the Rift

[PRIVATE] Our Storm

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The egg hides a bird that is weaker than a wild Zephyr should be. A good mother knows this just by feeling the tremors within, that this bird would be unable to survive in the winds of Helovia alone – but with Kaj? It would survive, like the others my kin have left at the hooves of deserving equines; with any luck, it would thrive.

You look at me with surprise and awe etched in all of your flesh, especially when my gift rolls across the wind tousled grasses. I return the gaze with all the ferocity of my people, small eyes bright blue arrows that already know you’ll accept, the wind trailing fingers through my stormy feathers.

Yes, you say, an emotional sound that touches even me. The sound of the shell against your feathers is natural, right. Your words… They are even more so.

Good, I say, limited to so few words in this tongue, too few to tell you of my gratitude, or of my hope that the winds are always sweet and tangled, that they carry you both to the tallest peaks, the eldest trees. I wish to tell you that I will be watching, from the distance, as I always have – and find the words fail me again. My name – the wind twisted about the brightest of bolts - does not translate either. All the more severe in appearance for the language boundary between us, the time between my words long as I ponder how to not be misunderstood, I manage what I can for you. Aekhra is after close. Not gone.

I bob my head, once, affirming my pride in having managed that much. I believe in you, though; you’re smart, and above all, kind. You would do the same for your hatchling, if you were me. You would wait to know how such a short story ends. The wind beckons me, tousling my almost black, broiling grey feathers about wildly; first, though, I have to make sure you need nothing more of me.

Kaj ask…hmm? Or Aekhra go up?

[ Aekhra will remain for a little while to answer questions if Kaj has any! To be completely clear the companion is a common Wakiya for records! We've verified behind the scenes but would like it to say as much here as well. ]

darknightoftroy

@Kaj

Messages In This Thread
Our Storm - by Random Event - 07-06-2016, 12:06 PM
RE: Our Storm - by Kaj - 07-12-2016, 02:26 AM
RE: Our Storm - by Random Event - 07-25-2016, 10:38 AM
RE: Our Storm - by Kaj - 07-30-2016, 11:26 PM
RE: Our Storm - by Random Event - 08-08-2016, 10:49 AM