the Rift

[OPEN] maybe danger isn't our thing

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Rikyn

‘I didn’t want to hurt you,’ he responds, morosely.  It seems like he says more and more things this way the older we get, and there is something about it that makes me want to keep snapping at him, even if it makes his heart bleed.  “Well you damn sure didn’t!” flares to mind immediately, but, truthfully, my ankle does hurt pretty bad, and some of his bites still smart a bit.  “It’s called a spar, you idiot!” is a secondary stream, physically bit back as I grasp my tongue between my teeth and glare at him, ears still tilted back into the tangled chaos of my mane.

What he says next takes some of the sharpness out of my glaring, eases the tension pulling taut my sweat slaked skin, because it tugs on one of the very few soft places in my heart.  I snort, finding some humor in the notion that he might have killed me, because I honestly don’t think either one of us would have let that happen (now that I’ve actually thought of the disastrous, potential outcome to what I’d considered a friendly joust).

"I wouldn’t have killed you, and you’d not have killed me either," I grumble with frustrated disappointment, letting some of my tumultuous emotions out in a childish roll of the eyes that I simply expect him to forgive me for.  I’ve always been a horrible shit of a person; why would that change because my balls had dropped?  "Besides, you should know better."

I take the time to really look into his eyes, to make sure he sees that I’m not really that mad at him.  I’m mostly frustrated because my attempts to play Knight with him had been so dramatically different than I’d hoped, and that I’d let so much distance grow between us that he had room to worry about such womanly bullshit at all.

"You’re my brother, no matter where Time takes us," awkwardly, I look down at my hooves, kicking absently a spare stone and watching it skitter out into the shadows bordering the room, "I couldn’t be a King without you."

Continuation of:
let's start living dangerously & ignore remorse
tear the whole world down
 @Erebos

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
maybe danger isn't our thing - by Rikyn - 07-07-2016, 12:58 PM
RE: maybe danger isn't our thing - by Erebos - 07-10-2016, 12:59 PM
RE: maybe danger isn't our thing - by Rikyn - 07-12-2016, 01:36 PM
RE: maybe danger isn't our thing - by Erebos - 07-14-2016, 06:24 PM
RE: maybe danger isn't our thing - by Rikyn - 07-20-2016, 10:10 AM
RE: maybe danger isn't our thing - by Erebos - 07-23-2016, 01:46 PM