the Rift

[PRIVATE] I don't wanna be your hero

Själ Posts: 112
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 hh :: 4 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ansgar :: Plain Griffin :: Draining Clutch ChaoticMelodies
Själ
Of all the things she might have expected (that he missed his ma, that he was worried she'd never come back, that it was hard to be alone, that he wanted to go home), she never expected him to apologize. She stared at him with something akin to surprise. Was he an idiot after all? Couldn't he see that she cared about him? For a moment, she was dumbfounded. How could she come across a friend in need - her oldest, dearest friend, no less - and not offer to help in any way she could?

When the bewilderment passed, a shocked laugh escaped her. She couldn't help it - it just slipped out, and before she could stop herself, she was stomping one of her front hooves on the ground and reaching to nudge the colt on the shoulder (she forgot that, at the moment, it was mostly metal, and he probably wouldn't really feel it anyway). You moron, she started to say wryly, then changed her mind. In the mental state Zero was in, it probably wouldn't do her any good to tease him.

"Zero," she sighed, stressing his name and staring at him pointedly. "How could you even say that? You're my best friend. Of course I want to help, or listen, or, or, I don't know, kick some sense into you, if it'll help!" Suddenly, all the grown up nonsense that she had grown so accustomed to - the mischievous antics, the careful masks, the cunning plots - it all fell away, leaving only her, laid bare, before the colt.

"I point I was trying to make is that I know how it feels to lose the one person you... always thought would be there," she continued, her voice losing some of its cheer. "I never thought my mother would disappear, and you know what? For months I looked for answers, everyone else be damned. You think I would blame you for doing the same thing? Zero, I was you, remember?"

"I'm sorry, Själ," he said to her, and she shook her head vigorously back and forth. "Don't -" But then something that he said caught her attention: "Why do we always hurt the people we love?" Why do we hurt the people we... love. "I never wanted to hurt you, Själ." Love. Me? For a moment, she couldn't find her voice, didn't know what to say.

"You didn't hurt me, Zero," she assured him, tilting her head to the side. "I was worried about you. I thought... I thought maybe something had happened to you, that I would never see you again..." Her voice grew smaller, hesitant. "I mean, I know you're my badass -" she tried to smile, "- and you can take care of yourself, but I... I don't want to lose anyone else I love."

"Speak."
--Ansgar.--
Själ

Pixel by Reli <3

Please tag Själ in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Själ?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
I don't wanna be your hero - by Zèklè - 07-02-2016, 09:26 PM
RE: I don't wanna be your hero - by Själ - 07-02-2016, 09:45 PM
RE: I don't wanna be your hero - by Zèklè - 07-02-2016, 10:16 PM
RE: I don't wanna be your hero - by Själ - 07-02-2016, 10:34 PM
RE: I don't wanna be your hero - by Zèklè - 07-02-2016, 11:06 PM
RE: I don't wanna be your hero - by Själ - 07-02-2016, 11:22 PM
RE: I don't wanna be your hero - by Zèklè - 07-03-2016, 12:03 AM
RE: I don't wanna be your hero - by Själ - 07-03-2016, 12:50 AM