the Rift

[OPEN] into the sea, you & me

Ryouta Posts: 30
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: VIII HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
Receive the erased memories
And broken heart on the palm of my hand.
It was damned hot, if I had anything to say about it.
Which, coincidentally, I do.

Now, I come from a home where there are warm, sandy beaches, but it still snows there in the winter.  In this land, the sun of summer seems to be hellbent on causing as much discomfort as possible.  The idea of snow itself comforts my heart a little, but not enough to halt the sweat escaping my pores and soaking my grime covered body.

The ache in my shoulder has finally receded enough to allow me to fly, the birth right of my race.  Thanks to the curt and strange Seanan, who I think if I found again someday, I would extend an offer of thanks.  My initial plan had been to recover from my mortal injury and return to the life of a vagabond.  Something about Helovia made the idea of leaving it uncomfortable.  Besides, I had no home to return to, no smiling faces to greet me.  I had decided, quite reluctantly, that this hellhole was as good as any other for the time being.

The heat from the sun which bakes the sweat from my body almost as fast as it can produce the liquid is making me reconsider.
When the heat in the sky becomes unbareable, I finally conceide defeat and slowly circle downward, seeing the ocean below.  The inviting blue of its waters makes me tug the soft velveteen of my lips upward in a smile, though you might not recognize the expression as such.
Something about the line torn across my mouth is ugly, not evil, but far from joyous.  Instead, it seems like the smile one would wear through tears.

I had given up on crying long ago.

Without slowing much in my descent, I plunge into the waters below.  A cascade of water rushes over my figure, cooling my body instantly.  A sigh of relief escapes my lips as I draw back upward toward the surface, the echoes of the massive wave my body had caused reaching out to the sandy shores.

Slowly, I begin to wade back toward the shore when I see them.  The figures are feminine, standing not far from each other.  One colored like the night, the other mimicking my own coloring.  Thanks the the salty embrace of the sea, much of the dirt and grime which plagued my frame almost eternally dissipates, which would make it possible to see the resemblance that, on most days, would be hidden from sight.  For a moment, I wonder if it were possible to just swim in the opposite direction, come ashore without speaking or being noticed by the ladies.
Then, cursing my own stupidity, I realize the size of the wave I created would not have gone unnoticed by a blind bat, much less two full cognizant women.
I sigh, but resign myself to swimming toward them.

When my hooves contact the sand below I march straight out, not bothering to shake the excess water from my body.  It falls like small rivers, staining the dust at my hooves with a darker hue.

I am still perhaps fifteen feet from them, but my mismatched eyes turn to view them with a face locked in disinterest.  "Hey," I say, my voice feeling strange in my mouth.
It had been weeks since I had spoken to anyone.
"Does this place always rival a furnace in temperature, or am I just blessed to be experiencing it?"

""

ooc -- Hope you don't mind me tossing Ryouta in here!  He needs something to do.
良克
RYOUTA
image credit to junklight at flickr.com

@Sikeax & @Syrena

Messages In This Thread
into the sea, you & me - by Sikeax - 07-11-2016, 08:00 PM
RE: into the sea, you & me - by Syrena - 08-26-2016, 10:07 AM
RE: into the sea, you & me - by Ryouta - 08-31-2016, 01:49 PM