the Rift

Grounded without a Family. [OPEN!]

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
THE CLOVENHEART
on his own

The mare and filly that arrived did not introduce themselves as belonging to a herd, but Ashamin thought he could scent the mists of the World's Edge sticking to them--if he close his eyes, he could envision it rolling off their backs. They had a home, tethers made of air and heart and something that he, in all his selfishness, had left behind. But the Clovenheart had not abandoned those he loved, and he had not abandoned the concept of loyalty. No, rather he loved stronger in the wilds, cared deeper. In these woods and shores where all had to defend himself, it meant more to him when he found someone who was willing to fight for him.

Chaska had signed up to be one such stallion, and so when Ashamin saw the buckskin approaching he immediately brightened. The fact that the filly's fear had not dissipated troubled the Clovenheart, for it seemed that the actions of none of those gathered had done much to calm her. She offered her name though, at least, and that was something. Gemini. It was a lovely name. Briefly, he cast a glance of thanks at the mare who had coaxed it out of the child.

Ashamin had never thought much about species differences in his life until the moment that followed. Despite the fact that Zahra had saved his life rather than the other way around, he had thought of her in moments to be like a daughter to him, or at least family. Einarr had also been a close friend, despite the fact that they had not spoken in quite some time.

But what did it mean to be one with wings while someone you loved was grounded? Why was it that Zahra had left the Basin without a word, or that Einarr had fled their spar on the very wings Ashamin had so admired. Despite his best efforts, the Clovenheart could never soar the way that his friends had. When Chaska spoke to Gemini of his family, of flying lessons, and moved his wings to comfort the filly's, Ashamin felt that twinge of failure once again.

"Chaska..." Ashamin breathed, his voice numb with admiration as the stallion moved like any father would. If not for a soft lowing emitting from Lochan's lips, the Clovenheart might have become lost in that moment. But no, Chaska had made promises that the painted buck would have to keep. Luckily enough, he could.

"Chaska is right, Gemini" Ashamin said, repeating the stallion's name with more confidence. "I have lived here long, and roamed all of Helovia with my companions. If you wanted, Chaska and I could provide you with safe shelter. We could protect you," he said, leaning down to the filly before adding on, "and I do believe I know of a particularly tasty apple tree nearby." Vaguely, Rakt's ears perked. This filly wasn't the only one who might be hungry.

""
image credits

@Lourdes

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Grounded without a Family. [OPEN!] - by Gemini - 07-13-2016, 09:13 PM
RE: Grounded without a Family. [OPEN!] - by Hera - 07-14-2016, 07:16 PM
RE: Grounded without a Family. [OPEN!] - by Ashamin - 07-15-2016, 02:13 PM