Leif Posts: 15
Outcast
Stallion :: Other :: 15 Hands :: 4 Years
Sparrow
L
E
I
F
Despite their somewhat unorthodox meeting, Elspeth proved to be amiable company. She was neither demanding, domineering, nor meek, and that was just the type of camaraderie Leif felt that he currently needed in his life. Leaving the Threshold of Helovia was a strange affair, especially when it came to leaving behind Thranduil and Banjo and the gold stag's cryptic message, and from there they headed north.

The Reaper? Was he some legend? Some feared creature who lived in the northern mountain range? Should he be worried? Elspeth had promised that the Aurora Basin was a safe place, that he would be welcome... Surely she had not lied? The freckled doe did not seem the type to lie so brazenly, and so the ivory elk hoped that he hadn't made a mistake by following her to her homeland.

The white stag remained at Elspeth's side during their venture northwards, blue-green eyes roaming across every landscape they happened across and doing his best to commit it all to memory. There was so much... New sights, scents, everything. Nothing that he was used to during his solitary travels. It just went to prove that this Helovia was just as different and strange a land as he had ever happened across.

The female's vocals lit up across the silence that stretched around them, and Leif turned his head, always mindful of the proud rack of tines upon his brow as he did so. Elspeth explained Helovian culture, and how they involved 'pet' names for certain individuals, and the simple notion of it wasn't very simple at all. This land was certainly something else...

At Elspeth's sheepish realization, the white stag's lips twist upwards in a small smile, a breathy, masculine chuckle leaving his maw. "None taken, Doe Elspeth." It was as much of a reassurance as he could grant her, and as they continued their trek towards the Aurora Basin, there was little that Leif could do save follow.

Eventually they arrived, and the white stag honestly had no idea what to think of the place as he drew to a halt beside Elspeth's freckled side. From their position there was little to see, save the sharp angles of land, the impressive range of mountains in the distance, and the decaying piles of metal that looked as though they had once been something great. What were they? An oval ear flicked forward, curious, nostrils twitching and tail flicking against his thick rump. He held his tongue, however, knowing that the answers would eventually come...

Or so he hoped.

Elspeth lets out a shrill bellow that echoes across the land, summoning one of the Basin's leaders to accept him. How strange. Would there ever be a time where the customs of this land of horses not surprise him? Were the foundations of an equine herd any different from an elk herd? Then again, it had been many moons since the wanderous elk had lived among a herd, so his knowledge on how they functioned were just as skewed.

Turning his majestic head, Leif's expression softened as his gaze met Elspeth's own, and he shook his head once more. Her blatant honesty was incredibly touching, and it soothed his nerves. At least he wasn't alone. "I... I'm not certain. I mean, I have many questions, but I believe I should hold my tongue. I feel as though many of the answers I seek will come with my time spent in this land."

But at least none deemed him a threat. None seemed wary of his difference. Surprised, yes. Ravenous for his treasures, no.

"Although I am quite a bit nervous. It has been many years since I lived among a herd, and I fear I might make quite the fool of myself figuring out how it all works. Is it very hard? Living among horses?" He paused, shuffled the dirt beneath his cloven hooves, and went on. "Are there customs I should know? Do I knock antlers with your males?"

Image Credit
"What if I fall?"
"Oh, but my darling; what if you fly?"

*Please tag Leif in all replies!*

Messages In This Thread
try for better luck - by Elspeth - 07-06-2016, 07:14 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Leif - 07-07-2016, 04:28 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Rexanna - 07-08-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Elspeth - 07-11-2016, 09:07 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Leif - 07-12-2016, 01:11 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Rexanna - 07-13-2016, 11:35 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Elspeth - 07-19-2016, 11:12 PM