the Rift

Hello Darkness My Old Friend

Nato Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: 13 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

Veins pulse with adrenaline as the ghostly creature approached, muscles tighten with anticipation- Willing and prepared to take another life should it threaten him and his daughter. It was coming, yards, feet, inches..

Father, no!

Twisted spear recoiled instantly, heaving upwards and away as it made contact with his daughters skin. Her voice, painful and worried; What..? Wide-eyed and confused, he stepped back- pools twinkle with terror as they rested upon her bleeding shoulder. Deep breaths rumbled in his chest, as apologies linger on the tip of his lips. So much was happening, he was focusing on his daughter and the creature over her flank. Companion?

Obsidian limbs locked in place, leaning backwards as his crown elevated to eye the white beast over her bodice. A booming roar of a carnivore echos through the pine, and for that moment anger flooded his mind and heart. What have I done. Lobes pinned against his matted obsidian locks as she screamed, disaplining the creature. He couldn't help but stare at the feline as it glared at him; the haunting growls causing a deep snort to erupt from flared nostrils in distaste at the end of their introduction.

Dominus she called it. Crimson pools narrowed as he glared, observing the beast. As if to say, look what you have done. He could have seriously injured Nyx, and it was that thought that pulled his attention back to her shoulder. A sudden gentleness falling over his once angry, yet confused face.  "I-I'm sorry.. your shoulder." He frowned, hating himself for ever harming one of his own. Ignoring her companion for the time being, he instead waded out of the water and over to a large leafy shrub. Ivory teeth firmly snatching a hold of the foliage base, plucking a large soft leaf.

For a brief moment, he wondered how stupid he looked, walking around with an over grown leaf in his mouth. But this wasn't about him, it was about what he did to his own daughter- even if it was a mistake. He sighed, dipping the leaf into the water, softening it before walking to Nyx's side. "ths- migh-hurh" He mumbled through his grip on the dripping foliage between his teeth before gently pressing it against her wound, hoping that the moisture would cling to her skin and at least soothe the pain.

"Dominus." He acknowledged, glancing at the lion for but a moment. Before tending to his daughter again. "You must really care about him. I could have seriously injurged you."  He scolded her lightheartedly, a gentle nudge pressing up against her mane. She smelled of home- of him. They really needed to stop meeting this way. But he had no intention of going anywhere, not again. It felt good to be home. But he also wondered if Nyx was still part of the Worlds Edge as they all had been before. He couldn't quite remember the scent, she smelled of something but it wasn't of residence. A hoof shuffled as he stood back slightly, lobes of ink flicking forth. "I'm very much alive, by the way." He chuckled deeply with a grin trying his best to change the mood, remembering her prior question before the drama unfolded with her companion. He may be old, but he isn't quite skeletal waste yet. "Still living in the Edge? Or have you conquered somewhere else?" Bold words, thinking his daughter had the capability and privileges to run a herd.

Of course she did. Nyx, was the daughter of the Ninja. 

@Nyx

Messages In This Thread
Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nato - 07-01-2016, 06:47 PM
RE: Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nyx - 07-02-2016, 11:21 AM
RE: Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nato - 07-02-2016, 06:10 PM
RE: Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nyx - 07-03-2016, 08:47 AM
RE: Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nato - 07-04-2016, 12:47 AM
RE: Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nyx - 07-04-2016, 04:42 PM
RE: Hello Darkness My Old Friend - by Nato - 07-05-2016, 11:40 AM