the Rift

Songs of Morning

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
this old world has brought me pain
               but there's hope for me again
As Rexanna spoke, the polecat perched upon her shoulders grinned at Gry and I, seemingly as pleased as his bonded to have met friendly new folk. I tilt my head to the side, considering him; I have not seen many companions in this land, and each one is a treasure to behold. They are all so very different - I wonder what it is like to share one's soul with another creature, to have something to always rely on by your side. It is, I think, something that I would appreciate more than most.

Of the north, I listened closely, my curiosity piqued in spite of the nerves that come to me as I think of traveling that far from my home. I have heard little and less of the unicorns of the Basin, nor had I ever been present for the dark rumors that plagued them. Even if I had been, it may not have reached my ears until it was too late - I am, after all, horned. As it were, I allowed Rexanna's description to wash over me, enjoying the imagined beauty of her home. She grants us short descriptions of the other herds as well, something that I am particularly appreciative of given my limited knowledge of Helovia.

Having never been to the Threshold before, recruitment is far from my mind; and so when Gry decides to accompany Rexanna to the north, I meet the decision with a polite nod and a smile. For me, it is enough to have simply made pleasant contact with those outside my own herd - to perhaps even sow the seeds for those I might one day call friends. "I, too, would love to see these aurora, Rexanna," I admit, ducking my head shyly. "Perhaps I will visit you in the north." Someday, perhaps - once I have grown bolder, more confident in the lands surrounding my own. When I do not have to return to the Falls on my own.

"I wish you the best, Gry. I hope the Aurora Basin is exactly what you are looking for." I dip my head politely to the two of them. "It was lovely meeting you both. I'll be on my way; I'm sure your journey north would be best undertaken in daylight." And with one last smile, I am on my way, traveling back toward the Hidden Falls, where I belong.

"Persephone speaks."
Persephone
Image by Xyroca

@Gry
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Songs of Morning - by Gry - 07-02-2016, 04:55 PM
RE: Songs of Morning - by Persephone - 07-02-2016, 05:12 PM
RE: Songs of Morning - by Rexanna - 07-02-2016, 06:53 PM
RE: Songs of Morning - by Gry - 07-03-2016, 01:19 PM
RE: Songs of Morning - by Persephone - 07-03-2016, 02:11 PM
RE: Songs of Morning - by Rexanna - 07-03-2016, 02:36 PM
RE: Songs of Morning - by Gry - 07-03-2016, 03:42 PM
RE: Songs of Morning - by Persephone - 07-04-2016, 01:08 PM
RE: Songs of Morning - by Rexanna - 07-04-2016, 01:29 PM
RE: Songs of Morning - by Gry - 07-08-2016, 05:24 PM