the Rift

[PRIVATE] Heal Ye, Heal Ye!

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
The Clovenheart

Though Ryouta does not attempt to comfort Ashamin, he does just that. Being who he was, it had not occurred to Ashamin that he could let things be rather than beat them to death, over and over, in some sort of wretched cycle of guilt. Turning things over in his mind had done him little good and perhaps made him think worse of himself than he should. And though he did not desire to live without any sort of moral code, the concept of letting bygones be bygones and understanding that some of his straying had been beyond his control had not occurred to him until the stranger had presented it so simply. But having no time to respond, having no words prepared with which to thank him, Ashamin only nodded and adopted a half, sad smile.

Within moments of Seanan’s arrival the Clovenheart learned that the name of the Pegasus who’d followed him so far was Ryouta, and he wondered then if the moniker had been withheld as a sort of collateral. Until I feel the herbs on my skin, you’ll know nothing of my being. Ashamin held his tongue, though, for he took no issue or insult with Ryouta’s preference to remain anonymous for as long as he had. The wilds could take a toll on one’s being, and it was easy to think that you stood on your own. That was, of course, in part why Ashamin had founded the Unbound—to combat that anxiety—but he wouldn’t fault Ryouta for likely feeling what was natural.

He focused instead on Seanan’s process, for as soon as the nod of approval was given he felt as if the opportunity to learn something entirely new had appeared before him. Ashamin was suddenly hungry for knowledge, and Lochan watched with similar eagerness. The process was methodical, and most of the names were foreign, but by the time the wound was clean Ashamin had a rudimentary understanding, at least, on how to care for more severe wounds. He had a feeling the knowledge would be quite useful for his own injuries, too.

At the mention of willow his ears perked up, for that was something he knew. Ashamin knew that the painkiller should not be his first order of business, however, so he spoke of other things and informalities before bringing it up.

"Thank you Seanan," the Clovenheart said with a nod, "I don’t have any questions, no. But I appreciate you showing me your process. You’re a great asset to The Unbound." His thanks were genuine, but he did not expect much in response. Seanan had seemed irritable, and both confident and skilled enough that he did not need compliments from one who knew so little of healing. "And Ryouta, do you feel better?" he asked, testing the pegasus’ name on his tongue. There was a subtle widening of his smile when he invoked the name that had been hidden for so long, and then he remembered the willow. "I know of a grove, in the Southwest, where willows grow. If you would like, I could send one of my companions to collect some for you, or journey there with you myself if you’d like to stay on the move." Lochan looked at Ryouta then, as if to assure the stallion that he knew the way and would do as Ashamin told if commanded. Ryouta may not have been the most grateful at first, but Ashamin and Lochan were warming up to the stallion.

""

image credits

@Ryouta (did you want to be tagged I forget oh dear oh no what does it matter tags never work for me)

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Heal Ye, Heal Ye! - by Ashamin - 07-14-2016, 07:29 AM
RE: Heal Ye, Heal Ye! - by Ryouta - 07-14-2016, 02:03 PM
RE: Heal Ye, Heal Ye! - by Seanan - 07-14-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: Heal Ye, Heal Ye! - by Ashamin - 07-17-2016, 06:20 PM
RE: Heal Ye, Heal Ye! - by Ryouta - 07-19-2016, 08:01 PM
RE: Heal Ye, Heal Ye! - by Seanan - 07-20-2016, 08:39 AM
RE: Heal Ye, Heal Ye! - by Ashamin - 07-20-2016, 09:05 AM
RE: Heal Ye, Heal Ye! - by Ryouta - 07-21-2016, 02:59 PM