the Rift

Conversation (Baldur)

Wanyecha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Wanyecha
"if ten million fireflies lit up the world as I fell asleep"

Carefree, young, lusty for life, Wanyecha ran across the plains, her neck outstretched and her mane and tail flying behind her. Giggles assaulted the air as she ran, pleased with herself to no end. Finally she drew to a halt, panting as she pulled up, her heart racing. Exhilaration from her run, coupled with her natural exuberance made the young filly nearly giddy with excitement.

And so it was only natural that she search for someone to talk to.

"Mr. Bird," she said formally as she noted a large grayish colored bird pecking at the grass. At the sound of her soft voice, the bird looked up, piercing her with his beady eyes and cocked his head as if confused, "Don't be frightened, Mr. Bird. I just want to talk to you." She crept closer, trying to slow her rapid breathing from her run so she didn't scare off the flighty animal.

Uncertain, the bird took to the air, and Wanyecha stomped her foot in disgust.

"Coward!" She shouted at the sky. Stupid creature.

She sighed. Perhaps she would encounter another horse. She was bored, and she just wanted someone to talk to...

Baldur Posts: N/A
Unregistered
ONLY A WARRIOR knows
the true meaning of war

"Coward!"
The simple word made the stallion raise his head from the ground, interrupting his grazing. Who had uttered such a word?
He had been searching for grass under all the snow in the Treshold, and as he finally found something to eat - a voice interrupted him.
"I guess that I have to find out who said that...", the stallion murmured and started walking towards where he had heard it from.
As he trotted between the naked trees, he found something ahead of him. A horned filly.

'What's this?', he thought. He had only met one unicorn before in this land, also a filly. The big Fjord suddenly wondered when he would meet Aylin again.
'Someday.. She was a nice little girl.'

But now he had to focus on this little gal. At least this unicorn had a voice like a girl. She was like a negative version of Aylin: Her body almost melted into the snow and her cream-colored mane and tail reminded him of his own hair. But the golden strings differed the two.
The horn in the filly's forehead was pale gold and white, and all together - she was quite a sight.
Baldur shook his head and came closer to the little unicorn.

"Hello, little filly." Once he had came close enough, it was clear that she was a filly instead of a colt.
The stallion tilted his head and then observed the surroundings. She seemed to be alone.
Where was her parents?
"Where is your family?", he asked. He lowered his head to look her into her eyes.
His dark minty eyes met one light gold and one clouded, which probably meant that she was blind on that eye.

Half blind and so young, never a good combination. His older sister had a small problem with one of her eyes, but it hadn't became useless because of that.
Who would leave this filly alone on her own?

Word count: 320-ish
OOC: Sorry for keeping you waiting ^^'

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Unregistered

Wanyecha

Her shout drew attention, of course, and with glee, she noted a stallion making his way toward her. She had never seen a horse like him, for he was much larger and differently shaped than any horse she had seen. His neck seemed thicker, but she didn't let that distract her. Since coming to Helovia, she had encountered more types of horses than she had thought even existed. Cera, for example, who had wings. Compared to that, this stallion was normal.

"Hello!" she thrilled, her high voice piercing the air again, "My parents? Dead, I think. I don't recall. My first mom is gone...my second mom left me. She didn't like my horn." The young mare is unaffected by death, too young to truly understand it's implications. She is hardly troubled by her parents who are gone nor is she terribly troubled by the fact that her second mother, her foster mother had left her. She was used to being on her own, but it was still scary.

"What is your name, big stallion?" she asked, giggling at her own cleverness. He had called her little filly, and she, in return, called him big stallion. As he met her eyes she got a better look at at least half of his face. The blurred vision in her other eye provided only a hazy image of his other eye.

Unregistered
ONLY A WARRIOR knows
the true meaning of war

The information that the filly gave him made him irritated and sad. Who would leave a foal because of it's appearance? And poor girl, no parents... Baldur snorted and nudged the filly on her shoulder.
He felt bad for the little one.
"I'm sorry to hear about your parents. And the mare that left you because of that." His eyes glanced at her small horn, which was still growing.
It would be glorious one day, once she had grown up.

Her giggling tone when she asked for his name made him smile and he laughed a little. Then he met her eyes again.
"My name is Baldur, young one. What's your name?" He still had quite some troubles pronouncing his name without a break in his native language.

The stallion drove closer to the filly, and laid his head over her back. If no one was going to protect this foal from the world - that he doubted she already discovered -, he was going to do it.
In the White Forest, no one had left their foal behind. But, there wasn't any winged or horned ones - so they hadn't have that problem.
Baldur didn't see any difference between them, except for her horn. They were all still made of flesh and blood, right?

Word count: 215-ish x3
OOC: No muse >.> I did as good as I could c:

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Unregistered

Wanyecha

The filly was quiet for a moment, wondering why the stallion was sorry. "Don't worry! I'm certain that it isn't your fault." She smiled brightly again. Her second mother, well that had been harder, but her first parents she hardly remembered at all. It was okay that they were gone. She moved closer to the big stallion, for she was cold, snuggling right up against his side without worrying about the stallion not being okay with it. She even went so far as to stick her cold muzzle right against his shoulder.

"My name is Wanyecha, Baldur," she responded happily, before returning her muzzle to the warm fur of his shoulder. The stallion towered above her, would probably tower above her even when she was full grown. With her nose suitably warm, she removed her muzzle from his side and looked up at him.

"Where do you live?" She liked this big, warm stallion. He seemed to not mind her little girl antics and he was much kinder than her second mom had ever been. Besides, he didn't treat her horn like it was odd at all. Perhaps he had friends that were horned like her!

Unregistered
ONLY A WARRIOR knows
the true meaning of war

The big stallion smirked. Surely it wasn't it fault, but he still felt sorry for her. So little and without any protection. He wondered for how long she had been alone.
He shrugged a bit when he felt her cold muzzle against his shoulder, but since the weather was colder than ever this day - it was okay. He didn't have anything against this little creature of snow and gold.
Baldur closed his eyes, concentrating on warming the filly. She was rather cold, and he concluded that she must've been out here for a while.

"My name is Wanyecha, Baldur."
The Fjord opened her eyes and looked down on the filly, without moving. A smile was spread over his dark lips. Wanyecha... That was a very exotic name. Where did she come from?
"You have a very beautiful name, Wanyecha," he said and smiled even more.
Her body became warmer and he felt her removing her muzzle from his dun body. Wanyecha's high-pitched voice came to the surface again, and he listened carefully.
"Where do you live?"

Suddenly, his smile became insecure. He didn't know. But, he was going to the Foothills - so it must be there he lives. Or, will live.
"I'm going to the Foothills, dear Wanyecha. But I don't officially have a home yet," the stallion said and laid his head over her back again.
"I met one of your kind a little while ago, named Aylin. She was probably your age." It was just a guess, but he didn't know for sure. Aylin had been very tall for her age.
"Can I ask you a question, Wannie? And is it okay if I call you that?"

Word count: 281
OOC: -

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Unregistered

Wanyecha

"Thank you, I think it means some sort of bug...I don't remember though." The filly frowned for a moment, her brow crinkling in trying to recall a memory from her youth that was easy to forget. The memory was slippery though and disappeared before she could grasp it. With the easy distraction of youth, however, she forgot all about wondering about her name and returned her attention to the large stallion beside her.

"That's where I live!" The young filly's tone was thoroughly saturated with excitement when she realize that her big stallion friend would be coming to live with her soon, "You'll love it there! I do. It's so fun...except I haven't met many friends there yet. Just Evers, but that's all right, because he's the unicorn leader. I don't know him very well yet though." Her babbling continued on after that, but it was mostly unimportant and after a few moments she fell silent again. He spoke of another one like her that he had met and she listened with interest. She had not met another unicorn foal yet, just a pegasus one. Perhaps that would happen next.

"Of course, Baldie!" The shortening of her name was returned with the shortening of his. She didn't mind that he had given her a nickname. In fact, she rather liked it.

Unregistered

B A L D U R
only a warrior knows the true meaning of war

A smile spread across the stallion's lips as he watched the filly frown. Foals had been a part of his life since he was one himself, after all; He had lived in a rather big herd.
There had been foals all the time, and he had played the babysitter from time to time when he didn't train.
His father had forced him into training for war, paranoid as he was. He had always claimed that war could be around the corner. Baldur almost snorted at the thought, but resisted.
The little filly didn't have to know about his warrior-past yet.

"That's where I live!" Her voice was full of excitement, which made him smile even wider. Wannie started to chat about about the Foothills and the herd... Which made the big stallion long even more after a home.
He raised his head a bit and looked into her eyes. They were still full of such innocence.
How could a mother ever leave a filly like this, just because of a horn as a feature? He would probably never know.
The nickname she gave her made him laugh. Baldie... Well, that would even "Wannie" out.

Baldur lowered his head to be on her level.
"How about this, Wannie... You can show me the way to the Foothills. I assume that a big filly like you knows the way." He blinked at her and smiled warmly. He would enjoy this little spirit's company.
He did already.

Word count: 244
OOC: Changed table c:

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
'Think, think, think.'

Credits

Unregistered

Wanyecha

Baldie wanted to go to the Foothills? To her home, where she lived? The little mare gave a little squeal of excitement. He wanted to come with her. She would not have to leave him behind when she went home! Similar to a child who has found a puppy, Wanyecha had been hoping that Baldie would let her keep him. That he would stick around.

"Let's go!" she giggled, "I can remember the way. I found my way all alone last time. And the herd always likes new people. Everyone is welcome. Even if they have horns, like me!" She settled down for a bit, giving Baldur a little nudge with her muzzle on his nose, "Can we go now? I'm cold." Though she was freezing, that was not her sole intent for asking. She wanted to get Baldur to the Foothills immediately.

Before he changed his mind.

Unregistered

B A L D U R
only a warrior knows the true meaning of war

Joy filled the Fjord as he saw how excited and happy the little filly became when he asked her to lead the way. It made his heart feel like it grew bigger and warmer.
He had to protect Wannie. He couldn't leave her all alone, even if she had a herd around her.
The filly's eyes were big and shiny just like a puppy's eyes, which made him feel even warmer. The stallion walked closer to her and smiled. He wouldn't leave her for anything now.

"Let's go!"
Baldur laughed and nodded slightly. She seemed so restless and full of happiness that it was hard to imagine that she had gone through so sad things. He would feel down if his parents died, or if he got pushed away because of his appearance.
"If you walk close to me, you'll be warm," he spoke, with a voice calm and warm. He had calmed down a bit by now, and had to concentrate on her health.
Wanyecha nudged his muzzle, and without her knowing, she informed him about how cold it was in the woods.
"Can we go now? I'm cold."

Baldur smiled again, and walked to stand beside the little filly. He pressed his furry, light body against the small being to keep her warm during the journey, which he didn't know the distance of.
"Yes, darling. Let's go."

Word count: 229
OOC: How about creating a thread in the Foothills that they're there and meeting the rest of the herd maybe? I call this thread over now xD so cuuute they are!

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
'Think, think, think.'

Credits

Unregistered
[OCC: I'm going to start a thread in the Foothills and PM you the link :)]