the Rift

[OPEN] prodigal

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

As his unearthly companion tucked behind him, her elegant head hanging over his back, Tilney watched the firs as hoofbeats and answers to his choked call filled the forest. He could recognise those tired, awkward footfalls of his friend Glasgow as she got closer; the boy could tell it was his closest friend from miles away with waterlogged ear drums and all. "Tilney-" his ashen friend had spoken as she slid right onto her hocks before him. This flaxen lad had never been so glad to see anyone in his life, besides when he had first laid eyes on the double winged dove who stood dazed and naked behind his own broken bodice.
"-It'll be alright, I'm glad you're back"

"Glasgow" Escaped from the moon doctors salty lips as the glazier raised her own maw to his cheek. Immediately the overwhelmed young man felt the tears crawl back to the corner of his verdant eyes, looking closely back to the scar irises of his best friend. "I'm so sorry, I..." Tilney spluttered, slowly trailing off and pricking his ears when he heard the familiar trumpet of another small friend. Mbwene had grown; she stood half his height. The elephant had only been a calf when he had last saw her, but he held very fond memories of his kings bonded. He could remember plucking Tembovu flowers and placing them behind her ear (only for her to flap them once and have them all fall out). The sweet matriarchs trunk raised, Tilney dipped his crown to meet his small friends kind eyes which always wrenched his heart strings. But when Mbwene came the elephantine king soon followed, and his hoofbeats were no challenge to miss. The mighty sound almost scared birds out of trees and the gracious king approached. Somehow, he looked taller to Tilney and it terrified him. The king did not speak to him, instead his eyes found their way directly to his scatterbrained friend. Was the king angry with him for disappearing? Would he be punished?

"My King," Tilney began, but did not know where to continue from there. Where would he start? Would he tell them about being swept away, or would he tell them about how he jut couldn't find his way home for a whole year. He could tell them about all those scallywags and pirates he had met on those well and truly godforsaken seas and islands. 
"Tilney!"

It was only then that the bronze boy caught the notes of his girls perfect pitter-pattering footfalls above the sound of his thundering heart. Tilney turned his cranium in the direction of her irish, lilted voice and held on as firmly as he could to the grass underneath his feet as his knees buckled; There she was. 
He was so overwhelmed, there were no words. Only a whirlwind of possible exclamations. In the end though his delicate feet found their way forwards, stumbling and limping he ran to his beloved. Trembling and naked Tilney clung tightly to her as she embraced him, their necks and warm bodies intertwined. 
"Arah"

Art/print purchased from Illustrated Monthly || coding by neverrmind@ DA

aw feelz
+are you guys noticing how much i am STRUGgLinG to write a sad/wrecked Tilney!??? i am not putting up with this bullshit attitude tilbert
@Ultima

(BABYLON DONT LOVE U)

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Messages In This Thread
prodigal - by Tilney - 07-09-2016, 10:21 PM
RE: prodigal - by Ultima - 07-10-2016, 12:19 AM
RE: prodigal - by Glasgow - 07-11-2016, 10:59 PM
RE: prodigal - by Tembovu - 07-12-2016, 01:57 AM
RE: prodigal - by Arah - 07-12-2016, 08:41 PM
RE: prodigal - by Tilney - 07-13-2016, 07:02 AM