the Rift

[PRIVATE] Heal Ye, Heal Ye!

Seanan Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 2.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 17 :: 9 HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Rien
When Ashamin spoke, Seanan's eyes flicked back to him.  The gaze was heavy, considering, as if wondering what brought the queer, apologetic tone to his voice. There was a hint of impatience in the lines of his body and the restless flick of his ears.  In truth, he had not noticed the turned cheek (nor would he have known what to do with it if he had).  He had simply seen the problem at hand and was prepared to do what his minimal skill would allow.

Worry wrankled in his gut.  He was not truly a healer, only a dabbler working from memories.  He let none of this show, his body language and expression controlled to the minutiae.  Instead he portrayed a harried sort of impatience and a quiet confidence that was not, exactly, true.  So strange that he could easily lie with his body, but rarely did with his words.  The stranger gives his name and the white stallion's head snaps back around to study him, eyes quickly drawn to the soon revealed wound.

"Try to be still- I don't take kindly to being knocked over the head."  There is the hint of a smile at the quirk of his lips but his tone is dead-pan as he glances up at the pegasus's broad wing.  His nod to Ashamin's request is absent minded.  "It needs to be cleaned first."

Then he is too busy to narrate, using moss and water from the pool to clean the worst of the foreign material, dried blood and rot from the wound until the blood runs clean.  Bleeding is not ideal for Ryouta he thinks, but it does help flush the wound.  

"Marigold will help prevent further infection, and comfrey will help hold the flesh together, to heal." He speaks as though reciting from memory- and for a moment he can hear the whisper of a melodious old voice in the back of his mind, feeding the curiosity of a younger generation.  He plasters the wet, sticky mash of root and petals across the stallion's side, then covers it with the broad leaves he brought, pleased that he had everything he needed.  Willow would have been nice to give to the stallion for the pain, he muses as he steps back.

"There.  Try not to get it wet for a few days- when it dries the leaves will begin to peel off and you should wash then.  If the flesh has not begun to scab and heal than another poultice should be applied."  He speaks with a confidence that isn't entirely his, but he would rather the stallion believe that he full knows what he is doing.

"There is a tree, a willow if you know it. The inner bark can help with the pain if you need it."  He huffs a soft breath and though his question is for both he looks to Ashamin.  "Any questions?"

OOC:// I hope you don't mind I just sort of pushed through this part.  If anything about it feels power-play-y to you go ahead and let me know and I'll fix it.
All interactions are go, short of death and permanent crippling.

Messages In This Thread
Heal Ye, Heal Ye! - by Ashamin - 07-14-2016, 07:29 AM
RE: Heal Ye, Heal Ye! - by Ryouta - 07-14-2016, 02:03 PM
RE: Heal Ye, Heal Ye! - by Seanan - 07-14-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: Heal Ye, Heal Ye! - by Ashamin - 07-17-2016, 06:20 PM
RE: Heal Ye, Heal Ye! - by Ryouta - 07-19-2016, 08:01 PM
RE: Heal Ye, Heal Ye! - by Seanan - 07-20-2016, 08:39 AM
RE: Heal Ye, Heal Ye! - by Ashamin - 07-20-2016, 09:05 AM
RE: Heal Ye, Heal Ye! - by Ryouta - 07-21-2016, 02:59 PM