the Rift

[OPEN] Unchained

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
this old world has brought me pain
               but there's hope for me again
My smile seems to draw the brilliant stag closer, coaxing a smile to his unique face. I am entranced by both the beauty and the bulk of him; though we are of a height, he is wider and more muscular than I. If he were an equine stallion, I would no doubt be frightened, timid and afraid to be alone with him. But he is an elk, and there is something calming about him that leaves me curious rather than nervous. He walks slowly towards me, and I giggle softly when he calls me a doe. It is clearly meant to be a polite greeting, and though it strikes me as strange to be referred to in such a manner, I cannot say that it bothers me. In fact, I find the title rather pleasing, almost as though it is a special moniker that he has bestowed upon me and only me. It's rather silly of me, but it puts me even more at ease.

His words are slow and purposeful, as though he measures the worth of each one before allowing it to pass his lips. "I am fairly new to Helovia as well, kind sir," I admit softly, an almost sheepish smile upon my maw. "My herd-mates told me of this place. They called it the Ancient Rotunda, and promised me that it would be a masterpiece to behold." I paused, glancing about at the almost magical structure. Its many hues dance across the marbled floor, the metal work casting intricate shadows within. "They did not lie."

My attention returns to the stag, who has taken a polite mouthful of grass. I do the same, not wishing to be rude by watching him as he eats. The tuft of greenery cuts easily, and I set it down to nudge it (just to be sure, you never can tell with these things) before consuming it with a dainty swallow. The elk's voice catches my attention and I look to him, my head raising from its proximity to the ground. My head tilts to the side in almost puzzled consideration of his words. Again, a girlish, pleased giggle escapes me. "Oh, you are too kind!" I chide. "There are many Helovians who are prettier than I." Even as I denied the compliment, it warmed me to hear all the same.

"But no, I am not; I fell through the Rifts. It's... well, I suppose it's been many moons since, hasn't it?" I muse, almost to myself. How long has it been since I left my homeland, escaped my father's evil ways? "I was trying to leave my homeland, but I wasn't planning on ending up quite so far away." It is almost rueful, the way I speak of it; but in truth, I could not be happier to be out of my father's clutches, without the magic that he had abused so horribly. "I am happy here, though. It is not what I expected it to be, but I am pleased to have made a home within its borders. From what land do you hail, dear sir?"

"Persephone speaks."
Persephone
Image by Xyroca

@Leif - says I want this to move quickly, takes ten years to respond. A+ for me.
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Unchained - by Persephone - 07-14-2016, 12:11 PM
RE: Unchained - by Leif - 07-19-2016, 03:45 PM
RE: Unchained - by Persephone - 08-06-2016, 01:22 PM
RE: Unchained - by Leif - 08-11-2016, 07:56 PM
RE: Unchained - by Persephone - 08-25-2016, 07:02 PM