the Rift

[OPEN] try for better luck

Elspeth Posts: 40
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 7 years
Sarah
Elspeth
“Thank you.” I smiled back at the golden mare, appreciating her words about how I seemed very “healer-ish”. Perhaps there was still a chance for me to pick up my lost trade. Although it was not to me, she brought up one of the time menders - mentioning Lena who I had met briefly in the hot springs with a group of the other mares in the herd. I make a mental note to go talk with her the next time I got a chance. Were any of the plants here in Helovia similar to the ones I learned when I was apprenticing? We were in the mountains, so it seemed likely - though the Basin was not nearly as green as the mountains of my old home.

When Leif mentioned singing I remember the deep, incredible call he had made back in the Threshold and wondered what it would be like to hear him sing. She hoped she would get the chance, one day. Another thing to remember for another time.

I listen with interest as the elk gave a little bit of insight into his history. It would seem that, on some level, herds of horses and elk functioned on the same basic level. “That’d be wonderful to hear your singing sometime, Leif.” I smiled brightly, glad that I got the chance to voice my interest in hearing it.  

More questions, Rexanna easily answering and pointing out the focal points of the herdland. I find myself looking as though I had never seen them before myself - but I have to remind myself that I didn’t received an official tour when I arrived. Rexanna had offered, of course, but I was dead on my hooves in fatigue and had promptly fallen asleep for longer than a day. “I don’t think there’s anywhere not to go,” My gaze flickered over to Rexanna to make sure that I got this part right. If there was somewhere that you were not supposed to go in the Basin, I didn’t know about it. “Like Rexanna mentioned there are some caves that most of the herd takes shelter in - especially during the winter.” Though I hadn’t been spending a lot of time in a cave myself, having found a comfortable spot beneath the stars. “So just be careful that if you pick one, it’s not already occupied.” I winked as I said it, a bright grin spreading back across my features. I couldn’t shake the thought that we were an odd trio but how comfortable I felt with them.
give me the sun that shone
Image Credit
table by Sevin

@Leif
[Image: 5706a739b3d7b]
please tag Elspeth in all replies

Messages In This Thread
try for better luck - by Elspeth - 07-06-2016, 07:14 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Leif - 07-07-2016, 04:28 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Rexanna - 07-08-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Elspeth - 07-11-2016, 09:07 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Leif - 07-12-2016, 01:11 PM