the Rift

[PRIVATE] I don't wanna be your hero

Själ Posts: 112
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 hh :: 4 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ansgar :: Plain Griffin :: Draining Clutch ChaoticMelodies
Själ
She didn't really have a destination in mind when she set out from the Aurora Basin, but as she wandered, she found herself thinking of Zèklè. How long had it been since she had seen him, heard his voice, felt the simple glee that came from just being around him? She had changed since then - that was an easier time, less tumultuous. She had almost felt content to settle - to follow him to the Dragon's Throat, to forget about her lineage and the burden it brought. Since then, she had reconnected with the north and those who inhabited it, reconnected with the history that tied her irrevocably to this land.

She had reconnected with the memory of her mother.

She had met others, made more friends, joined an Order that would help her learn new skills, hone them until she was an unstoppable force. In the back of her mind lingered the doubt that she would ever be able to protect herself or those she loved, and it was that which drove her so desperately towards anything that would give her strength. She had grown more detached, separated herself from the rest of the world. She had become more like the self she had been when she had first met the lightning boy, and she couldn't say that she regretted the change. After all, hadn't he abandoned her just like everyone else?

Still, when she saw him, she couldn't keep her eyes from lighting up and a stupid grin from plastering itself across her face. She couldn't stop herself from squealing an excited greeting and running towards him, dashing through the desolate waste that was the Frostbreathe Steppe in an effort to reach him, to make sure he was real, to make sure he wasn't going to disappear again -

"Zèklè!" The name, when it leapt to her lips, was a hoarse shout - and she slid to a halt beside him, prancing excitedly in place, waiting for that familiar grin to appear - but then she realized how awful he looked, and concern got the best of her. What had happened to him? When she had last seen him, he had been happy, had invited her to the Dragon's Throat to live with him and his family. Now he was gaunt, encased in metal and seemingly wasting away. "Zero," she whimpered softly, pain in her eyes. "What happened to you?"

"Speak."
--Ansgar.--
Själ

Pixel by Reli <3

Please tag Själ in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Själ?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
I don't wanna be your hero - by Zèklè - 07-02-2016, 09:26 PM
RE: I don't wanna be your hero - by Själ - 07-02-2016, 09:45 PM
RE: I don't wanna be your hero - by Zèklè - 07-02-2016, 10:16 PM
RE: I don't wanna be your hero - by Själ - 07-02-2016, 10:34 PM
RE: I don't wanna be your hero - by Zèklè - 07-02-2016, 11:06 PM
RE: I don't wanna be your hero - by Själ - 07-02-2016, 11:22 PM
RE: I don't wanna be your hero - by Zèklè - 07-03-2016, 12:03 AM
RE: I don't wanna be your hero - by Själ - 07-03-2016, 12:50 AM