the Rift

Grounded without a Family. [OPEN!]

Gemini Posts: 10
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 3 months
Dream

The little filly stumbled into the lands of Helovia, large wings slightly opened to help her keep her balance. From her dark mouth came a loud cry. "Mother! Father! I want you back!" The blue roan wanted her mother, her father. Her herd. Her teal eyes were wide with fright as she stumbled around. White edged wings were unable to fly, due to having never been taught. Finding a tree, the blue roan filly wandered over to the tree and collapsed underneath it. She curled her legs under her wings and nestled her head on top of one of her large wings as tears began to leave her eyes.

She missed her old life, with her parents and herd. They had been taken from her brutally, and she had seen things no filly should ever had to have seen. Her parents, ripped apart by wolves. Her pink nose was moved from on top of her wing to rest underneath. Tucked into her primaries were a few feathers from those of her parents, something to remember them by. The blue roan sniffled, closing her eyes as she shifted slightly. Her large wings made the perfect blanket for the young filly, keeping her safe and warm underneath the long dark grey and white feathers. She nestled herself underneath the feathers, vowing to keep herself under this tree under her blanket of feathers until someone came to find her. If someone came to protect her. To take her in as their own and teach her to fly for the first time.

She walks. | "She talks." | She thinks.

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
THE CLOVENHEART
on his own

This way, Lochan said, speaking urgently into the channels of their bond. Rakt kept pace with Ashamin, speeding the Clovenheart's steps with magic, while Lochan led them forward towards the source of the cries. In the Tallsun heat, at the height of the day, all three of their pelts were heavy with sweat and distress. Even from afar, when the words were muffled, the pitch of the voice and the innocent fear in its tone was clear. The one calling, the one lost, was a child.

Ashamin was a father of three, and a caring one at that. It didn't matter if this child was his or not, if it was in danger then the Clovenheart would do his best to protect it. Any child calling for its parents was a child that had suffered a loss, if only a temporary one. Ashamin knew the feeling all too well.

"Hello?" Ashamin called back, slowing his pace when Lochan appeared before him, standing still at the edge of a clearing. The painted buck's black eyes narrowed as he searched for the foal, but when he saw nothing his companions were forced to lead him closer. It was only when he rounded the large trunk of a tree that he saw her, wrapped in her own dappled white and grey wings and in the shade of a tree so that she looked almost more like a pile of snow-covered leaves than a living being.

"Child, is that you?" he asked softly, lowering his posture instinctively as he had done so many times with Rein. "My name is Ashamin. Everything is going to be alright," the Clovenheart told her softly, knowing then that he had to keep the promise. He exhaled, hoping his warm breath would be a comforting presence to the youth, before lifting his gaze and looking around for her parents.

But there was no one to be found.

""
image credits

I don't believe we've rped before, so welcome! Ashamin is not a part of a herd, he instead represents a group called The Unbound, you can check us out in that link!

Would you like to be tagged in the future, @Gemini?

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Lourdes Posts: 9
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: Five
wren.

I'M  BIGGER THAN THESE BONES

Had she not just left this forest? The Threshold was unchanged, the trees just tall, dark watchers that spread out in every direction. Lourdes supposed she shouldn’t have expected any different, it hadn’t been long at all since she’d been courted here by a trio of suitors vying to snatch her up like a rare collectible. Was that why she’d come here – to keep the cycle going and bring more wanderers to the misty forests of the Edge? Mauja had never told her that was one of her responsibilities and Lourdes had little interest in the unnecessary social interaction. She was content to slink among the trees alone, casting pensive glances at the shadows that had coughed her up here in the first place.

And yet – ‘Mother! Father! I want you back!’

The young witch’s course of direction changed without conscious thought. Instinct always took over when there were children involved. Irritable and disinclined toward social interaction as she may be, Lourdes always had harbored a soft spot for the young and alone. The terror in the voice that had pierced the forest wrapped a cold fist around the mare’s insides and she upped her pace, white-eyed gaze scanning the shadows for a tiny body.

When she found the little filly all curled up and tucked beneath her own too-large wings, it became evident that Lourdes had not been the only one to hear her cries. A stranger (though, wasn’t everyone a stranger to the witch?) was standing over the child, cooing something gentle in an attempt to calm her. For a second, the Pegasus considering turning and leaving, avoiding the imminent interaction with the black and white unicorn that was sure to come if she stayed. Another glance toward the terrified little one whose coloration was not so different from her own had Lourdes staying, drawn close by maternal instinct. “You’re safe now, child.” Her voice was low and certain and when the stallion rose to glance around, Lourdes leaned in, running a gentle touch along the filly’s wing. “I am Lourdes…” Of the World’s Edge? Uncertainty fell on her like a brick, but she cast it aside. This wasn’t some travel-worn wanderer to be claimed; this child was frightened and needed to be looked after. “Do you have a name?”

a note | hope you don't mind us popping in - lourdes has an awful soft spot for babies c:

@Gemini
please tag lourdes in all threads | force/magic permitted | permission required before serious injuries occur

Outcast
Dream

The little blue roan was huddling beneath her wings when she heard a voice call 'Hello?'. She remained curled under her wings, watching with bright teal eyes as the unicorn came closer. The Pegasus had seen unicorns before, but had never seen these things that travelled with the unicorn. Her white socked front leg spread in front of her as she untucked a slender leg from under her wings. Her curiosity almost got the best of her, and then she huddled herself back under her wings. She wanted her mother. Her father. Not this stranger. Wide teal eyes stared out from a dark face, the space between them interrupted by a wide white blaze that travelled down her dished face.

Her attention was diverted towards another voice as another Pegasus approached. Teal eyes watched her cautiously, curled ears turning to face forward. For a half second she believed it was her mother, come to fetch her. And then when she approached and spoke, the little filly curled back into herself. It was not her mother. Her mother was never coming for her ever again. Nor would her father. As this thought ran through her mind, she let out another cry. Curled ears heard the mare's voice as the mare asked her name. "G-Gemini. My mama called me Gemini..." She said quietly, still curled under her wings.

The filly was frightened. Her parents had been killed, and now these strangers were talking to her, in a land she didn't know. The filly was young, and had seen too many terrors for one so young. The small filly watched the two strangers with wide eyes. The unicorn stallion had said everything would be alright. Nothing would ever be alright again. Her parents weren't with her. Without them, the world was turned upside down for the filly. She couldn't even fly yet, despite fully grown wings that surpassed her own body length.

OOC Note: Thanks! with posts involving Gemini, I would like to be tagged @Gemini ^^ And no problem x3 Tis an open thread

She walks. | "She talks." | She thinks.

@Lourdes @Ashamin

Hera Posts: 50
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3 Months
nickel

It had been a few short months since the filly had been brave enough to even attempt to come back to the place with so many horrid memories. Her life had been forever changed within the walls of this forest and it still saddened the youngster to think about her mother never coming back. Time had helped a little bit but the wounds were still raw on the inside and having this forest here was just an ugly reminder. She could remember it like it was yesterday, there was rain and wind, and lots of loud noises with lightning. Her mother had gotten seperated from her at some point between the clashes leaving her all alone against the storm until someone had found her and brought her to the only home she knew here in Helovia.

She wasn't quite sure what had drawn her back to this strange place but she was still wary of it. Walking along quietly through the trees just about every noise had her ready to flee for her life. A twig here, a bird there why was everything so scary?!? Pausing for a couple moments to try and collect her thoughts she was just about to turn around and head back to the Edge when voices drifted through the brush to catch her ear. Freezing mid step she at first thought that it was someone talking to her until she realized that nobody was watching her. Turning back she took a couple hesitant steps towards the voices before she gathered her courage and moved along with a little more purpose. Spotting the grown-ups she hesitated until she found the source of the smallest voice between the trio, a Pegasus filly that looked to be around her age all huddled up underneath her wings. Thinking back to the day she had found herself in the same position she took a few bold steps forward ignoring the adults and focusing on the girl named Gemini.

Approaching her carefully she dropped herself down until she was laying in front of Gemini, her head ducked down to try and see underneath her wings. "You don't have to be scared." She whispered softly hoping that the girl would respond to her. "I'm Hera, you could come with me if you want."

Hera Speaks

•• TAGS: @Ashamin , @Lourdes , @Gemini •• NOTES: Hope you don't mind Hera dropping in ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: hera_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4d_by_moonstone_...9ggy0h.png]
Please Tag Me In All Threads

Chaska Posts: 9
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 5.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hands :: 3 HP: 62.0 | Buff: Novice
Chaska
Chaska moved slowly through the undergrowth, tucking his mottled wings to his sides. He emerged to see Ashamin and three others he didn't know. He nodded his head towards his dark friend in greeting. He surveyed the scene before him, taking everything in. But his emerald orbs were drawn to a young pegasus that seemed to be shriveling before his eyes. A memory of his younger sister flashed before his eyes, a frightened filly who had just lost her father and her mother under the control of the killer. The stallions ebony tail swished away the memory quickly and he focused on the teal eyed filly.

The golden buckskin sabino stallion lowered his head to the level of the youngster and smiled gently. His deep voice rumbled his wide chest as he spoke softly, "Hello dear. I am Chaska, my friend Ashamin and I won't bring any harm to you little one. You know I had a little sister that you remind me of. About the same age by the looks of it. I had just began to teach her to fly when our world was turned upside down. When we lost our father and we knew we were to lose our mother as well we relied on each other for support. Now, I am sure you are hungry and frightened, we can help you. I am sure Ashamin knows of a place that has some apple trees or at least some lush tender greenery. We could accompany you there? I did not catch your name little one?" his deep green eyes were soft as newly emerged fern tendrils.

The sabino male folded his legs beneath himself as he lowered his body down. He would lie down beside the scared filly and unfolded one side of his feathered wings ever so slowly and laid it across the young pegasus. Warmth flooded through him as memories broke the dam he tried to create. The feeling of a small fragile body under his wing made the young stallion's eyelids slide shut momentarily as a calm encased him.

Opening his eyes after a moment he looked to the two females and smiled at them as well. He nodded his head at them in greeting before looking to his side beneath his ivory and ink splattered wing at the youngster once more.

"A promise means EVERYTHING. But once it is broken, sorry means NOTHING."

[Image: chaskadasize_by_bonjourbunnie-dabox3w.png]

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
THE CLOVENHEART
on his own

The mare and filly that arrived did not introduce themselves as belonging to a herd, but Ashamin thought he could scent the mists of the World's Edge sticking to them--if he close his eyes, he could envision it rolling off their backs. They had a home, tethers made of air and heart and something that he, in all his selfishness, had left behind. But the Clovenheart had not abandoned those he loved, and he had not abandoned the concept of loyalty. No, rather he loved stronger in the wilds, cared deeper. In these woods and shores where all had to defend himself, it meant more to him when he found someone who was willing to fight for him.

Chaska had signed up to be one such stallion, and so when Ashamin saw the buckskin approaching he immediately brightened. The fact that the filly's fear had not dissipated troubled the Clovenheart, for it seemed that the actions of none of those gathered had done much to calm her. She offered her name though, at least, and that was something. Gemini. It was a lovely name. Briefly, he cast a glance of thanks at the mare who had coaxed it out of the child.

Ashamin had never thought much about species differences in his life until the moment that followed. Despite the fact that Zahra had saved his life rather than the other way around, he had thought of her in moments to be like a daughter to him, or at least family. Einarr had also been a close friend, despite the fact that they had not spoken in quite some time.

But what did it mean to be one with wings while someone you loved was grounded? Why was it that Zahra had left the Basin without a word, or that Einarr had fled their spar on the very wings Ashamin had so admired. Despite his best efforts, the Clovenheart could never soar the way that his friends had. When Chaska spoke to Gemini of his family, of flying lessons, and moved his wings to comfort the filly's, Ashamin felt that twinge of failure once again.

"Chaska..." Ashamin breathed, his voice numb with admiration as the stallion moved like any father would. If not for a soft lowing emitting from Lochan's lips, the Clovenheart might have become lost in that moment. But no, Chaska had made promises that the painted buck would have to keep. Luckily enough, he could.

"Chaska is right, Gemini" Ashamin said, repeating the stallion's name with more confidence. "I have lived here long, and roamed all of Helovia with my companions. If you wanted, Chaska and I could provide you with safe shelter. We could protect you," he said, leaning down to the filly before adding on, "and I do believe I know of a particularly tasty apple tree nearby." Vaguely, Rakt's ears perked. This filly wasn't the only one who might be hungry.

""
image credits

@Lourdes

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Outcast
Dream

The Pegasus filly continued to huddle under her too-large wings. Her eyes widened as she saw another young filly's head appear in front of her. She let out a startled snort, cowering even further under her wings in fright. And then another male's head ducked down to her level. The young filly trembled slightly, but her curved ears perked forward slightly at the mention of food. Nostrils quivered as she listened to the Pegasus stallion speak of food and apparently a sister.

And then the blue roan filly felt the weight and warmth of a wing gently set on top of her. A whimper escaped her, as it was something her mother had done to her before she had gone to sleep at night. The little filly gathered her legs underneath her, pushing herself off the ground. She still trembled in fear of being surrounded by so many unknown horses. Teal blue gaze darted between all those who wanted to help her, and then her eyes shot to the Pegasus stallion who had introduced himself as Chaska.

Spreading her wings slightly to help her balance after being curled up for so long. Gemini moved towards Chaska, aiming to huddle back under his wing and press against his side. By her motions, she had chosen to go with the buckskin stallion. In the back of her mind, his motions had reminded the little filly of her parents whom she missed dearly. None would take their place, but she needed a guardian and someone to teach her to fly as well.

She wanted her mother and father back, but alas she would not get them. Her teal eyes closed tightly for a moment as the images of their bodies flashed through her mind. Their death was something that a filly of her age should have never had to see, and the image was burned in the back of her mind for the rest of her life. "I...I wanna go with him." She said, trying to snuggle up closer underneath Chaska's wing as she glanced between him and Ashamin.

OOC: Skipped Lourdes because 48 hours passed

Text. "Speech."