the Rift

[OPEN] try for better luck

Leif Posts: 15
Outcast
Stallion :: Other :: 15 Hands :: 4 Years
Sparrow
Leif
It was odd, feeling so comfortable amidst Rexanna and Elspeth's company. They were going out of their way to ensure that he felt welcome, that he understood the layout of the land, that his questions were reasonable and not foolish or dumb in the slightest. For the first time in many years, perhaps the entirety of of his life, he was among others and having a genuine, comfortable conversation with them...

There was no running, no fighting, no hiding. Nothing of the way of life he had so grown accustomed to. Although strange, it was a welcome reprieve. Leif only hoped that it would last.

Lena is the name of the Aurora Basin's Time Mender, or their healer, and the bull does his best to filter that away with all of the other information that he has crammed within his skull, hoping that he could find her and learn about her own songs. Things would be forgotten, others would be remembered, but that was alright. If this was to be his home, then Leif knew he would recall it all sooner or later, regardless of if he remembered it now or not. Still, it didn't hurt to try.

Both of the female not-horses commented that they would enjoy hearing him sing sometime, and Leif felt blessed that they had not thought he was dumb, or naive. Perhaps, at a later time, they could all sing together.

They passed deeper into the valley, and the white stag followed Rexanna's gaze towards the lake in the distance, and like everything else, absorbs all of the information that he can. The lake never freezes. The hot springs are just behind it. Rexanna's own cave is located beyond that. They live in caves. He paused, a large oval ear quirked forward in confusion.

"Caves?"

They live in caves?

Pale lips pursed, brows furrowing over confused blue-green eyes. Like bears? Leif knew that bears lived in caves, and sometimes lions and cougars, but horses? Well, these were not-horses, and the mountainous region that they called home surely could suffer from cruel winters. Perhaps living in caves was the best way to ward off the frozen wrath of winter? Elspeth's additive only confirmed his wayward thoughts, and he offered the freckled woman timid smile, touched by her thoughtfulness.

"Huh." He chuckled, a deep rattling sound, but Leif nodded his tined head in the golden lady's direction. "I will do that. A cave for a home. How very bizarre." But his smile was of good, kindred nature, and not condescending. After all, he was the stranger here, and like all things, it would only take time for him to learn the ways of this land.

Rexanna went on, her melodious vocals keeping his attention as they continued their tour. The cave of the Haruspex was pointed out, as well as what a Haruspex was. A scholar. Interesting. The medic cave was beyond that, and Leif made a mental note to investigate it later and pay it a visit in hopes of finding this 'Lena'. Then, the crafter's cave, apparently home to a bull not-horse named Johnny. Rexanna's comment of how Johnny would be amazed to meet him took the stag by momentary surprise, but he covered it up with a shy smile.

"Perhaps I would," Leif stated humbly, head twisting about as he looked to each of the landmarks that Rexanna and Elspeth had pointed out, "It is so much to take in at once, I hope I don't forget any of it." Once more, he chuckled, shaking the massive twisting tines upon his brow. "The lake, the hot springs, the caves... The Haruspex, Time Mender, and the crafter, Johnny."

"I hope that I do not wander into the wrong cave. I do not believe anyone would enjoy an Elk traipsing into their home." But, should that happen, Leif knew to only apologize, blame his ignorance, and continue on his way. Twisting his gaze away from the land of the Aurora Basin, of his new home, the stag focused his earthly eyes onto the two forms of Rexanna and Elspeth. To them he dipped his head, always careful of his rack, and spoke as humbly and respectfully as he could manage. "Thank you for showing me about, as well as being so kindred and welcoming. I could not have imagined a more grand introduction into my new home. You two will be around, yes?" And here, the stag's expression turned somewhat pinched, as though Rexanna and Elspeth would disappear when they inevitably parted ways. "If I should wish to speak to you, I mean? You will both be able to be found here?"

the white stag
Image Credit

@Rexanna
@Elspeth
"What if I fall?"
"Oh, but my darling; what if you fly?"

*Please tag Leif in all replies!*

Messages In This Thread
try for better luck - by Elspeth - 07-06-2016, 07:14 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Leif - 07-07-2016, 04:28 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Rexanna - 07-08-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: try for better luck - by Elspeth - 07-11-2016, 09:07 PM