the Rift

Big Ideas Have Small Beginnings [Herd Meeting]

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

Of course, why would getting away be simple? It was far too easy that way. And did Elsa do easy? Nope.

She lingered as the rest spoke on. Especially in particular to Mauja’s story to pregnant warriors. It was a fact that could not be ignored. But as fate would have it, a little brat, probably barely old enough to even know what the actual hell she was saying, decided to throw her attempt of comeback. That coupled with Alune’s apparent stupidity to the situation, Elsa could hardly hold back her rage.

Stepping forward again, she moved slightly closer to the child who dared speak like she knew what the hell was going on. All of her points invalid, stupid, and in a sense, innocent despite all the harsh words she hid behind. “Oh darling. I think I need to speak to you, but I can’t wait.” Edgar shied back on her head slightly at the slew of things running through the Icebound’s mind. Because the Icebound was certainly about to break free.

“If I had done my job, I wouldn’t get the absolute pleasure of speaking to you like this. As a queen, I was restricted. I was doing the job of a diplomat when my job was best served elsewhere. A mistake on my part, but I hardly did a shit job. I mean, look around you. You’re barely even old enough to open your damn eyes to observe. And you wish to speak like an adult. So I will treat you as such.” A harsh stamp of her foot was a way to silence the others who dared question her treatment of this child. She was old and strong enough to take what she dished out. “If it were not safe, if I had not done my job in the Edge, my child you would have never been born. You were birthed into one of the strongest herds, and I’m smart enough to realize when I’ve done my job and my strengths are best suited elsewhere.” Her words were venomous, cold and whipped but still barely under control. By now she expected Tembovu to approach her later to speak- but from here on out Elsa was no longer forced to quell her anger in the name of being a “nice leader”. That’s what Alysanne was for now.

”And if you had learned your Helovian history you would know I served in your mothers position before I was elevated to queen by the goddess of the moon. Tell me, child, do you question the patron goddess’s motive?” She paused for a moment but the question was rhetorical. Although, for the sake of making things even worse she almost dared the child to speak against the moon. ”The whole point of being a warrior is being available. Carrying a child constantly is not only unsafe for the herd, but for the child. Don’t go get yourself fucked if you can’t carry the life within you. And let’s say the general did sacrifice her child, it does not make her any more agile or fit to have a dead child in her as it was to have a live child. Point is, being pregnant is a responsibility in and of itself. You can’t expect a warrior to be agile and ready to fight if her stomach is twice the size it is normally.” That was nearing an exaggeration, but it got the point across. Being fat, in any way, mutes the skills you need to be a perfect fighter. ”You can be pregnant and fuck all you want but the moment you spend more time knocked up than in a healthy, lithe state, your job is best suited elsewhere.” She hissed, stamping her foot and then turning to Alune.

”And you- I would have never expected such insolence from a priest who serves the goddess. There is nothing wrong with criticizing, or bringing up problems but there is certainly a problem with treating those who are ruling you with disrespect. You would have not been so kind to her if that was directed at the goddess now, would you?” She paused this time to take a couple steps towards the Seer. ”Respect and criticism are two things and should never go hand in hand. There is a difference between yelling a ranting about choosing a queen, and asking questions to try and figure out why she was chosen and maybe ways it could be fixed if you have problems. It’s all in the words Alune. And sure it is up to Alysanne how to take criticism- you said it yourself. So learn your own words before you reprimand others and become a hypocrite yourself. She can take criticism, but it is unfair for her to be put on a roasting spit when she doesn’t deserve such a thing.” Elsa was practically shaking with rage and anger. Sure she may have been demoted but the fight within her still raged just as strong. She would not stand down just because she could now be seen as lesser. She was sworn to protect her king and her queen, and she was doing just that.

Edgar had returned to his confident stance on her head, supporting his bonded. ”So let this be a lesson to all, I have no problem listening to complaints and worries. But the moment you try and disrespect or hurt anyone physically or emotionally in this herd. I will personally be paying you a visit. No one here deserves to be treated like shit. So if you’re going to dish it out, expect me to be the one returning the package.” She fell silent then, looking up to Tembovu and Alysanne for a reaction. She was quite sure no one here was going to be friends with her now- but it was worth it. So much weight had been lifted off her chest because now she could act like the warrior she was meant to be.

"talk"
image credits

Elsa is also assuming she is Nyx's child from the standings before hand. So its just her assuming she's her daughter.
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big Ideas Have Small Beginnings [Herd Meeting] - by Elsa - 07-22-2016, 02:49 PM