Big Ideas Have Small Beginnings [Herd Meeting]

Oizys Posts: 134
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 7.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 2 HP: 73.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ker :: Philippine Eagle :: Curse Snow
I WON'T BE LEFT DEFENCELESS, AS GOD IS MY WITNESS
I'D RATHER BE

D A N G E R O U S

Ah, she gets just the reaction she'd hoped for. A cold smirk settles onto her lips at the queen's tirade - it pleases her, to see the fallen monarch make such an idiot of herself in front of the whole herd. All because of the sharpened words of a filly! "Hate to break it to you, Frosty Tits, but I wasn't born in your precious Edge, or even in Helovia. You think somebody like me could be spawned of good Edge stock? You think I got these scars from tripping over a beautiful Edge rock during a safe Edge birth on a sunny Edge day?" She twists her head, exposes the ruined right side; although the scars are no longer bright pink and livid, they are still raised, hideous welts that twist and disfigure the whole side of her face. They show that she's suffered, that she's not a spoilt little brat born with a silver spoon hanging from a jewel-laden mouth.

She looks to Mother, who will no doubt approve of this little addition to her lie - although the gargoyle will freely admit that she occasionally wonders whether her dam's truth is the truth. After all, she remembers little of her birth except pain. Who is to say she wasn't born outside Helovia, her mother killed shortly afterwards, her living body pecked by carrion birds, rescued by a grey-coated stranger? She sometimes wonders how Nyx can possibly be her mother; dutiful, warm-hearted Nyx, owner of a razor tongue but solid morals, when Oizys herself is nothing but living darkness. Perhaps her dam's lie is not a lie. She does not know.

The bitch's eyes roll as Elsa continues, raging like a child against the demands of its mother. Oizys is hardpressed to remember who actually is the child here - at least her own rant had been witty. She soon tunes out the rest of the mare's nonsense ramblings, focusing instead on the cacophony of people who continue to abuse Mother. She looks to her dam, expecting to see praise and thanks for her staunch defence of her...but she sees only shame. Nyx commands her daughter to stop, and the stern tone bids Oizys' ears to bat backwards. All the same, she bites her tongue; her flesh quivers with delight, savouring each and every moment of this conflict. Ker remains shuddering on her back, head beneath her wing, hoping it'll all go away.

Then, their king speaks. The youth glances up to him, and when he addresses her directly, she can't smother the little bubble of pride that wells up inside her chest. Look who got Kingy's attention, she mentally purrs to Ker, who studiously ignores her and resumes her idiotic quivering. When he speaks, her pinned ears dip even further and an apopletic gargle splurges from her mouth. "You what?" He wants her to waste her valuable time learning about flowers and pretty shit, time that could be spent learning to fight? Time that could be spent carrying out Father's missions? Fuck that.

She's about to leave. She has no attachment to the Edge, not like Nyx does - without Enyo here, there's nothing she wants to remain for. The glass blade clutched in Ker's beak is easily replaceable, and Mother certainly won't miss her with another child on the way. She has no reason to stay. She wants to get the hell out of dodge, tell Elephant Balls to shove his discipline up his arse, and start her new life somewhere else, away from these dickheads.

But she doesn't. Father wants her here; he needs her here. Only the thought of Father's wrath makes her reconsider her decision to leave, because she will not fail him. She cannot leave, not until he bids it. Her harpy-scars tingle, not daring to contemplate what he would do to her if she let him down.

Her mother informs Tembovu that Oizys will serve her punishment, and she glares at the ironheart in disgust. All the same, she forces her head to dip in something close to submission, hatred bubbling in her chest for the lot of them. "Fine," she spits, loathing imbued into every syllable. At that moment, Nyx enters labour and dashes off, ordering Oizys to behave herself. The filly almost snorts.

She turns to leave, looking to the mare who'd offered to take her on - Evangeline. "Let me know when you're ready for our first torture session...err, I mean, lesson. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm just going to go and piss myself with excitement." With that, she makes to exit, ears still rammed backwards and tail coiling like an agitated snake behind her.

Still, her annoyance can't curb her delight at the events that have transpired. She can't wait to tell Father.

Addresses Elsa, Tembovu and Evangeline.

[ the gargoyle queen ]
OIZYS IS ALWAYS RATED M FOR STRONG LANGAUGE IN HER POSTS

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big Ideas Have Small Beginnings [Herd Meeting] - by Oizys - 07-28-2016, 11:23 AM