the Rift

Technicolor!

Unregistered
:: :: ::

However much the prince feigns innocence, he is aware he now stands at a crossroads. Whatever he does next will set him down a new road. It's a welcome change, from all he has endured before. If he suffers a pang of regret, of nostalgia, he quickly kisses it goodnight and lays it to rest. Forward, forward. The past is a graveyard, black and white. He strives toward every spectrum cast by the sun. Now his dark eyes fix with keen attention to Ashamin and the promise of the Unbound, so very unlike everything Hé knows of home and loyalty. He cannot promise, to himself or his maybe-friend, any future loyalty just yet. He cannot pledge his name to a strange king or country without some introspection. But he is curious, his mind open to the possibility of a place he might belong. It is to the chime of possibility then Hé adheres.

The small head turns politely to Lyanna all the same, some modicum of self control biting back the thousands of questions swarming his back teeth. Hé likes to think he will see her again, perhaps even on friendly terms. Healers are good people to know, of course. And he would like to know what kind of kingdom houses those with such magnificent wings, what can rightly call itself the World's Edge. Maybe it is the threat of law he skirts in avoiding her home; maybe it is the shadow crawling at the edges of his brain when he thinks of kings and politics again. With a small nod, Hé settles himself, aware that he is coming to a part he dislikes always, a part called good bye. Hopefully not for too long.

"Thank you for entertaining my curiosity," he tells them both humbly, his head lowering a fraction before finding its usual position once more atop his thick neck. "I hope one day to see the World's Edge with my own eyes. Perhaps we could meet again?" A quaint tilt of the head, an almost flirtatious curl to the sound of his voice. All pass quickly as breathing. Hé turns next to Ashamin, unable to hide the curiosity in his gaze or the eager desire for more. He will devour the lands beyond this forest with the same joy he first greeted the forest with. "I would like to go with you, Ashamin. To meet your friends before I make any broad declarations," Hé admits. "But I am eager to do so. If you will lead on," he prompts, his tail swishing gently, his ears pricked. A single glance back toward Lyanna though, warmth bubbling in the dark wells of his eyes, in the sweet notes of his voice. "Good bye, Lyanna. It was a pleasure."

Uhh shitty post just to wrap this up.

Messages In This Thread
Technicolor! - by Hé - 07-11-2016, 02:06 AM
RE: Technicolor! - by Ashamin - 07-11-2016, 07:07 AM
RE: Technicolor! - by Lyanna - 07-11-2016, 01:14 PM
RE: Technicolor! - by Hé - 07-11-2016, 02:28 PM
RE: Technicolor! - by Ashamin - 07-12-2016, 06:21 PM
RE: Technicolor! - by Lyanna - 07-13-2016, 01:07 PM
RE: Technicolor! - by Hé - 07-13-2016, 09:28 PM
RE: Technicolor! - by Ashamin - 07-14-2016, 08:00 AM
RE: Technicolor! - by Hé - 07-17-2016, 10:33 PM
RE: Technicolor! - by Ashamin - 07-18-2016, 12:06 PM