the Rift

Aftergold

Skyfall Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
SKYFALL

As the horned stallion would tell you, laughter was verbal sunshine, burning away negativity and sparkling its way down Hunky-Dory Lane.

As the blackened rogue - Rikyn - let his hearty verbal sunshine fill the spaces between equines and tree trunks alike, Skyfall couldn't help but give a giggle in response; there was no such thing as laughter that wasn't contagious, all expressions of happiness and lightheartedness were contagious if you so chose. Of course, the bay would allow, of course it wasn't always easy to be happy. To be cheerful in the face of a blackening tide of depression or sorrow was, in fact, one of the worst tortures known to equine-kind, but to find the strength to summon up a smile in spite of that? Legendary and inspiring.

So as Rikyn's laughter faded into the arms of memory, the queenly stallion heaved a contented sigh before stepping toward his ebony counterpart, praises perched upon his lips. "Darling," he breathed, opalescent eyes glimmering in the oppressive humidity of the Threshold, "You bring light to those that surround you and I thank you on behalf of those you've blessed in such a way." With that being said, Skyfall made to brush his lips lightly against Rikyn's darkened cheek as he explained in general terms the state of Helovia's hierarchy.

Moving so that he stood once more beside his Doll, the crowned gent absently pressed his nose to the base of the girl's horn, already in the habit of unconsciously providing reassurance. "Interesting," He murmured, pulling his velvet nose from Zyanya's warmth and contemplating the consequences of such a society; it surely sounded safer and more livable than the previous terras in which he had resided. In all honesty, the spindly stallion could have stood there all day in the pressing heat of the forest, contemplating the virtues and cons of Helovia's current structure, but the wind chime voice of Zyanya reeled him away from his thoughts.

Doting grin curling its way along his lips, Skyfall listened intently to the airy song that served as the maiden's words. As she finished her monologue, the queen half wished that he had wings to flare and beat together in some semblance of applause. Truthfully, Skyfall's bias toward the delicate mare caused him to believe that nearly each action that Zyanya took should be rewarded with a fanfare and a showering of gifts; but he doubted the stingy universe would agree.

He raised his head for a moment, giving the sky - and therefore the universe - the stankiest stank eye that he could muster. Boo, universe. Boo on you, ya jerk.

Returning to the meeting before him, Skyfall tilted his head in a way that was reminiscent of a pose before gracing the short silence with his voice, "Well, my dears, Gods, realms and dancing skies, you've got me hooked! Now, as far as where I'll hang my hide, this Aurora Basin sounds absolutely splendid. Do you think you could get me an invite?" While his demeanor remained playful and his voice laced with the usual jovial tone, Skyfall was truly and wholly intrigued.

"Rikyn, honey, you'll have to pay me a visit some time," He flashed a wink to the handsome brute, "If your friends are half as handsome as you, I'm sure I'll have a dandy time." With that said, Skyfall pivoted toward the direction in which Zyanya had come, a silent request to lead on, lovely! handing in the air between them.

He couldn't wait to see the sky dance.

@Rikyn

Messages In This Thread
Aftergold - by Skyfall - 07-11-2016, 11:36 AM
RE: Aftergold - by Zyanya - 07-12-2016, 12:21 PM
RE: Aftergold - by Skyfall - 07-12-2016, 01:01 PM
RE: Aftergold - by Rikyn - 07-12-2016, 02:07 PM
RE: Aftergold - by Zyanya - 07-12-2016, 03:35 PM
RE: Aftergold - by Skyfall - 07-12-2016, 04:42 PM
RE: Aftergold - by Rikyn - 07-13-2016, 12:17 PM
RE: Aftergold - by Zyanya - 07-14-2016, 01:32 PM
RE: Aftergold - by Skyfall - 07-14-2016, 07:16 PM