Leif Posts: 15
Outcast
Stallion :: Other :: 15 Hands :: 4 Years
Sparrow
L
E
I
F
If there was one thing that Leif would always remember about Elspeth, no matter what the future may hold for either one of them, was that she was honest. Utterly, completely, and heartfully honest with him. She admitted her shortcomings first and foremost, her dainty lips speaking nothing but truths, not bellowing self-glorifying statements and egotistical fueled observations like surely others would be prone to do. Just as he was, Elspeth was new to this land, and also just like Leif, she seemed just as lost and floundering to find steady purchase in a land so mystical, so strange.

And there were Gods? Goodness. The white stag didn't even want to delve into that mystery. Maybe another time.

What a day...

Patiently, and with a considerable amount of understanding, Elspeth went on to answer his further inquiries, and Leif's large, oval ears stood at attention, leaning towards her to capture every word. To not miss the smallest of details. Before any form of reply could leave his pale lips, however, they were joined by another, and the Elk's blue-green eyes jerked to focus on the newcomer, posture stiffening and eight-tined rack raising just a little bit higher.

Who was this? Intimately woven in colors of ivory and gold, she was, decorated in fine, delicate chains of golden adornments. A gilded horn rose from her brow, and a stressed, uncertain breath escaped the stag's twitching nostrils as he sized her up. She was beautiful, this not-horse, in a uniquely feminine way, just as Elspeth was. Was unique beauty a must in this land? A requirement?

Surrounded by so many outrageous creatures, Leif was beginning to feel as if he was the mundane one. What an odd sensation.

She spoke, this golden not-horse, and her voice was a tinkling, odd sort of soothing tone, but Leif was not at ease. Not yet. Nothing about her posture screamed that she was a threat, and the stag's blue-green orbs darted to Elspeth, who seemed only at ease. Seeing the freckled female's calmness served to soothe his anxieties, and Leif did his best to focus on the adorned woman's statements.

'A lot of the males here have horns similarly to mine. Nothing as beautiful as the racks that sit upon your head.' A compliment? Leif had no idea how to take it, so he simply lowered his head, watching her and the creature upon her back before daring to speak. "... Thank you." Short, simple, and to the point. She introduced herself as Rexanna, and like every other name he had learned that day, the Elk filed away for later use.

Leif, remembering his manners, dipped his antlered head in a short nod of acknowledgement. "A pleasure, Doe-Rexanna... And thank you, again." Rexanna then turned her attention to Elspeth, asking the mare if she had offered him a home, and Elspeth returned in kind. It was only seconds later that Rexanna's attention was thrust back on his shoulders, and Leif swallowed thickly before answering.

What a queer question. A job?

"I... I am afraid I do not know, Doe-Rexanna," he began, picking his words carefully with the fear that his uncertainty might cause Rexanna to change her mind, to bar him entry from this herdland, from his chance at a home, "I have never had a job in my past, if that is what you mean. I have hidden, and fought on occasion..." But he wouldn't call that a job. Just survival. "This land is completely new to me. I do not know how it works, the ins and outs, nor do I know much about horses." His admittance was met with a sheepish shake of his impressive head. "This has been quite a mind-blowing experience."

Here, he glanced to Elspeth, seeking her honest reassurance, the warmth and understanding in her honeyed eyes. Her simple presence brought him strength, brought him reassurance, that all would be well, and subconsciously he shifted, cloven hooves scraping against the dirt and dry grasses. "What sort of positions does your herd possess? What is it that you do, Doe-Rexanna? And you, Doe-Elspeth?"

Image Credit

@Rexanna
@Elspeth
"What if I fall?"
"Oh, but my darling; what if you fly?"

*Please tag Leif in all replies!*

Messages In This Thread
try for better luck - by Elspeth - 07-06-2016, 07:14 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Leif - 07-07-2016, 04:28 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Rexanna - 07-08-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Elspeth - 07-11-2016, 09:07 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Leif - 07-12-2016, 01:11 PM