the Rift

Big Ideas Have Small Beginnings [Herd Meeting]

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
I said to the sun—what's the Big Bang like?
the sun said—it hurts to become
I came as called.

I heard the Elephant King's voice boom throughout the land, even from my dance in the sky. With a reluctant, smoky snort, I descended from the arid atmosphere to the breezy, smoldering land below. The humidity sickeningly clung to my coat. I avoided the ground at all costs because of this, or I lingered farther north in search of cooler conditions.

I arrived upon the meeting, staying in the shadows, on the edge of the gathering. Fortunately, it seemed I hadn't missed anything, and I wasn't too tardy. But I stayed on the outskirts, watching the others from behind pallid lashes and nebulous clouds of smoke. Too many faces were unfamiliar, I was a stranger in the crowd. I knew a handful, of course, but not well enough to join them when all I really wanted to do was return to the sky, or to cooler temperatures, at least.

My eyes found the pale figure of the Icebound, her scarred bodice and regal stature displaying her before all as the Queen she fought to be. I couldn't tell if she were broken or blissful, especially at that distance, but I hoped for her sake it was the latter. Mentally, I reminded myself to seek her out soon. We hadn't spoken in...a while. And Shida? Fuck if I knew what she was up to. The little explosion wouldn't be happy if she thought I were forgetting about her or something of the like. I certainly hadn't, I sadly lacked the time to visit.

image | coding
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big Ideas Have Small Beginnings [Herd Meeting] - by Auriel - 07-18-2016, 07:00 PM