on her other side and the smile she used to greet her twin quickly turned into laughter at Iona’s question about the canopy - the chuckles coming out stifled as she tried to keep them under control. “Don’t worry sister, I’ll protect you.”

She turned to nicker a greeting to Petyr as he landed on her withers before looking around and ah, yes, there was her daughter, and as she was twisted to see Naerys she also caught sight of Tandavi. It was good to see the copper mare and to see that she had more connections with the present day Edge than she might have realized when she first arrived.

As Lyanna joined them and Tallis landed on her back as well, Alysanne felt overwhelmed with love for her friends and for (what she perceived as) their love for her. Those first few despairing moments as she had stood on her own were nothing more than ghosts now and she felt her heart swell with joy.

She was wrong to despair for the ? Edge. Changes brought her new friends, new family.

Hemlock, of course, was delighted to have the company of not one but two companions in his domain on Alysanne’s back. Two companions that he actually liked! He hooted a greeting to Petyr as he clamoured out from the shady hiding and sleeping spot beneath his bonded’s soft white feathers. When Tallis joined them with snacks, Hemlock hopped excitedly until part of the rabbit was offered to him. They were far too big for the owl to hunt on his own so this was a special treat.

Seeing Tallis too only enhanced the sense of family for Alysanne - Evangeline was here too, lingering somewhere. But before her green eyes could find the chestnut mare, Elsa shifted and cleared her throat - demanding the attention of all those present. It was surprising enough hearing her speak first instead of Tembovu but the actual words that she spoke brought the most surprise of all. Stepping down? And then quick on the heels of the shock was concern. For the herd (who would be lead now?) but for Elsa. She did not know the icy mare well (when did that ever stop her from caring?) and she wondered if she’d be able to seek her out after the meeting and make sure that she was okay.

She wasn’t the only one who was surprised about this announcement from the look on Tembovu’s face. So this hadn’t been something they had planned beforehand. How annoying she found the pity that rose in her - having to deal with an abdication while having the whole herd present.

Alysanne was still wondering how he would handle it, whether he would confer with his favourites about what was to be done, when her name was spoken.

Wait.

“Did he say my name just now?” Alysanne whispered to Iona, possibly just loud enough for Lyanna and Dacianna to hear as well as the menagerie of companions that she had on her back. He had said it right? Spoken to her and offered her the position of queen? While she was standing here with a dead rabbit being eaten by a dragon and owl on her back?

She barely remembered nodding, her heart consenting while her mind still reeled. Of course she would accept this - she’d give the Edge anything it asked for. Even if it was Tembovu doing the asking. She wanted to ask him if he was sure he wanted her but the words stuck in her throat. This wasn’t the time to cast about her doubts out freely - she’d try to get the chance later. Besides, if she thought about it, who else would he pick? Mauja, perhaps, but while her head was still ringing with her own promotion she had missed that he had been given a special honour as well.

There had always been someone else ready to take the throne and Alysanne, ever the Moon Doctor, never thought that would change.

Well, she had been right about Tembovu removing her from her position. But it was to offer her something else, something much bigger.

Was she supposed to go up there? It didn’t seem right, not with Elsa still standing with Tembovu, and though she looked to them for guidance the announcement concerning her was glided over quickly and she was left to figure it out in her own as more names and changes were spoken.

‘With Alysanne as Queen…’ sent her mind into another flurry until another name was spoken and she realized what was happening. He was giving Lyanna her abdicated position of Moon Doctor. This snapped her out of the fog in her head enough to smile brightly as she looked to Lyanna nearby. “Congratulations!” She whispered so as to not interrupt the steady stream of announcements that were still coming from Tembovu.

Still stunned, Alysanne listened carefully to the rest of the news - about the crafts that their Glaziers had been working hard on, about the quest that they had been granted by the Moon Goddess. Just a flick of her ear betrayed what may later grow into annoyance at the idea of glass spikes - but at least it was better than the wall. Better than a glass cage.

Alysanne

art by duskbeguile
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Kiuaji Posts: 40
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 9 HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Matanye :: African Crowned Eagle :: None Nova

'Fashionably late, my dear, not totally and utterly late'

The barb was directed towards his companion, the eagle merely giving him a pointed look in the wake of her absent voice. One that seemed to say 'move, before I try drag you off the cliff myself', and so with a click of his tongue, Kiuaji upped his leisurely trot — one that was entirely accidental in it's slow and lazy pace — into a ground covering canter.

In his defense, he had been on the outskirts of the Edge when he had heard dear ol'Bov make the summons. Also, in the favor of the persecution's court, he could of been there much faster if he had been more engaged to put his perfectly curved ass to the ground and haul it. He had never been incredibly fond of councils and meetings, the particular get togethers that involved political matters and other such things. To be fair, in Dorobo, he only appeared to chafe the rest of the gathered elite and to bank in on the free wine, among doing his duty, he did love their bristling skin and the way they held their breath when he leaned in just too close for comfort. Maybe turned up when he knew the night's entertainment came in the form of a particular figurehead choking on his own spittle as their eyes rolled up into their extravaganelty decorated skull.

That was neither here or there though, and this wasn't Dorobo. This was Helovia, and this was the World's Edge. Tembovu wasn't a roguish general defying the Banderi and the Makutano while Kiuaji played the part of ambassador and assassin while he sipped wine and made catty comments as the corpses littered his feet. Dripping in decadence and enjoying the attention while he carefully hooked himself into the fabric and unraveled it at the seams.

If Bov called, he had little choice but to slink his way to where ever he had in mind.

Matanye is the first to reach the gathering, breaking through the tree's to circle around those that gathered. Each one doesn't miss her pointed gaze, before she turns and heads back towards where Kiuaji will appear, but not before giving Tembovu an affectionate chirp.

The poisoner appears just in time to witness the promotions and demotions, the not-so-graceful fall of the once frozen Queen. Sauntering out of the thicket with curves swaying and head held high  — the devils wiseass smirk on his face and a mischievous glint in his eye. Once straight banners of cream and copper-gold are now coiled and curled thanks to the salt breeze and unrelenting heat working together, falling over one of his eyes as he gives Tembovu a once over.

Ah, Bov, what have you done now? His look seems to say and then his piercing gaze is gone again from the handsome king.

The androgynous stallion keeps distance from the rest of the herd, decidedly bored with the ascension and subsequent fall of others, he half banks that the new Queen may find her fortune fall short in her new place with such a dangerous crown upon her brow. Instead he searches for any familiar Dorobian faces and finds that he's the only one save for Tembovu. Pity, he had hoped his favorite feline unicorn was present, it would of made the place a bit brighter, he did so love their back and forths.

"talk talk talk"

Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts

Credits: Image by the-day-of-shadow @ DA
[Image: kiuajipixel_by_abbie1234_d9nzm2x_by_drea...9nzm7u.png]

"let me shatter your frame of mind, my dear"

force & magic permitted on Kiuaji at all times
with the exception of maiming and death.

Adaeze Posts: 32
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6
ali
curiosity killed the cat . satisfaction brought it back
Meetings were so boring. Adaeze had had her fair share of meetings in Dorobo ... at least until the council had decided that she'd needed to be put to death. That had been the end of her meeting attendance, but it wasn't something that she'd missed at all. Droning on and on and on with announcements, promotions, warnings, and the like was boring. She had even thought about not attending at all, why should she if she had no rank? But the idea that her best frenemy would be there, as he always was when Temby was involved, spurred the cat into motion.

Even with the thought of finding Kiuaji at the meeting, Ada took her time. She hoped that if she took long enough when she arrived the meeting would be ending, she'd have missed all the boring bits, and still would have shown her face. Unfortunately for her, when she arrived Tembovu was in the middle of promoting someone to queen (what happened to the old one?), and someone else to Moon Doctor, and blah blah blah.

Ada tuned Tembovu's voice out and began to search the herd for a certain stallion. When she spotted him she smiled to herself. Kiu was never really hard to spot in a crowd. He was to pretty not to be noticed and she'd told him that several times before. She moved in his direction, slipping around horses that were in her way and pushing past others who didn't leave enough room to pass.

The cheetah slipped up to Kiuaji's side, her shoulder rubbing against him in her typical cat-like manner. "Hey, baby." She purred. "Whaddya say we ditch this meeting for some real fun?" She asked, winking playfully at her friend. It had truly been too long sime the two of them had had time to sit and gossip.

"."
Adaeze
image | table style by Kiki

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova
Moonlight Sonata

"I'm sorry I'm late, my King."

His silvered voice called from the tree's as he emerged, nostrils flared to intake lungfuls of air after all but galloping through the thick heat of tallsun. He's not made for such heavy weather, he's far more used to the cold, or temperate days with the breeze rolling in off of clear waters. The Seer is at least in time to hear their former Queen's stepping down, and a new one being appointed in her place, silver eyes immediately turn to the newly crowned lady and his head dips towards her.

"And I'm sorry I am late to your crowning, my Queen, many blessings of the Gods upon you. May your reign be a long and fruitful one."

Another inhale is taken and he rights himself, seeking what little comfort he can in the shade of the tree's next to the gathered heard, leonine tail coiling and flickering across the grass idly. He had meant to be late, he had been busy carefully going over his completed statue, making sure everything was perfect, no imperfections or crooked lines that would require him to restart again.

"If I could have a moment of your time, Tembovu." Finally having composed himself enough to speak out, without constantly stopping to try and wrestle his breathing and heart rate back into shape. "I have finished the moon statue, it awaits to be transported to the seer's grove though I'm sure I can do it myself, if hooves are better placed elsewhere." He rumbled with a soft smile. "And I must apologize for my absence...I have not been entirely myself as of late, my heart wrestles with questions of home and how my brethren fair. They should no longer interfere with my duties."

He turns then, back to the gathering before him, lapsing into a contemplative silence. He has little more to offer the meeting, those that wish to join the Seer's ranks know they need only find him and ask, not wait until meetings like this to ask for a place.

We are all like the bright moon
we still have our darker side
[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Kiuaji Posts: 40
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 9 HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Matanye :: African Crowned Eagle :: None Nova

How delighted the poisoner was, when his favorite feline made her much awaited entrance to their little gathering.

Glittering purples watch her as she makes her way over, unable to help the widening smirk on his all too pretty features, they should know better to get in the way of a predator on a mission, watching the disgruntled bodies begrudgingly give Adaeze the space she so deserves. She's there at his side in no time, silent and lithe as a cat, pressed up against the side of his body with that oh so devilish purr lilting her silky vocals.

"Ada, my darling! I thought you would never show up at all." He lamented dramatically, uncaring that his voice has gone up an octave. His neck curves to allow him to press his forehead against her in an affectionate greeting. They cut quite the beautiful sight, if Kiuaji said so himself, and quite the deadly sight — if one could only peer past their jovial display and see beneath the layers. He could honestly go on and on about the both of them, if he was allowed, but now wasn't quite the time when there were here to listen to the droning.  "I thought I was doomed to spend the day subjected to this all on my own." His flare for dramatics dies out when she propositions that they ditch the event in favor of something more his style, more their style. It's all the poisoner can do to remain somewhat collected outwardly in his reply.

"I thought you'd never ask." Already he's turning around and beginning to disappear into the treeline, pausing to look over his shoulder, batting his eyelashes at her, a poor attempt to appear naive and bashful.  "Let us get this good time started, be gentle with me, no claws on the first date. Not unless you put those velvety lips to good use in kissing the marks better."

"talk talk talk"

Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts

Credits: Image by the-day-of-shadow @ DA

@Adaeze
[Image: kiuajipixel_by_abbie1234_d9nzm2x_by_drea...9nzm7u.png]

"let me shatter your frame of mind, my dear"

force & magic permitted on Kiuaji at all times
with the exception of maiming and death.

Calstron Posts: 43
World's Edge Protector
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8
Goatfairy

RON was late....like....really late. It distressed him to be so slow to muster for his new king. He knew that, when he'd been nearly king, the same sort of action from a new recruit would have aroused suspicion.. He'd been exploring the edges of the Edge when the call had been made and it had been a struggle to arrive even as late as he had. Ok, well, maybe he'd been hunting for a rabbit to stomp or something but it wasn't like he'd ever admit that. He'd been unable to fly until he made it out of those dreadfully dense thickets which had entangled him. Even then, it wasn't as if he could very well float into the herd meeting, could he? I mean, attention was never a good thing unless you were important...even then, something like an important sneak should be, well, sneaky. So he landed a ways away from the meeting, annoyed by both his required presence and his tardiness at actually showing up.

Granted, as his hulky form slithered up through the shadows he heard the elephant stud thanking someone for their role as Queen....so perhaps Ron would be spared from excess scrutiny thanks to the distraction. The blood knight picks his way quietly along, surprising himself, as he searches for both his master and muse: Raeden. It wasn't like him to do such things but, alas, he found her to be a worthy diversion. Crimson orbs finally alight upon the pale form they seek and he pushes along until he is able to pull up beside her. Ron's voice, smooth as silk, whispers in her ear" Hello, Master Rae, my apologies for the tardiness luv."  

@Raeden
  Coding by Tamme, Customization by Goatfairy, Stock by Vic1230@flickr

Laume Posts: 18
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 1yr
Goatfairy

S H E  was more than a little worried, to be honest. She hadn't seen Mother in a while and there was this call thingy that she'd not heard before and she had no idea what she was supposed to do. Like, were you supposed to go to it? But, if you're a foal, do you go alone or what? Nerves crept up on her like a caterpillar. She was older now, and loved the independence Mom was giving her, but it was times like this where she felt like a newborn again. Distraught, she waited right were she was, not far from their nest, for a while until she felt like it was getting to that awkward time where like she should have probably left a while agoooo but likeee....yeah. Butt nuggets.

Laume was a fierce little bug, though, and she refused to be daunted by the prospect of attending this new event alone. Why should she, after all? She'd wiggled away twice when she was younger and had great fun every time! With a huff and a heave she rights her lanky legs and sets a brisk trot towards the congregation of voices. Little butterfly wings, still too clumsy to get her fully off the ground, flutter nervously at her side as she prances her way through the forest. Her fae eyes find the forms of the crowd and something else, a huge overhang to provide shade from the hot day. Thin head tilts to the side, taking in this odd sight, before realizing she was supposed to be looking for Mom here at the gathering. Yellow eyes cast their net: she sees Arah-Teacher, Alys-Healter, RaeRae(next to some weird stallion), and Tembovu at the head. She'd always known he was king but, seeing the big hulking creature standing in a place of power, instead of mingled with his people as he usually was, brought an odd feeling to her throat. This window into the life of the adults was unnerving. It was as if they all lived separate, individual lifes...they were "other" and not just existing when she saw them.

She wasn't sure if it was disappointment, betrayal that perhaps he'd only been fatherly to her since he was a King, or something else...but her little foal mind didn't like it. Neither Mother nor Father were in the crowd though, from what she could tell, and this left her in an odd position. She felt too young to just be standing alone in this odd crowd, but she didn't want to bug anyone else, so she simply wiggled her way towards the intimidatingly beautiful Arah. It wasn't as if she was trying to be overly friendly with her, just standing near her for a proximity type of comfort...a familiar face in the midst of intimidating (seemingly, anyways) adult chaos. "Hello?" she whispered to the mare, not making eye contact, but instead dipping her head in what she assumed was supposed to be a greeting.

Horse Stock: AussieGal7@dA, BG Stock: DeletedAcct, Manip: ExquisiteIllusions@dA(me)
@Arah

OOC: No need to reply if you don't want to, just thought you'd like to know she saw her at the meeting. xD
-Please Tag Laume In  All Posts So Her Sassy  Ass Doesn't Forget!-

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

Her daughter's arrival comes with mixed feelings. Part of her is glad that at least one of her children has attended, but...the lack of the other three is painful. She looks hopefully around, but they are nowhere to be found. She sighs, but Oizys' blunt question manages to ooze a smile from her. It seems the scar-faced girl has inherited her mother's lack of tact. "Not fat, dear - I'm afraid you have a sibling on the way." She awaits the filly's reaction, then looks to Tembovu as he begins to speak.

The announcements are largely rank ones; those that involve her soldiers draw the ironheart's attention most closely. But then comes one that truly makes her ears dart forwards and her neck arch with interest; the queen is stepping down.

Immediately, odd feels begin zooming around the silver's head. Last time, when Elsa became queen over Nyx herself, she'd been....disappointed. She is not a natural leader, but she'd never seen the ice queen around the Edge until the meeting that brought her promotion. An absent leader in Torleik had been replaced with an equally absent potential leader in Elsa, and Nyx's jealousy had flared far hotter than she'd thought possible over such a thing. Now, the queen is stepping down, and there is to be another in her place.

Her heart begins to race. She doesn't know why, but there's just a hint of anticipation. Could this be her time? She has never clamoured to rule, but if given the chance...what if? She could be great. If not her, then surely it must be Mauja, loyal, strong Mauja - he knows his stuff, and that spotty head sorely misses a crown upon it. But she can't help think....Tembovu trusts her, he knows she can command warriors, he knows what she's capable of...

And then the announcement comes. The leadership goes to neither of them; it is a mare Nyx vaguely recognises, although she cannot fully remember why. A healer.

Are you SHITTING ME, Tembovu?

Her ears slice backwards and a snort of disgust heats the air before her. What. The. Fuck. A healer as queen? Has Tembovu lost his mind? The mare is dumbstruck; her pregnant sides wobble as if in sympathy with her rancid thoughts. A healer. A healer. Bitterness jars in her throat, and her eyes flash dangerously. "I'm sorry, but what? A healer as queen? A battle-hardened queen is just as important as a battle-hardened king - a queen needs to lead from the front in times of war. What's she going to do if we get invaded, throw herbs at them? Oh, we'll be feared in all four corners of Helovia - beware the Edge's flowery wrath!" Call it pregnancy hormones, or just her sudden jealousy erupting from deep within her, but it is quite out of character for Nyx to create such an outburst. Normally she disagrees quietly, and just mutters to herself later. Not today.

But the moment the words have left her, shame slams her like a sledgehammer. Whoops. She shouldn't have said that. It is not befitting of a General to let her emotions rule her head. Shit. Shit. Shit. "Erm....I mean, uh, congratulations. I'll just be, uh, going." With that, the silver sends Dominus forwards to snatch up a shield and spear on her behalf, then attempts to traipse shiftily out of the meeting before anyone can beat up her pregnant ass. It's not as if bidding a hasty retreat will un-say what she just said, but....it's worth a shot. In an attempt to restore some parity to the situation, she adds as an afterthought; "Warriors, I'll summon you as soon as my condition allows, and we can decide who will fight with glass for our quest." Then she continues her attempt to nope right on out of there.

NOW HER HAND IS RAISED, A SWORD TO PIERCE THE SUN
WITH IRON SHIELD SHE DEFENDS THE FAITHFUL, LET CHAOS BE UNDONE

unicorn: iconian fonts.dafont lion: jonathan s harris.dafont

TL;DR: Nyx is salty then takes a spear and shield and tries to zoom away before anyone slaps her pregnant ass. Feel free to stop her!

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

Everything heading out from her speech went just as planned. No one said a word, no looks of anger and jealousy were given. She supposed that everyone must’ve held the same thought about their former queen- absent and mentally unstable.
But to say she made it out of this alive was a lie. It hurt that Tembovu had so quickly announced a replacement. There was no grace period, no time for others to vote. She had nothing against the new queen, but against the fact that it seemed he had planned on her leaving.

Her ears tilted back slightly, only flickering back forward as Nyx, their general, so brashly spoke. Well, now her general. Technically she had no right to say anything about the situation. But something had to be said. It didn’t seem like Tembovu was making a move.

Sure, she apologized but anger broiled within her. Insubordination was not something to be taken lightly. Their new queen deserved as much, and even more, respect than herself did. ”I would advise you to respect your queen, General.” There was a hiss of anger and coldness behind her voice. It didn’t matter if Elsa had fallen below her, she was not going to let someone walk over a woman who is befitting to run the Edge. ”I suppose this is my time then to step away. Congratulations Alysanne, I know I won’t be of much help, but if you ever need any advice, I’d be willing to help you.” A small fraction of a smile made its way across her face as she took a step away from Tembovu. He was just as heartless and unforgiving as she expected. He displayed no emotion towards her resignation, instead falsely giving her accolades for her work. ”Goodbye, Tembovu.” She said quietly. She had enough knowledge to know he truly did not care for her presence. She would do her best to stay out of his way as much as possible.

And with that the icy queen stepped away from the throne, and away from those who suffered beneath her grasp. She needed to retreat back into the life of a warrior. Silent and observing. A woman of few words she would be, but a woman of many deadly skills she would become.

Edgar sat quietly on her head, contemplating what had happened. He could feel mixed emotions bouncing around in his bonded as they meandered away from the crowd. She thought maybe the third try would be a charm, but it seemed as if her curse was never going to break.

The less connections she had, the less care she had, the more deadly she could become.

"talk"
image credits

@Alysanne 
@Nyx
@Tembovu

are all directly addressed. Elsa is walking out but you can stop her if ya wannt.
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
I’ll taste the devil's tears
She patiently waited as more creatures funneled in, following the tracks of so many that had come before them. Glassy eyes scanned the canopy and the shade that it casted upon the earth. Part of her body yearned for the thought of how it might feel under the shadow as the sun heated her pale skin. She wasn’t one to complain, the Glazier had very pale fur so she really had no room to talk when there were others around her such as the dark stag that stood on the opposite side of Mauja. But she stayed where she was, watching as more gathered with a small amount of bewilderment at how large the Edge had really become.

Her sight was dragged away from the crowd as her fellow Glazier appeared beside her – dipping her head in greeting. Glasgow offered her a smile and a dip of her head as well. “Hello Anzanie. It’s going well I think. I hope you’re doing alright.” She couldn’t help but to remember the hollow look at the Glazier during her private promotion. She only hoped that her work was helping the painted equine out with figuring out her issues. And with that, she turned her head back to the King and Queen expectantly, waiting to see what was going to happen next. As if on cue, Elsa stood forth. Her pristine ice shield glimmering and seemingly melting before their eyes as she renounced her title. And yet, Glasgow didn’t seem to feel anything. As bad as it was, she didn’t care that much. Leaders came and went, they did back home and they would here. In fact, part of her admired Elsa for her to be able to come up front and announce it in front of everyone. Instead of having the show of the last meeting.

Even still, she listened – ivory ears cupped forward to not miss a single moment as Tembovu announced the new Queen. For this, Glasgow smiled. The mare was nice and kind, and as far as the scarred Glazier was concerned, wonderful for the job. Sometimes opposites worked best – not just fire and ice, but battle and health. But then Tembovu continued on, speaking of the promotions and what not. She nodded with a small smile as he said her name and began to mention the blades and shields that Anzanie and her had created. Her glassy gaze drifted toward them in their jagged shapes – her first creations. And she had a softness of her heart for them, wanting to be sure that they did their jobs just as she had done hers.

But of course it wouldn’t be a meeting without drama. And she watched, waiting for those that wanted her blades to step up and take them. And before anyone had, Nyx began to speak up. She had never officially met the woman, but the words that spilled from her lips caused a pit of anger to grow within her chest. As the gray mare went to step up to grab her blades, Glasgow swiftly moved from her place beside Mauja toward her blades, glassy orbs staring down Nyx as she approached. Despite the sideways apology, Glasgow stood tall and completely against what she normal showed. “I hope you know that healers can be just as dangerous as warriors with blades” Her voice was heavy, full of the fire that burned within her. Her words lingered on 'blades', her blades, that she had worked so hard to create. If it weren't enough that the mare had spoken up like that, Glasgow felt part of her slightly upset that the mare would think like that and use the weapons she created  “You need to appreciate every part of the machine that makes up a herd. Regardless what their leaders professions were before.” It was almost a warning as she stood looming over her blades. She still allowed the mare to grab a blade and shield before doing her best to slip away. With that, Glasgow turned her head to Alysanne and nodded to her, “Congratulations my Queen.” Her voice was gentler this time, and she forced a small smile to the painted Queen before leaving the blades, nodding at Tembovu and Elsa and began to move away from the gathering, doing her best to pick holes in the crowd to make her way out of.

"Talk."
Drink from his soul—
but i'll never give up you.
Glasgow
image | coding

Directly calls out @Nyx (sorry :|||) congratulates @Alysanne