the Rift

Big Ideas Have Small Beginnings [Herd Meeting]

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

Her daughter's arrival comes with mixed feelings. Part of her is glad that at least one of her children has attended, but...the lack of the other three is painful. She looks hopefully around, but they are nowhere to be found. She sighs, but Oizys' blunt question manages to ooze a smile from her. It seems the scar-faced girl has inherited her mother's lack of tact. "Not fat, dear - I'm afraid you have a sibling on the way." She awaits the filly's reaction, then looks to Tembovu as he begins to speak.

The announcements are largely rank ones; those that involve her soldiers draw the ironheart's attention most closely. But then comes one that truly makes her ears dart forwards and her neck arch with interest; the queen is stepping down.

Immediately, odd feels begin zooming around the silver's head. Last time, when Elsa became queen over Nyx herself, she'd been....disappointed. She is not a natural leader, but she'd never seen the ice queen around the Edge until the meeting that brought her promotion. An absent leader in Torleik had been replaced with an equally absent potential leader in Elsa, and Nyx's jealousy had flared far hotter than she'd thought possible over such a thing. Now, the queen is stepping down, and there is to be another in her place.

Her heart begins to race. She doesn't know why, but there's just a hint of anticipation. Could this be her time? She has never clamoured to rule, but if given the chance...what if? She could be great. If not her, then surely it must be Mauja, loyal, strong Mauja - he knows his stuff, and that spotty head sorely misses a crown upon it. But she can't help think....Tembovu trusts her, he knows she can command warriors, he knows what she's capable of...

And then the announcement comes. The leadership goes to neither of them; it is a mare Nyx vaguely recognises, although she cannot fully remember why. A healer.

Are you SHITTING ME, Tembovu?

Her ears slice backwards and a snort of disgust heats the air before her. What. The. Fuck. A healer as queen? Has Tembovu lost his mind? The mare is dumbstruck; her pregnant sides wobble as if in sympathy with her rancid thoughts. A healer. A healer. Bitterness jars in her throat, and her eyes flash dangerously. "I'm sorry, but what? A healer as queen? A battle-hardened queen is just as important as a battle-hardened king - a queen needs to lead from the front in times of war. What's she going to do if we get invaded, throw herbs at them? Oh, we'll be feared in all four corners of Helovia - beware the Edge's flowery wrath!" Call it pregnancy hormones, or just her sudden jealousy erupting from deep within her, but it is quite out of character for Nyx to create such an outburst. Normally she disagrees quietly, and just mutters to herself later. Not today.

But the moment the words have left her, shame slams her like a sledgehammer. Whoops. She shouldn't have said that. It is not befitting of a General to let her emotions rule her head. Shit. Shit. Shit. "Erm....I mean, uh, congratulations. I'll just be, uh, going." With that, the silver sends Dominus forwards to snatch up a shield and spear on her behalf, then attempts to traipse shiftily out of the meeting before anyone can beat up her pregnant ass. It's not as if bidding a hasty retreat will un-say what she just said, but....it's worth a shot. In an attempt to restore some parity to the situation, she adds as an afterthought; "Warriors, I'll summon you as soon as my condition allows, and we can decide who will fight with glass for our quest." Then she continues her attempt to nope right on out of there.

NOW HER HAND IS RAISED, A SWORD TO PIERCE THE SUN
WITH IRON SHIELD SHE DEFENDS THE FAITHFUL, LET CHAOS BE UNDONE

unicorn: iconian fonts.dafont lion: jonathan s harris.dafont

TL;DR: Nyx is salty then takes a spear and shield and tries to zoom away before anyone slaps her pregnant ass. Feel free to stop her!

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big Ideas Have Small Beginnings [Herd Meeting] - by Nyx - 07-21-2016, 04:42 PM