the Rift

Hello Darkness My Old Friend

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

Happiness floods her as they embrace, and a sedate whinny of joy echoes through the still forest air. He's back. He's old - that much is obvious, she's not sure if they're grey hairs she sees flecking his deep black fur or whether it's her imagination - but he's alive, and the heart of steel that beats slowly inside her chest begins to thaw just a fraction at the sight of him. He's back, and dammit, this time he's not getting out of her sight.

Dominus - panting, sweaty and infuriated - lopes closer, his thick mane bounding around his neck and his mouth open to display deadly fangs as his tongue lolls between them. Nyx glances to him, and suddenly her sire's voice lights up the clearing - he aims his horn towards the lion, and the mare eyes widen in alarm. "Father, no!" She throws herself forwards, blocking her companion from view, and her father's horn sinks deeply into her own shoulder. Her ears pin and she releases a gargled groan (injuries hurt so much more outside battle, when she doesn't have the adrenaline pumping in order to numb them) and as she peels herself away from the agonising spear upon her father's brow, she finds herself subconsciously pleased at the fact that he can still pack a considerable punch even at his age. "It's fine, he's fine - he's mine, Father, he's my companion. He won't hurt us."

But the white lion has other ideas. He only sees a man trying to attack him and his precious bonded, so does what he does best - defends her. He roars, a booming and chest-deep sound that seems beyond a creature of his size, and lunges forwards with claws slipping free from their sheaths in his paws. "Dominus, don't you dare!" Now it's him she steps in front of, her shoulder still bleeding freely and staining her grey coat crimson. She remembers that she needs not speak aloud to him, and channels her words through their bond instead; Dominus, this is my father - remember, the one I told you about? He's here, he's back.

The lion stops in his tracks and withdraws his claws, but still growls darkly. "Why your sire attack me, and you? Lion not attack his cub." The silver soldier focuses on him, still casting the occasional wary glance between him and Nato. He thought you were going to attack us. He was trying to protect me. At this, Dominus considers, but still glares at Nato with a dangerous snarl continuing to rumble like approaching thunder in his throat. Nyx looks back to her sire, her chest heaving, her shoulder throbbing. "Father, meet Dominus. Dominus, my Father, Nato." Not the introduction she'd dreamt of between the two most important men in her life.

@Nato

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nato - 07-01-2016, 06:47 PM
RE: Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nyx - 07-02-2016, 11:21 AM
RE: Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nato - 07-02-2016, 06:10 PM
RE: Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nyx - 07-03-2016, 08:47 AM
RE: Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nato - 07-04-2016, 12:47 AM
RE: Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nyx - 07-04-2016, 04:42 PM
RE: Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nato - 07-05-2016, 11:40 AM