the Rift

Big Ideas Have Small Beginnings [Herd Meeting]

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
I’ll taste the devil's tears
She patiently waited as more creatures funneled in, following the tracks of so many that had come before them. Glassy eyes scanned the canopy and the shade that it casted upon the earth. Part of her body yearned for the thought of how it might feel under the shadow as the sun heated her pale skin. She wasn’t one to complain, the Glazier had very pale fur so she really had no room to talk when there were others around her such as the dark stag that stood on the opposite side of Mauja. But she stayed where she was, watching as more gathered with a small amount of bewilderment at how large the Edge had really become.

Her sight was dragged away from the crowd as her fellow Glazier appeared beside her – dipping her head in greeting. Glasgow offered her a smile and a dip of her head as well. “Hello Anzanie. It’s going well I think. I hope you’re doing alright.” She couldn’t help but to remember the hollow look at the Glazier during her private promotion. She only hoped that her work was helping the painted equine out with figuring out her issues. And with that, she turned her head back to the King and Queen expectantly, waiting to see what was going to happen next. As if on cue, Elsa stood forth. Her pristine ice shield glimmering and seemingly melting before their eyes as she renounced her title. And yet, Glasgow didn’t seem to feel anything. As bad as it was, she didn’t care that much. Leaders came and went, they did back home and they would here. In fact, part of her admired Elsa for her to be able to come up front and announce it in front of everyone. Instead of having the show of the last meeting.

Even still, she listened – ivory ears cupped forward to not miss a single moment as Tembovu announced the new Queen. For this, Glasgow smiled. The mare was nice and kind, and as far as the scarred Glazier was concerned, wonderful for the job. Sometimes opposites worked best – not just fire and ice, but battle and health. But then Tembovu continued on, speaking of the promotions and what not. She nodded with a small smile as he said her name and began to mention the blades and shields that Anzanie and her had created. Her glassy gaze drifted toward them in their jagged shapes – her first creations. And she had a softness of her heart for them, wanting to be sure that they did their jobs just as she had done hers.

But of course it wouldn’t be a meeting without drama. And she watched, waiting for those that wanted her blades to step up and take them. And before anyone had, Nyx began to speak up. She had never officially met the woman, but the words that spilled from her lips caused a pit of anger to grow within her chest. As the gray mare went to step up to grab her blades, Glasgow swiftly moved from her place beside Mauja toward her blades, glassy orbs staring down Nyx as she approached. Despite the sideways apology, Glasgow stood tall and completely against what she normal showed. “I hope you know that healers can be just as dangerous as warriors with blades” Her voice was heavy, full of the fire that burned within her. Her words lingered on 'blades', her blades, that she had worked so hard to create. If it weren't enough that the mare had spoken up like that, Glasgow felt part of her slightly upset that the mare would think like that and use the weapons she created  “You need to appreciate every part of the machine that makes up a herd. Regardless what their leaders professions were before.” It was almost a warning as she stood looming over her blades. She still allowed the mare to grab a blade and shield before doing her best to slip away. With that, Glasgow turned her head to Alysanne and nodded to her, “Congratulations my Queen.” Her voice was gentler this time, and she forced a small smile to the painted Queen before leaving the blades, nodding at Tembovu and Elsa and began to move away from the gathering, doing her best to pick holes in the crowd to make her way out of.

"Talk."
Drink from his soul—
but i'll never give up you.
Glasgow
image | coding

Directly calls out @Nyx (sorry :|||) congratulates @Alysanne

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big Ideas Have Small Beginnings [Herd Meeting] - by Glasgow - 07-21-2016, 06:31 PM