the Rift

Big Ideas Have Small Beginnings [Herd Meeting]

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki
I'M GONNA SHOW HIM WHAT LITTLE GIRLS ARE MADE OF
GUNPOWDER AND LEAD

Iona isn’t completely surprised by Elsa’s announcement, but is surprised by how bold the Icebound is in speaking to the group.  Clearly something had changed for the woman, no longer did she stand proudly next to her king as she had all those months ago. The pegasus, however, wasn’t nosey enough to ask the woman what had changed.  She knew, more than anyone, how quickly circumstances could change. She and her sister were evidence of that.  Her attention then flicks to the Elephant King, she watches the exchange between the monarch and the former monarch quietly.  It’s Tembovu’s next statement that catches her attention immediately. Dark ears prick and green eyes flick over to her twin. 

Finally

Tembovu’s words bring a small, satisfied smile to the specter’s face as she looks over at her shocked sister. (How’s that for alliteration?) 

“He sure did, your highness,” she whispered to Alysanne, with a wink. Iona was more than content to bask in Alysanne’s joy for a few moments.  The moment, however, appeared to be short lived. Another familiar voice - and this one inspired no warmth, instead it poured over her like ice cold water - was enough to flatten her ears against her skull and draw the painted mare up to her full height. Every muscle was tense and she clenched her jaw as she struggled to contain herself. 

Iona, for her part, stayed perfectly still as tempers boiled over. Well. As one temper boiled over. She struggled to suppress the urge to roll her eyes and launch into a tirade about pregnancy hormones and reason but it was very clear that rationality had no place in this discussion.  So she stood like a statue next to her sister - a picture of poorly controled anger in the form of a quivering mass of pegasus.  She drew herself up to her full height and trained her green eyed gaze on Nyx, but said nothing. This wasn’t her battle to fight. And she would only go in for the kill if that’s what her sister - her queen - wanted of her. 

She shifted her weight uncomfortably and pulled her wings tighter against her lean body.  She knew that Alysanne could likely feel the rage rolling off her in waves.  In the midst of the shouting she makes notes of the information regarding the Unbound and the Order, knowing that Ovidius has become a personal thorn in her side and she can only imagine the company the little pest keeps.  Calmed, somewhat (undoubtedly with the aid of Aly’s new magic),  she then turns to speak to her sister, but speaks loud enough for any listening to hear. 

“Too bad they never asked about the time that you fought off a demon. They should know by now that you’d do anything for those you love, be it healing or fighting. Don’t let any of this go to your head, Alysanne. Some people are just bitter and irrational when they don’t get what they think they’re entitled to. You’ve lead me well my whole life, I know you’ll lead all of us well.” She offers a smile to her sister before looking back to the group. 

Before leaving, Iona eyes the glass items on the ground. Considering the situation with the Unbound, Iona picks up a small glass shiv off the ground and tucks it beneath two large feathers beneath her right wing. “Just in case,” she says, knowingly.

I O N A
lineart || Tags:

Mentions Alysanne, Tembovu, Elsa, Nyx, etc. 

Takes a small shiv. Gets ready to peace.

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big Ideas Have Small Beginnings [Herd Meeting] - by Iona - 07-28-2016, 01:12 PM