the Rift

design Aly's tramp stamp

Sarah Posts: 7
Junior Administrator
Mare :: Equine :: 5'6'' :: 26
Sarah
well not really BUT KIND OF?

I've been playing with the idea of giving Alysanne some markings lately, kinda 'update' her design a little bit, but I'm coming up short on the idea department. So I thought I'd see if someone else would be able to think of something!

Her reference is below and her profile is here: @Alysanne  

(feel free to doodle right on the ref if you'd like!)

Ideas
- because Aly's pretty monochromatic I'll probably stick with that theme so white, black, or maybe even silver markings would be best!
- I especially like the idea of white markings on her black patches/black on her white (and silver wherever because it'll look pretty on both)
- probably looking for something simple/elegant but really I have no idea that's why I'm doing this

About her:
- she's a long-term Moon Doctor/member of the Edge
- loves plants and sad, dangerous men (though that last one might not be helpful for this unless it IS a tramp stamp)

I've got 5 small marking passes I can use so we can go with any size :D

Prize is going to be a full manipulation by me of a character of your choice! There may be multiple winners (depending on the sizes and what have you) and you can enter as many times as you'd like if you've got some ideas!

For anyone who doesn't know, you can check out examples of my work here: http://littlewillow-art.deviantart.com/

tentatively setting July 24th as an end date!

Junior Administrator
Sarah
-casual bump-

Odd the doer of things Posts: 115
Administrator atk: 23 | def: 42 | dam: 108
Mare :: Other :: 5"2 :: 27 HP: 108 | Buff: badass
Odd
omg yes

Junior Administrator
Sarah
ONE MORE WEEK
please enter and show me love D:

Brit Posts: 11
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 15hh :: 19
Brit
OKAY SO I'm not that great at markings myself but I love Aly and symbolism so...

Ver. 1.1 and Ver 1.2

Lewisia cotyledon :: I found these flowers in California when I was on vacation and they are the most beautiful flowers EVER. And on top of that they are superbly drought resistant, and can tolerate almost any weather. I thought it was very symbolic of Aly, who can go through anything and is also very pretty. I mean seriously look at this beautiful flower! The ref isn't very high res so I did my best but I think it'd be pretty on her both in color and in silver. I did three flowers to symbolize herself and her children (according to her profile at least, not sure if she's had more?)

Idea Two

Laurel-esque :: Okay so thank god for clipart being open source. Anyways I think green would look great on Aly because of her eyes and her nature/mono scheme. It reminds me of a laurel ring almost, but I think it's really symbolic of growth and healing and symmetry. I suck at drawing BUT it would be green and edged in silver, if drawn better. 

SO I'LL KEEP DOING THESE BUT HERE'S TWO TO LOOK AT before someone enters something amazeballs. I'm really into reading too deep into things and symbolism so markings are my favorite.

(Also these would be really cool if you combined one or two of them)