the Rift

[OPEN] Sound of Sunshine

Ovidius Posts: 36
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 13.3hh :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
OVIDIUS

Her laughter would have been contagious if anyone else had been around to witness it.

She danced beneath the cloud spotted sky, sun glinting off of her spikes and the markings of gold that were pressed against her legs and face. It crossed her mind to worry about the eyes of others, how the shining light that she reflected could nearly blind someone, but she had brushed away the care; she couldn't help it, so she would live without whatever worries were tacked onto her anatomy.

Ovidius had never been so high up, so close to the sun or the sky or the clouds. It was as if she was flying and, she knew, if she were to swallow her tentative fear and approach the edge of the field, she would find all of Helovia laid out before her hooves. The knowledge that the edge could crumble or that a gust of wind could blow her from the precipice kept her back, though. Her belly flopped and fumbled each time she had gotten too close to the few lookout points that had been cleared of stone and tree.

So she stuck to the center, twirling and prancing and eating what seemed like her weight in sweetgrasses and flowers. A profound peace had found her here, beneath the great azure face of the sky. Of course, it was nothing in comparison to the absolute wholeness that she felt when standing before the ocean, but it was a start. Breathing in the scent of Birdsong blossoms and fertile earth, the lithe damsel let loose a joyous cry laced with childlike wonder at the heaven she had stumbled upon.

You won't find freedom like this tied down to a herd.

OPEN TO ANYONE AND ALSO @Imani -- You're welcome to come teach the baby some stories and whatnot<3
Just to prove I'm not a runner,
I'll be coming with my guns up,
Shooting at the moon to bring the sun up.

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Wings of gold carried the young stallion through the air like a bird soaring high on the currents and just plain enjoying himself. There was nothing like flying it was a freedom that gave him so much yet took away some in other areas of his life. He wished that he could share his love of flying with his mother but being that she had no wings of her own this was impossible. In a way he felt guilty for enjoying this pleasure so much but he knew that his mother still loved him no matter if he had wings or not making it all so worth it. Tossing his head high the long tendrils of his mane blew wildly in the wind tangling itself before blowing in a different direction all together.

Breathing in deeply the boy sighed with content before deciding to come down from the clouds for awhile and rest his wings before having to return home later that day. He was still new to this whole flight thing but he was getting the hang of it now that he had finally gotten off the ground. It was just a lot of practice and learning to adapt to the changing conditions of the winds. Gliding through the thick clouds Helovia finally came into his sights only for some shimmering object to catch his eye. Blinking at the sudden brightness the stallion veered off a little ways before banking back around to have another look at what it was. As he got closer he found a mare who seemed to be covered in all sorts of shiny things playing around and what looked to be dancing at times. Curiosity soon got the better of him and he drew his wings back and forward as his descent began from the heavens.

Landing smoothly in the knee deep grasses the colt carefully folded his wings back alongside his body before turning towards the mare. "Hello, who are you?" He asked curiously pricking his ears forward as he approached cautiously. "My name is Aeolus."

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @Ovidius •• NOTES: ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Ovidius Posts: 36
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 13.3hh :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
OVIDIUS

If it were possible, her grin would have gotten bigger, but as it were, the smile splitting the child's onyx face was already large enough to swallow the world.

She watched as the Pegasus descended on wings of burnished gold and darkest black - wings that would fit her quite well if she had been born with them. She may have been suspicious of the winged stranger, once upon a time she may have dropped her grin and her ears and demanded what the stallion thought he was doing. Yet, once upon a time was not today, once upon a time didn't exist for the tiny mare with the golden tattoos scrolling over her skin and sprouting from her spine.

"Hello, Aeolus," her voice was light and cheerful, no trace of the anger she had felt days before, no echo of the cruelty she had withstood, "You can call me Ovi. Where are you from?" Curiosity could very well kill this particular cat one day, drawing her down into some murky depth with her smiling all the way, marveling at the new sights and experiences that death held in it's eternally chilly claws. That day was not today, though, just as once upon a time wasn't within her reach, neither was death. The thought calmed her, soothed her aching heart and pressed reassuring hands to her laden shoulders.

The sun shined happily from above, burning away clouds and all manner of negative things. Of course, at the behest of Tallsun, the heat was scorching, but the desert blood of the child sang with the warmth; so long had it been cold and so long had she spent her days shivering beneath onslaughts of rain. No longer! thought the tiny lass to herself, eyes glimmering, Tallsun is upon us and we are here to prosper!

"Are you here to dance before the gods, too?"

@Aeolus hi!
Just to prove I'm not a runner,
I'll be coming with my guns up,
Shooting at the moon to bring the sun up.