the Rift

Big Ideas Have Small Beginnings [Herd Meeting]

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
tembovu
Navy eyes swing to the spotted man, his trusted friend (and quashed his mild perturbation at the stoic acceptance of his promotion) speaking that Ovidius was apart of an outcast group— the Unbound? He knew of no such things. Though his ignorance was assuaged by the fact that Raeden spoke up and did know of such things. So the Edge was not entirely ignorant of the occurring outside of Helovia. Though he was not left long in his relief, for suddenly Nyx was speaking.

And her words were angry, scorned even. His head, growing heavier with the crown, swung to his General, a woman whose opinion he valued and whose character he esteemed. But her words—they put a chink in what was a previously untarnished relationship between King and General. Wrinkles spread from his lips and eyes as she threw insults at her old Queen and questioned his judgement. His stare, growing colder and more distant by the syllable, bored into her raging eyes.

But he was not along in his thoughts on her outburst, for the Icebound, toes still on the cusp of her vacated throne, reprimanded the General. And, as always, the King was impressed by Elsa’s strength of character (again, a painful shard of ice struck through his heart as he watched her descend from her crown). His ears splay sideways, gaze immediately softening as he looked at her and heard her quiet apology. ”You have nothing to apologize for,” he wanted to say one last time, but his opportunity is stolen as another speaks out.

His newest Glazier speaks to the strengths of healers, while Orithia appears (drenched in blood) to rip apart her General for her outburst. His eyes linger on his lovely dove—she was injured. But wounds were apart of being a warrior, and there were plentiful healers at the meeting to tend to her.

But he was not left long to watch the valiant dove, instead his attention shifted to Mauja once again.The Frozen was berating the General for her pregnancy, alluding to her foal at her side. And the King’s navy eyes sweep to her, narrowing slightly. The Frozen assumed Oizys to be hers (and she was, via adoption). But in actuality?

…He, again, is not left long to linger on such thoughts for Alune speaks a sole voice of reason. A thankful glance was given to his Seer, forever a voice of wisdom for the herd as much as he was an outlet to the gods.

But then, the grey child speaks out. Her words are vicious, tenfold what Nyx’s had been. And his brows raise, surprised by such barbaric insults that spewed from the filly’s lips. But, before he can speak to the child, Elsa again speaks. And, again, the king is proud to have led beside her during her time as Queen. Though, again, she assumed that Oiszys was Nyx’s by blood, and he could not stop his gaze from flickering between the two. And though he agreed with most all the Elsa said, her words to Alune caused yet another crease in the many lines of his muzzle. But, out of respect (and no small amount of guilt), he let the renounced monarch finish her words.

And he let silence fall for a few moments, gaze sweeping those present, seeing some disintriest, some boredom, much discord, and even more anger. And then his deep voice spoke. “I would hope the Edge to be a place open to the opinions of any in the herd. But opinions may be tempered with reason; they may be said without destruction. Ideas and thoughts may be shared without causing pain and misery,” his deep rumble pauses, navy eyes pinning the grey filly of lighting beasts with a quiet, disappointed stare, thick lips pressed slightly together. Thoughts rumble through his skull on a backdrop of disgruntled murmurings this meeting had devoted into. His gaze sweeps over all those present, or at least those who had remained thus far.

And then his eyes sharpen and rest on the filly who had been saved from vultures by their General, and welcomed into the herd and safety despite her unfortunate start to life. And, again, his voice began to rumble, “So opinionated for one so young,” his first observation was simple, yet somehow retained the shadow of disappointment, “And with opinions so set in stone, despite living only alongside a General and not among the Healers. Some time with the Moon Doctors will teach you more of their value and threat,” he paused, his eyes swung to the healers in turn before continuing, “Spending a season as their apprentice will give you such perspective, Oizys,” his gaze pinned on the filly, “Come Orangemoon, I will ask your teachers their opinion of you. And I will ask you what you have learned. Should you decline such lessons, you may leave the glass blade you clutch, and you may leave the Edge, your mother, and sister.”

And then his eyes turned to the pregnant, foul-tempered woman, “Nyx,” he began, and then paused, his mind working, “I value your opinion and would not ask you to agree with my judgement before the herd if you did not truly support my decisions. And while warriors are not required to be diplomatic, some respect and tact towards those who lead you would be wise.” He sighed, looking over the herd.

“If any others should wish to speak their opinions on my judgement or what others have spoken here today, I invite you you to speak now. For, after today, Alysanne will be your rightful Queen and all this will be laid to rest.”
the elephant king

A few people mentioned.

Oizys will be required to shadow a Moon Doctor for the remainder of Tallsun.

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big Ideas Have Small Beginnings [Herd Meeting] - by Tembovu - 07-22-2016, 08:18 PM