the Rift

[OPEN] Oh why ME?! [Birthing Thread]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

A rush of sympathy moves through Aly as the pain Merida is in becomes obvious. It was hard to tell if it was just the birth itself (she was so young to be going through this!) or if something else was wrong, but the doctor was already preparing herself for the worst. At the faint, whispered words from the golden girl Aly did her best to offer an encouraging smile when she whispered back. “Your body will know, it’s okay.” It had been almost two years since Alysanne had last given birth and the pain was a hazy memory - but she remembered the fear. How certain she had been that something was wrong. Naerys almost hadn’t woken up. “All you have to do is push when it starts.”

Alysanne didn’t need Miles’ barks to draw her attention to something she had been watching for - something she hoped very much not to see. Merida was not rising, and she needed to. It was just as important for her to stand as it was for the new filly. Quick steps were taken to bring her towards Merida’s tail instead of her face and she saw why. Blood, so much blood.

Hemlock flies over to the newborn, checking her over while Alysanne focused on the mother. “You have a beautiful new daughter, Merida. You need to stay awake just for a little bit longer.” Alysanne spoke softly - the voice she used with foals and with patients, no note of uncertainty or fear entering her tone. She knew this business, it was her job. It was bad, she knew, worse than it should have been but not so bad that she felt that she needed help. Alysanne had long grown accustomed to the magic of her station where it had once frightened her and made her feel unsure. Now she flexed it as easily as she moved her legs or blinked her eyes, guiding it to fix the damage caused by the young filly’s difficult birth.

Hopefully this was not a foreshadowing of the difficult nature of the filly!

A frown of concentration replaced the calm mask as her magic sought out the tears and it was like knitting them back together - seamless. Merida might be a little sore for a couple days but that was to be expected after birth anyway.

In the end, Alysanne felt light-headed but there was no more blood coming and that was the most important thing. There was still enough energy to fix up anything that might need it when Merida moved but she felt the job had been done. She reached down with her muzzle to nudge Merida’s golden hip lightly, begging her attention now - to look behind her, to find the pretty little girl. “Come say hello to her.”

alysanne
image from flickr

sorry it took a couple days <33 @Merida
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Oh why ME?! [Birthing Thread] - by Merida - 06-30-2016, 11:56 PM
RE: Oh why ME?! [Birthing Thread] - by Alysanne - 07-02-2016, 05:39 PM
RE: Oh why ME?! [Birthing Thread] - by Merida - 07-03-2016, 12:31 AM
RE: Oh why ME?! [Birthing Thread] - by Sansa - 07-05-2016, 12:24 AM
RE: Oh why ME?! [Birthing Thread] - by Alysanne - 07-07-2016, 04:44 PM
RE: Oh why ME?! [Birthing Thread] - by Merida - 07-20-2016, 06:01 PM
RE: Oh why ME?! [Birthing Thread] - by Alysanne - 07-25-2016, 06:36 PM