the Rift

[OPEN] Consolation Prize

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia
Almost immediately, Sohalia regretted having landed at all.  The unicorn stallion glared at her when he turned to find her standing nearby, his ears flattening against an oddly maneless neck.  Well! she though, her own auds twisting slightly backwards, didn't he hear me coming?  Despite her momentary petulance (she'll take anything over her grief), the mare noticed that an odd amulet hung from a chain between the stallion's teeth.  Did he find it on the beach?  Why wasn't he wearing it?  In any case, it hardly mattered.  The stallion's irritation was in full force (or so she thought), and she had not desire to be on the receiving end of it.  Not when she was already so broken to begin with.

Her mouth twisted into a thin line as she drew herself up.  "Why, I saw you scampering about madly on the sand from the sky.  I simply wanted to see if you were injured, or... or lost, or otherwise in need of assistance."  Despite her almost injured tone, her words were genuine.  Unlike her newfound companion, there was no malice in her demeanor, just anger.  It was a pure sort of fury, the kind that is born of a gentle soul attempting to give help where it was not wanted.  Didn't this idiotic stallion see that she was trying to help?  Or would he rather just limp about on the sand, running from a wave that almost looked like it could knock him over?  Sohalia's bi-colored eyes sparked.

Anger was easier to deal with than guilt.

At the sardonic comment offered, something in the pale dove snapped.  She had been in a living hell for days and hadn't slept in nearly as long, drowning in her guilt and anguish.  Her mate lover Sultan was dead, and she had never had the chance to say goodbye.

Or I love you.

Or I'm sorry.

"If you were paying attention then you might have noticed my approach," she retorted.  "It's not my fault you're more afraid of the water than any potential threats that could come from the land or sky."  She immediately regretted the words and her clipped tone, but it was weak in the way of insults and there was something almost cathartic about taking out her buried feelings on a stranger.  She could - and would - feel plenty guilty about it later.  "Besides, I don't think you're going to be goring much of anything, between that limp and the shape of your horns."

"Talk talk talk."

@Albrecht

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Consolation Prize - by Albrecht - 07-11-2016, 02:08 PM
RE: Consolation Prize - by Sohalia - 08-31-2016, 09:29 AM
RE: Consolation Prize - by Albrecht - 09-01-2016, 11:32 AM
RE: Consolation Prize - by Sohalia - 09-14-2016, 11:25 AM
RE: Consolation Prize - by Albrecht - 09-22-2016, 08:26 PM
RE: Consolation Prize - by Sohalia - 10-14-2016, 02:15 PM
RE: Consolation Prize - by Albrecht - 11-09-2016, 10:13 AM
RE: Consolation Prize - by Sohalia - 11-10-2016, 11:00 AM
RE: Consolation Prize - by Albrecht - 11-28-2016, 09:10 AM