the Rift

Big Ideas Have Small Beginnings [Herd Meeting]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

The only doubts that Alysanne truly expected there to be were her own but perhaps that was naive of her. She had lived peacefully in this herd for years but it would seem that wasn’t enough. No, she wasn’t enough. Nyx, one of the warriors and someone Alysanne remembered from before the wraiths took over Helovia, verbally latching onto her throat to drag her down. Mere minutes after the announcement. The words bite into her and her anger swells - the idea that she wouldn’t give her very life for this herd and do everything she could to protect it was an insult she could not stand. From someone who barely even knew her.

There was no time for Aly to defend herself - others shout back, both in defense of her and in defense of Nyx. Her green eyes flash to all those who speak - confused by the anger and soothed by the support.

She doesn’t miss Alune’s words and they annoy her. The objections raised here weren’t about Alysanne specifically - they were about healers in general how they were weak. And they had not been raised politely or calmly. She wouldn’t mind hearing constructive criticism of the choice but they had all been digesting it for a mere five seconds when Nyx had exploded.

These thoughts were surprisingly echoed by Elsa, who changed her mind about retreating and returned - fresh with anger to defend Alysanne. She felt a rush of love for the ice mare, even more resolved to find her after this meeting than she had been moments ago. Merida spoke up as well, a rush of passion and anger from the golden girl that she did not expect.

Unsurprisingly, the words from the king get under her skin as well. Oh how nice of him to be so open to judgement and criticism in front of the herd now! Pleasantly telling Nyx that he would not ask her to agree with his judgement if she did not support it? It wasn’t too long ago that he had told her precisely the opposite. How dare she even think about disagreeing with his judgement in front of the herd! Well, it would seem that it was only Alysanne that he liked to muzzle. Better keep the painted mare from rolling her eyes but furious words thrown around the meeting concerning her were quite alright.

It was just wonderful to feel so supported by her fellow lead so soon into her new career. Her own doubts began to rage in her mind - why would Tembovu even support her as queen? He didn't even like her!

But she bit back her bitterness - a conversation between her and Tembovu was needed, considering the circumstances, but it was not one that she wanted to have with an audience.

The mess rather settled the debate about whether she should go stand with the Elephant King. After politely asking Hemlock to help Tallis remove the dead rabbit from her back, Alysanne dislodged herself from the comforting presence of her friends and moved toward Tembovu, speaking as she took her new place by his side. She didn’t really care what he thought about her being up there, whether it was proper or whether he wanted there or not. As she moved, she tapped into something that she never had before - a new magic. It spread from her in a calming wave, reaching out to those around her.  

Clear Mind.

Hopefully, the effects of the magic give her enough of a chance to speak up on the tails of Tembovu’s words.

It certainly worked on her, the passionate pleas that had been raging in her mind replaced by a calm but resolute tone. “If anyone has an issue with me as your Queen,” The word almost choked in her throat. How was this even happening right now? “I also welcome such doubts to be raised with me privately. Perhaps with more information and time I will be able to alleviate any fears and doubts.” Her green gaze shifted to Nyx, a sad smile on her face. “Whether I was a healer or not, you’d be unwise to think I wouldn’t give my body and soul to this herd to see it safe. I think it’d only be fair to ask for a chance to prove that to you all.”

Alysanne

art by duskbeguile

so there's like a million things going on and I'm sorry if I missed any of it D: but I didn't want this post to be a novel

Aly uses her new rank magic (clear mind: Able to calm the tensions around a situation in any given thread, except in battle) to try to defuse the situation

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big Ideas Have Small Beginnings [Herd Meeting] - by Alysanne - 07-22-2016, 09:20 PM