the Rift

[PRIVATE] THE WORST PIRATE I'VE EVER HEARD OF

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
TO PUT THIS INTO CONTEXT;
-Tilney has gone missing (aka. ive been innactive lel)
-He is the Moon Doctor @ worlds edge. He went on a trip to the ocean in search of a particular algea and got swept away by high tide and has gone castaway for months (WIIILLLSOOOONNN).
-He's just managed to get back to helovia to the endless blue but as u can imagine is not in the best state.

Salt struck lungs and chaffed, chapped chops was all that remained of the flaxen lad. Seafoam kisses would not cheer his routinely clear head; Not while he lay parched on the slab. Wishing away the day was all this man felt he could do really - Wishes to his westerly herd escaped those cracked grey lips first, then wishes to her
Oh, Arah. 
Torn was the bronze boys heart, wishing to all the gods that his girl was searching for him, though also he desperately hoped that his porcelain princess was not in distress over his disappearance. However, It would sadden him greatly if she was not...
"Why are you so far from me?" he spluttered from raw teeth, skin, bone. This was not how it ought to be. Here was a bachelor, ready to cut out his heart for a lass only to be separated from her before he could do so. 

Oh beloved,
find me.

What would it take for his eyes to open? Had it been only minutes, hours or days since his eyelids last peeled off those salt-stung irises? The whispering wishes turned into groans, the castaways splitting voice leaving his mouth in croaks as he forced an eyelid open. It cracked like a clam thrown by sea spray at dour rocks, though the pearl inside this one was green and as pure as emerald; unmistakably the eyes possessed by Tilney of the Worlds Edge.
Birdsongs afternoon heat was more than crippling to this woesome waif. Leathery skin stretched tightly over tired ribs and baking muscles; the black vultures circled. For once Tilney could hardly be more relieved at the fact that the night would soon be upon this land; whichever land he was on.

The evening came with a greeting of sea spray and ocean wind; It licked his wounds but left their own particular sting. Purple, orange, pink and blue and all their shades had filled most of his gaze by now. "Aiya" the lad breathed, watching as his lantern lit with a puff. Now he was truly vespertine. 
Standing on shaky hocks, the brute crossed the shore to the treeline where he found a familiar trail. The muscles above his eyes knitted into a frown on his sandy countenance. He had to be hallucinating? This was the Endless Blue! Was he actually home? 
Hope did an incredible thing to the stags wrecked body; it made it move like it couldn't before. He searched between each palm for any other creature who might confirm that he was in fact in Helovia once again.

Art by Impassioned-dreams@ DA

@Ultima @Tembovu (if you want to join later on!)

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Ultima Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 4
Snapdragon :: Turkish Andora Cat :: None Kairi
ultima
Last week she saw her face in a pool of day-old rain and did not recognize it. That was all she needed to say. That face – the long, gaunt face that had once glowed as bright and as soft as starlight, the expression that was once described as windows with shutters thrown wide open and now – now – said the rest.

For a long time she had sustained herself on the desperate logic of a cornered animal. Find Raistlynn. Make him take her home. Finish the ceremony. It was simple enough, she’d told herself, cultivating that little kernel of hope through the long days, the long nights spent searching; in her little girl way, she believed it because she couldn’t imagine an alternative. She was the Wild God’s Bride. She was Vesperborn, Daughter of Seven Stars and Dearest Ever Dreamt. Bad endings did not exist for girls like her.

But the days passed and still nothing. Her hair fell from its coif, grew dirty and coarse from lack of comb, lack of care. Her coat lost its shine the same way her jewelry did, dulled by a patina of weather and a bone-deep sorrow that followed her like a second shadow, that she dragged behind her like ball and chain, leaving tunnels in the leaves and the loam as she pressed on. She slept fitfully, always, and woke with a start at the crack of dawn.

(The night before, she dreamt of a crocodile. Terrible. Gigantic. Its smile framed her like a prison. The night before that, a storm, and the smell of fire.)

It was the sound of the sea that dragged her forward again, out from behind the thick curtains she’d pulled shut, the mourning veil hiding her eyes – she saw the sand first, and scrabbled backwards thinking she’d come to the Flats again – and then the big evening-dark bar, drawn against the horizon. The hiss of surf. The swell of tide and the call of – “Birds,” she breathed, raspy with disuse. Birds she’d never seen before. Water she never knew.

They hadn’t even had stories about it.

And it was there that Ultima saw him, stumbling out of the sea, as wobbly as a child. 

She watched him for a long moment, making her way down a sand bank and nearly tumbling as she neared the foot, her hooves unsteady, wings flaring briefly for balance. Naïve and sheltered as she was, Ultima had little fear of strangers; the concept of being harmed by another of her kind was inconceivable, even as odd a man as this one seemed to be.

“I say,” she began, her voice cracking. She cleared her throat, and louder, steadier, “What are you doing?”
command me to be well.

@Tilney rip in pieces hahaaa
please tag ultima in all posts!
force/magic a-ok, shy of killing/maiming her!

The sunken cheeks and sun-split ears of Tilney turned to face the well faring star as it sunk further and further below the oceans surface. Tonight he would not question where it went as he did every other; First he had to question more pressing matters such as his own sanity. Was he really in Helovia? He had been marooned far away from his gods gaze for far too long with only gulls and the occasional scuttler for company. 
There were many hooligans in the distant Islands Tilney had found. Waifing criminals with cold hearts and even colder eyes. Having spent some time in their company over his time in desolation it had posed even more questions in his ever wondering mind. Where in the world was Viktor? His scallywag of an older brother had chosen a life of rum and rope long ago and it make him wonder where life had taken him (if anywhere). Tilney would not be surprised if his brothers bones were at the bottom of the ocean; the thought saddened him deeply. His wine coloured heart yearned for family.  On the topic of his sanity however, Tilney began to notice the details and fine lines one would not expect from a dream. This really must be the Endless Blue.

The spray of sand and flurry of feathers beckoned his amber ears to twitch and turn to the sound. Across the shore, scaling the sand dunes was an angel. A teaming quartet of pennons framed her lithe and spangle bodice while her hide was painted with the colour of Sapphire, Emerald and even Ruby. The boy dare not speak; he only watched in disbelief as the saint fluttered before him. His jaw had dropped and his eyes were tiredly bulging. One might of even been half closed, he daren't check his appearance. 

His angel came closer and her details came into his viridescent gaze. She looked just as rough as he; Mane unkept, dull coat, unattended scratches. 
"I say," was croaked from the angelic girls maw. “What are you doing?”.
The moon doctor eyes darted left and then right, anywhere but the porcelain lass for now. What was he doing again? Oh yes, looking for- "Helovia" He bellowed through ruined vocal chords "I am Tilney of the worlds Edge. I am looking for my home" the lost boy whispered to the stranger, verdant sightgivers finally looking up to meet hers. Tilneys gaze turned over each wound, eyeing them with concern "You may want to put some Chort Fungus on those"

dis bish
Tilbert right now
@Ultima

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Outcast
ultima
The stranger gawked for a minute. And then roared.

Her poll drew back on reflex, ears twitching apprehensively as his volume dove into a whisper.
What had he said? Had it been Common Tongue or something else? Dimly she wondered when she’d last spoken to someone, anyone; she’d seen others on her slow march through the countryside, and she dimly recalled their voices, but the sounds were distorted, as if heard from a distance. She shook her head as if to beat out the dust, tassels swishing on either side of her face, and thought back—

Helovia!

Ah.

“They call it that, yes. I’ve no idea where th— God bless you,” she said, misunderstanding the words ‘chort fungus’, “—where the Edge is, but I’ve heard of it. I rather thought this was the Edge, actually. Looks quite like the end of things to me. Everything there is. Everything to come.”

Evening was rising, the far horizon flushed with the last dregs of sunlight. Without meaning to her head had turned towards it, her gaze skipping across the waves pulling, pushing against the shore. One stopped just shy of her foot and she danced aside, watching half-affronted as the water receded and shoved out again, closer each time.

Like the river, but wider – far wider than she could fathom. Or the goldfish pond, but scaled forward by a hundred times, a thousand even, likely even more – she couldn’t conjure up anything to compare it to that didn’t make her heart shudder and fold like a house of cards. Best not to try, she told herself, a little breeze coiling in her bedraggled mane, stirring the sun-faded locks. and with her third-most dismissive flick of the head set her sights back on the boy.

His coat was flaked with salt and smears of seafoam. Something green was clinging to his knee, and a lantern hung among the tines of his antlers. She supposed it was magic what kept it lit, even after clambering out of the wet – they’d had ones like that in the Wood, flickering as rain surged through the canopy but never quite guttering out.

The girl made a wry face, clearing her throat as properly as one possibly could. Brides don’t cry, she reminded herself, Ultima’s own haughty ghost flashing through her eyes, the distinct tang of pride on her tongue.

“I gather you don’t live here, then. In— That.” She paused, considering her options. And, childlike to the end, unafraid to ask questions, “What’s the word for That, do you know?”
command me to be well.

@Tilney gggetttting thererereee
ully @ the ocean probably

Ginger lashes fluttered over verdant eyes, watching the stained lass before him. This girl reminded him of a feather. One strong spine but with one touch every other part of the structure could crinkle. Tilney could only assume this gals strong spine was her attitude; Already she seemed reasonably fearless to him. (She had just approached an absolute wreck of a stranger after all). Tilney noted that this fillies voice was almost just as broken as his, but her words confirmed not only that his mind could possibly still be intact but he was in fact home.
A relieved sigh escaped his stinging maw, his entire head dropping to the sand with a short cry of relief. "Thankyou!" was proclaimed, his voice breaking and even changing its tone midway through the cry. Tilney was quite confused, and did not really have any clue why he was thanking this young maiden. She had breathed so much hope into him however, he felt as though he had a full belly and a body full of rest. He was ready to find the edge, Arah, Tembovu, Alyssane; everyone.

"The Edge! No, This is not the Worlds Edge" the boy uttered excitedly, then taking two eager paces forward so he was standing parallel to the painted stranger. "The Worlds Edge. It is quite literally... an edge. We live in forests high above the sea upon mighty cliffs!"
He turned his body to face the night, the last of the sun hitting his flanks as he gazed over the bay. The lofty cliffs of the Worlds edge were only just visible. 

"I gather you don’t live here, then. In— That.” 
Turning his flaxen crown to face her, Tilney could only guess what she meant by that
The ocean? 

"The Ocean? No--" He chuckled "I do not. 
Are you far from home then? I seem to have found mine" The bronze man uttered, motioning to the distant sea cliffs he called home.

oi you write beautifully!!!
@Ultima

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Outcast
ultima
The boy’s head fell, and initially Ultima thought she’d said something offensive. But it was relief, wasn’t it? She blinked curiously at him and then glanced off across the sea, murmuring, “Think nothing of it.” The words put a strange taste in her mouth – shy envy, probably. She would’ve liked to change places, click her heels a few times and wake up in the goldfish pond with watercress in her hair. Alas.

“Ocean,” she repeated, testing the syllables, the soft hush of a transition that sounded like the surf’s hissing, sh sh sh. It was like secret-keeping, don’t tell or we’ll be caught! And it was like a lullaby, too, the light snuffing out with a wink in the west, only the halo of the boy’s lantern left standing. (And the stars. But even the stars were different here; she never wished to them; she didn’t know what they were saying.) Minerva used to sweep in before bed, regal as a crane, humming something phenomenally soft for an old bird with vocal chords like a steel file – now, lightyears away from anything familiar (anyone who loved her), Ultima rather regret saying as much. 

She laughed, a fairy bell ringing bittersweet in the blue dark.

“Oh, very far. I couldn’t even begin to say how far. There wasn’t any ocean there. We had forests, though, and a million songbirds, and a m—” The m drew out for a beat. “—ountain.” There was another little gust of air and she lifted her chin into it, tassel-threads brushing against her neck. Lost as she was, it seemed some things never changed: the night was wider but brought the same calm it always had, and the lantern’s glow lent it a certain warmth, a certain comfort. It felt like sneaking out after hours to watch the jasmine bloom, ducking behind the hedges and cursing her bright coat. She always came home late, fetlocks stained grass-green—

“But I suppose you’re already very late, aren’t you? Getting home?” Ultima turned on him very sharply, her rough little voice shot through with urgency. “Were you lost? Did you get carried away? Does that happen?Often? (She’d once been swept off by the river, not very far, but it’d sent the entire household into a frenzy. Cautious, she took a small step back from the rising tide.) “Golly, you ought to run.”
command me to be well.

i just wanna *clenches fist* give u + tillyboo the best i've got!!!!!!
@tilney

This dainty fellow was so oddly childlike it was somewhat refreshing. He had spent so much time being the learner, the subject, the pupil. It wasn't that Tilney didn't like to learn - in fact, to learn was one of his greatest pleasures. However it did become exhausting and sometimes all that information went in one ear and our the other. Tilney wondered if this filly held onto the answers to her never ending questions, or if she let them slip away like he sometimes did. 
The lass began pronouncing that new onomatopoeic word in her vocabulary; Ocean. The way she said it sounded so foreign but quite beautiful. Had they no word for the sea where she was from? "There are other words for it too" Tilney began, his cloven feet taking him up a brittle dune"Some will just call it the Sea; Same as if I was to say 'I see you!' 
maybe it's called that because it stretches as far as you can see"
He didn't know where this girl was headed, but he knew where he was going. She was more then welcome to accompany him to the Worlds Edge.

Her sing-song voice told him of the land she hailed and oddly enough it sounded much like the place he had come from; only he had grown up in tilted tableland forests, choked by ferns, oaks and dry grass. "Oh a mountain!" was tilneys excited response, his shaky knees almost collapsing as he reached the height of the dune. "There are quite a number of those across Helovia, the most notable being-" He stopped and gave an aweful, spluttering cough to clear some brine from his lungs before he creakily continued "-the most notable being north past the aurora basin"

The qustions ran like a tap, and it honestly was music to his ears. Good company was something he had gone at least two or three seasons without - maybe even an entire year. Cloven stones took Tilney past the palms and into the bush and scrub where a well worn trail was soon found. "Well, I often get lost but I do find my way back. I got swept away at high tide from the Riptide Isles when I was looking for this" He gestured to a bright blue ribbon seaweed he had braided into his mane for safe keeping. "A very rare herb for reversing the affects of various poisons!" was then chirped quite enthusiastically. 

"I didn't think I'd ever find my way back..." The young stag slowly uttered, his emerald eyes lowering to meet those of his new companion, then announcing without much question if she would follow him"Well, lets go - I'm going home!" 

u can reply to this if you like to finish it off, its sort of done tho! I'll go write the thread at the edge now~
@Ultima

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎