the Rift

Aftergold

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Not the five feet of water to your chin

The sheer height of the trees in the Threshold have held Duir mesmerized since we arrived; even now, he’s walking with his eyes cast upward, the intricate shapes of sunlight trickling across his face, the thin ribbons of gold and bronze within his growing antlers glinting. I find that I enjoy walking in silence with him more than I’ve enjoyed just about anything in my life, and though he does occasionally demand ridiculous games of me, we’re most often found just like this. I don’t even mind where we are, because he’s so intrigued. His light heartedness combats my ill mood at being so regrettably hot; the forest also, in part, has its own tricks to keep it less horrid than it is down south.

Even thinking of the Dragon’s Throat makes a smirk rise to my lips, silently mocking Gaucho for banning me from there in the first place. Who’d want to be there right now, anyway? Masochists, and big, surly, fire hurling titans, I guess.

A sudden voice very nearby makes both of us start, the still white dappled, earthen fawn startled into a vertical bound, while I halt, my entire body alerting to the sound. It’s male, I think, but a different sort of male than any I’ve heard. Drinking the air in as I walk towards the disturbance, curious as to what sort of individual shouts at trees, his scent confirms my suspicions. Another, gentler perfume lilts about the stranger’s, and as I come upon the two of them, I find two unicorns – just my sort of arrangement.

‘I’m Skyfall,’ he says and continues on, and I’m glad to have come into the conversation when I have. Couldn’t have missed much, if we’re still introducing ourselves, right? Striding into the group as if I’ve been invited, I stop at a cordial talking distance, glancing alongside me to find that Duir hadn’t ever left the seclusion of the forest.

"This is the Threshold to the kingdoms of Helovia," I say, the amusement at my companion’s awkwardness evident from the smile on my lips, taking care to make eye contact and nod hello to each of them politely, "I’m Rikyn."

[ OOC: YAAAAY people I haven't wrote with before hello <3 Duir is somewhere in the nearby vicinity watching. ]

but the inch above the tip of your nose.

@Zyanya @Skyfall

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
Aftergold - by Skyfall - 07-11-2016, 11:36 AM
RE: Aftergold - by Zyanya - 07-12-2016, 12:21 PM
RE: Aftergold - by Skyfall - 07-12-2016, 01:01 PM
RE: Aftergold - by Rikyn - 07-12-2016, 02:07 PM
RE: Aftergold - by Zyanya - 07-12-2016, 03:35 PM
RE: Aftergold - by Skyfall - 07-12-2016, 04:42 PM
RE: Aftergold - by Rikyn - 07-13-2016, 12:17 PM
RE: Aftergold - by Zyanya - 07-14-2016, 01:32 PM
RE: Aftergold - by Skyfall - 07-14-2016, 07:16 PM
RE: Aftergold - by Rikyn - 07-21-2016, 11:40 AM