the Rift

Talking to the moon

Luna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I don't just wish you rain, Beloved
I wish you the beauty of storms

The season is scorching. Wildfires burning across the countryside leaving nothing but ash and embers in their wake. A soft auburn haze coats the horizon to the east with an eerie glow as the burning sphere begins to fade into the distant mountains to the west. Among the rippling dry golden grain is a glittering black blur charging through their fragile stocks. Slowly the setting sun allowing the shadow-mare to blend into the night as mother moon gently faded into view.; beaming down with all her grace the delicate rays of light mixing of sapphire and onyx across the terrain. Chest heaving, the lady slowed toward the edge of the clearing. Silken coat kissed by the moon holding a soft sheen of sweat from her adventures. Inky limbs weary from the distance they have traveled continue their gate, a gentle bounce trickling through the reeds as they intertwined against her hocks. Ink veil adorned with an ivory crescent moon between softly glowing cobalt optics elegantly elevated, in a display of pride and curiosity. Listeners pivot in all directions, weaving back and forth between flowing midnight fibers, waiting to detect movement. Nostrils  flare, breathing deep the land she has stumbled upon; it was fresh, it was new, it was hot. The lunar mistress wanted nothing more than to explore it. And just like that as one journey ended, another journey began.

The smell of this place was overwhelming, such a mixture of aromas fueled the dark mistresses mind. Most scents masked by the disgusting smell of smoke that coated her skin from the wildfires from the east. Twisting through the dark forest she mused upon the beauty of the landscape; the moon's rays delicate yet vibrant as they streak through the shadows. Fireflies glitter, dancing into the night through the trees. 'You have lead me here for a reason, haven't you mother moon?' The thought fluttered through her mind as she continued her walk among the timbers. The heat subsiding (even if minimally) to the humid night, a faint fog swirling around the forest floor. So many blurred perfumes fused with the aroma of smoke, the blue-tinged seductress couldn't quite pinpoint the species here. Purity was important, she adorned no spiral horn or feathers of flight. Those were not considered acceptable. It is abnormal, those are beings of abomination and mixed genes.

Lady moon had to know those she stood amongst. Midnight limbs eased to a halt, muscles rippled under her steamy skin. "Hello?" Honey tones seeped in a gentle call through velvet lips, laced with innocent curiosity. Lobes flicked forth while glowing eyes pierced the darkness seeking something, someone to reply. Silken pendulum lofting from left to right in anticipation; they shouldn't keep her waiting long.

ooc: Open for anyone to come.
note: I'll be going on vacation soon, my reply will be delayed till Monday <3
- the daughter of the night
Image Credit to Asperette.Deviantart.com

Elspeth Posts: 40
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 7 years
Sarah

Well, a few days ago I hardly expected to be coming here again. Not voluntarily and certainly not with any intention of leaving Helovia. But after my unfortunate run in with Leif, and the reminder of how frightened I had been when I first came here (how frightened I still was, really), I realized that I had it in my power to actually help others not be frightened. I could offer them a home, offer them safety.

I didn’t care about recruiting really, didn’t care about boistering the numbers of the Basin. The jobs and such that everyone performed within the herd still baffled me slightly. I was more concerned about helping the individuals than I was about that strange herd - but I had to admit that recruiting more members should, theoretically, make it more safe.

Besides, I clearly needed more practice talking to others. I had yet to have a conversation within these woods that didn’t involve a volley of curses and shouts.

It was later than I expected by the time I arrived and I certainly had no intention of wandering about in the darkness on my own. I found, to some degree of annoyance, that I missed the warming presence of Calder. Not that I was chilly - far from it, even at night this summer seemed to ooze with heat - but he was comforting to be around. I should have asked him to come with me - maybe next time.

I was scouting about for a safe spot to catch a little bit of sleep as I waited for the night to pass when a call sounded through the trees nearby. An equine call this time - I doubted I would have the fortune of finding two white elks in this wood.

“Hello?!” I called back, abandoning thoughts of sleep and (though my heart was hammering out of fear) move towards the sounds until I spot a mare. The apprehension did not fade from my body but I try to make my voice at least sound warm and friendly. Thankfully, in the dim light of the moon, my emotions which played so openly on my face would not be quite so obvious. “I wasn’t sure if anyone else would be wandering this late.” As I flick my red-brown tail behind me, I’m reminded of my first entrance - when the cloth tied into it had snagged and I had drawn the attention of quite a few onlookers as I struggled to get loose.

“I’m Elspeth, are you…” I hesitated then, trying to remember how I had been greeted and how the more polite stallions had greeted Leif. An awkward pause, unfortunately, but I tried my best to quickly move on. “... new to Helovia?”

That seemed to be a safe answer, right?

- - I am lost and found

art by mockingale

@Luna how perfect would it be for someone who is racist against unicorns to live in a land of racist unicorns. I'M JUST SAYIN'
[Image: 5706a739b3d7b]
please tag Elspeth in all replies

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

SIKEAX
i never said i'd stay to the end

She wasn’t sure if she wanted to go home yet. There was something about heading south once more that made her uncomfortable, but a long list of reasons could easily be driven from her head. She was scared of fire, the heat burned her skin, she was scared to swim, an unholy thing to hear for a woman who can breathe underwater, who loved the sea with everything that she had, but it was true. Since the incident with the skeletons, she had been scared and nervous on shorelines, desperate in that she knew that they would need her at some point, pained by the fact that she hadn’t gotten enough courage to make the leap or plunge yet.
Hobgoblin had scolded her for it, and encouraged her in the only loving way he knew, which was through violence and deepening her into her fears.
She needed to return to the Throat. The thought kept rolling over in her head as she watched idly as Hobgoblin ‘hunted’ fireflies, his slender, sleek form bounding and lunging as he sprung atop seemingly spring-loaded legs. They fall prey and possibly end their lives when both his claws and paws cusp their glowing bodies. He doesn’t eat them. These are just for sport.
His energy makes him swell at the walls of his body, but this one is the one most capable of extorting it to the fullest extent. So, when he feels that the fireflies are beginning to bore him and that Sikeax’s conflictions have gone on too long, his legs burst out from beneath him, and he is gone.
For her, it is nothing. She feels almost too tired to take chase, but as always, she doesn’t want to be left alone. Need forces her to follow, moving at a slow pace as he sprints onward.
This carries on for some time. He spends himself rather quickly, and as she hunts for him, trailing paths that can’t possibly be his but still could be his, calling out for him mentally to no avail.
And when at last, when she feels that she will never find him or anything at all, the Gods present her with the presence of two mares.
Their conversation has already begun by the time that’s caught them, arriving late to the party. She arrives just in time to catch a single name. Elspeth.
In the moonlight, they’re both true symbols of beauty. The low lighting seems to give them the touch they desire, the darker of three almost seems to be crafted just to be seen in its light, and so suddenly, she feels as if she is the dull one. She is taller than both, a plain slate against two fine murals. Her coat doesn’t drink in the milky light like fine wine, nor does it seemingly illuminate in its glow.
A short amount of words keeps her from speaking straight away. She is simply just too caught in the displays of feminine beauty to-
“Gaaaayyy.”
Oh, shut up.
“You gay. You very gay.”

He strolls in like he owns the place, with lazy pride and no acknowledgement to anyone. Even when he was situated himself atop Sikeax’s back, resting with his limbs and tail limp, yellow eyes studying the two females to see what all of her ‘thoughts’ are about, he finds nothing about them truly mesmerizing as she seems to, but that’s just his opinion.
“Get going.”
She wishes she could hit him as she clears her throat, trying to subtly announce herself. “Uhh..” That’s not how you do it. “I’m Sikeax, the Sun Physician for the Dragon’s Throat.” That’s better. “How are each of you tonight?”
Her voice exchanges for a more collected tone, soft, sweet, as welcoming as she can manage to make it despite the fact that there has always been something about the Threshold that makes her uneasy. Hopefully, it’ll make up for her possible embarrassment of an entrance earlier.

OOC: Hobgoblin is in his black serval form.
songs about happiness, murmured in dreams,
when both us knew how the end always is

image credit

@Elspeth @Luna

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Luna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I don't just wish you rain, Beloved
I wish you the beauty of storms

Hello. A voice soft and warm perked the ink washed lobes of the moon mistress. She half-expected no one to answer her curious call. Not so quickly. Icy pools lifted from the darkness of the forest to settle upon a cream mare with soft amber spots upon her muzzle. In the shadow of the night, the most she could make out about the mare was the elegance of her face. She couldn't help but glance to the shoulders of the maiden, somewhat relieved that no wings perched upon her shoulders. 'Thank the god-' Her thoughts froze instantly as she returned her gaze to the head of the dame. 'Why you sneaky little abomination you.' A gentle huff escaped her nostrils as she gazed upon the unicorn, Elspeth as she did her best to untangle the cloth around her auburn locks.

"I am new, yes." Tones were mild and the least bit concerned. She'll admit, the cream mare had her going for a minute thinking she was equine till those little pathetic prongs made their way into view. At least it wasn't a stallion that had found her first. Because wouldn't that just be disastorous. She would play it cool, for now, the night child wasn't one to cause a scene without cause. Helovia she called this place. Silently, she was hoping she hadn't made the mistake of trespassing. She didn't feel like playing pathetic prisoner tonight.

Roan hues mix and mingle upon her spine as the light from the above canopy play with her appearance. Though before she could give her name, someone else waltzed into the local gathering. Poll elevated as icy liquid pools rested upon another shimmering horn as it emerged from the shadows. 'Another unicorn? Has this place no purity?' She groans within her mind as her head slumps a little in annoyance. She had found this Helovia. 'Hell-ovia alright.'

A fierce glance was given to the black serval upon the champagne mares spine. Perched there as if it owned the mare. Her introductions followed as the storm minx noted her name and title. Curious, if she was of some importance; back home you didn't obtain a title without earning it first. Her inquiry of their well being made her chuckle. "Doing well." She lied, as she'd rather not be around such creatures of impurity. Frankly it was giving her the heebie-jeebies. "I am Luna.." Lyrics spilled bluntly, gaze shifting between the two false beings. "Helovia, the land of the Unicorns?" She teased; hoping to the gods she was very mistaken. She couldn't stand the thought of being trapped in a land of unicorns. Surely, she wasn't the last.

ooc: She will end up going to the Throat (big mistake on her part xD)

- the daughter of the night
Image Credit to Asperette.Deviantart.com

@Sikeax - Sarah said we could skip her since Luna is going to the throat. <3

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

SIKEAX
i never said i'd stay to the end

Hobgoblin pushes into her sunburns and drags long claws against the frail pieces of skin as he watches, tail flicking with aggression as the mares slowly, but surely, capture his attention. Eyes are drawn to him, and he is no stranger to audiences. The flicking of his tail turns into violent thrashing as his own yellow eyes cling to the mare now named Luna.
Sikeax does not pay attention when he slips from her hide. She is busy with trying to make herself look more collected, hiding the winces and cringes that he had attempted to bring forth while using her as his own personal throne. Words flow from her lips like she’s perfected this in the past years, but in reality, she has rarely ever taken the plunge.
“Your name really suits you.
“Compliment you.”
At any other time, a glance would have been fired, made up of hard eyes and a cold expression that prompts him to stop. She uses it on Zhu and Tyrath a lot, courtesy of him. He’s assisted her in perfecting it in nearly every way he can.
Shut up.
She nearly whispers it to him as he strolls away, back turned to her. A mental sigh is taken as he chuckles.
“No, not all at all actually. There’s many more equines and some pegasi. We coexist,” A look of disgust is made from wrinkled nose and dark eyes as she registers that the other mare that she had been admiring moments ago reeked of the Aurora basin. “unlike some of us, who think they are better than all others.”
She thinks of this as maybe a chance to spit in the face of them. They make her sick. She’s only recently rediscovered her dislike for the Aurora Basin as a whole, but it returns with the passion that the entire Dragon’s Throat had felt for it when Kri was still in power. “Would you like to come back to the Throat with me? It’s a lot more comfortable to talk there and maybe rest some? You must be tired.”
Wouldn’t that be a treat, getting to take someone back to the Throat just because she hated the idea of the Aurora Basin trying to make itself look better?

OOC: I'm really sorry if this is a tad bit off. I pushed it the entire way.
If Luna wants to come back with Sikeax, Sia can auto-accept her and you can run around and do whatever after saying that's she seen the Throat and what not.

songs about happiness, murmured in dreams,
when both us knew how the end always is

image credit

@Luna

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed