the Rift

[PRIVATE] [Earth or Sun] Gifts of the Lost

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
     Lived unbruised,
we are friends; and I’m sorry, I’m sorry.
Sigh no more.

Ashamin had neither seen nor heard of the Gods since leaving the Aurora Basin, and for a brief time there had almost been some comfort to take in that. But his belief was not fickle, and his loyalty did not wane. While he may have been frustrated with the God of the Spark, the Clovenheart had taken the time he needed to, had the talks with Phantom and himself, and found there was little point in holding on to the irritation. Time would, of course, have an understandable toll on the length of one’s fuse. Being the god of all of it was surely a burden larger than one Ashamin could understand, so who was he, really, to judge?

All he knew was that now time seemed long. Contrary to what others may have felt after leaving a position granted by that god, Ashamin did not feel crushed by the sudden weight of his mortality. Perhaps that was why he had taken his time, and had not quickened his pace on the long, winding journey to the veins of the gods.

But he was here now, and after so long the whole of it looked strange and different to him. To begin with it was day, and a bright, hot one at that. The holy place wore Tallsun well, and in tragic comparison Ashamin looked rather worse for wear. Though most of his wounds from recent spars were healed, thanks to the passive magic coursing through his veins, he still stepped more gingerly on the leg Seanan had so swiftly cast into injury. His muscles were building, but so too was the count of his scars. He was only thankful that his companions, who leaped almost merrily behind him now, had managed to gain experience in combat without suffering any serious wounds.

Given the heat, the Clovenheart had chosen to leave most of his heavier gear behind in the meadow. He wore only his necklace and Mriga, held tight in the sheath made by Johnny. Ashamin smiled at the thought of the sugar stallion, but did not linger on old relationships. He was here in part, after all, to build new ones.

Which was why, despite his newfound respect for the God of the Spark, it was not his broken shrine that Ashamin stood before. He passed by the Moon Goddess’ wind-battered shrine and gave a nod of respect, of hello, for he could not know that the God of the Spark had passed along the message. And when he settled, and his two companions stood flanking his weary soul, it was before the shrines of the Earth and Sun. For these were the Gods he knew the least, and the ones whose company he sought.

In silence, he pulled Mriga from his sheath and lay its twin blade on the earth before the shrines. If any god chose to come, it was this weapon that he would ask to be enchanted. If the scars on his hide had taught him anything, it was that he could never be too prepared.

""

Using the VOTG pass off my prize list! I believe any god would work... but I requested Earth or Sun because I want him to get a chance to meet some gods he doesn't already know (ie Spark and Moony.)

Ashamin is seeking the following enchantments (both approved,) for his haladie, aka Mriga:
:: Carvings on blades create a circuit that generates harmful electricity.
:: Steel reflects light in a way that causes its pattern to look as if it is moving and disorient.

@Mythical Request.

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

The God was used to mortals of all shapes, sizes, and beliefs visiting the decaying shrines that hung on the precipice of the earth. Allegiance was only a single variable in the equation of desire and the complexities of a mortal soul. Magic for an individual did not always reflect the faith or herd they belonged to. And sometimes, any magic would do. This particular gleaming gem of a soul had once belonged to his brother's flock, and yet now...his spirit was dusted with earth and freedom, boundless and untied. The God watched, a silent and intangible presence, as the stallion placed his weapon upon the stone like an offering. And yet no words accompanied his request, though the Lord could have easily plucked it from his mind if he so desired.

Instead, the mighty beast gave a gentle smile and appeared before Ashamin in the space of a blink, dust and earth falling in a soft whispering cadence from his skin. Tallsun was especially hot this year, and so he would reflect his brother's decisions just as the earth did the sun. Fanning wings settle at muscular sides, and warm eyes descend upon the painted buck.

"Not even a word of request from one who had held the title of Haruspex?" But it is a playfully teasing chastisement if one at all. Long, sap-like tail flicked around idly, sweeping against his legs as the God dropped his gaze to where the weapon lay on the humble pedestal of stone. A soft, contemplative hum rumbled in his throat as he regarded the inverted curved blades. But he would not do all the work, and looked expectantly at Ashamin with a kind smile.

"What is it you seek from this blade, Ashamin?" He had evolved from a quiet, peaceful soul to a warrior. A faithful prophet to a wandering teacher. Much about Ashamin had changed, and already the God knew what he would ask of this mighty fellow.

Only one enchantment can be quested for at a time! Ashamin can choose which one he would like to pursue here.

CREDITS

Lived unbruised,
Sigh no more.

The Clovenheart was not waiting for a long time before a god appeared before him. He was almost surprised to see that The God of the Earth had appeared—half of him had suspected Spark to arrive in a fit of laughter. Then again, perhaps they were both taking a break from each other’s company. The Aurora Basin surely had a new haruspex that was taking up what little fraction of time The God of the Spark allocated for mortals.

"Forgive me, great God of the Earth," Ashamin began with a voice as solid as the stone upon which he stood, "I suppose I’ve grown accustomed to your brother’s preference of starting conversations such as these. He did not always take so kindly to being asked after."

There was something like a smile that came with the realization that, even now, Ashamin was still submissive to some. Bravery came with many things, but it would not overshadow his respect for the Gods he so believed in. Whether they were aiding him or Helovia at large, Helovia held a certain trust in the deities that he would defer to their habits and preferences before his own. After all, hadn’t he left the Aurora Basin after taking the God of the Spark’s advice? And as bitter as that electric immortal could seem, there was no denying that the Clovenheart was much better for departing his herdland.

Thus, despite his vague knowledge of this God’s kinder character, Ashamin did not wish to keep the massive power waiting. "This Haladie, Mriga, was gifted to me by an old friend. I belive now that she might be lost to me, and so this is a treasure I hold even more dear. She pulled it from the water, and I believe it took some of that element with it," Ashamin said, nudging its grip to turn the blade and show off its unique pattern. Never before had he seen steel such as that of his weapon. "I wish to enchant its blades and bring to life this steel that has served me so well. I have come to you for guidance, Earth lord, for your understanding of water and the metals that make up this land."

His plea was direct but sincere; his black eyes were full of a quiet loss that he did not wish to dwell on. Even when he had last been in the Aurora Basin, Ki’irha’s absence had weighed heavy upon him. Now that she was gone, it was important that he treasure her gift and use it in his new life as a means of protecting the Unbound.

""

Alright, thanks for letting me know! I misunderstood before. In that case...

Ashamin is seeking the following enchantment for his haladie, aka Mriga:
:: Steel reflects light in a way that causes its pattern to look as if it is moving and disorient.

@Mythical Request

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

The God of the Earth gave a tender, playful smile as Ashamin immediately began quite the sincere apology. It was no surprise to the Lord that his brother was far more fickle, they were brothers after all. He knew him quite well. "We are all of a different personality, despite being siblings," the celestial laughed, a deep rumbling sound that shook loose dirt in a shower of dust from his dark coat. It coated the stone in a fine layer like snow, and his eyes drew downwards towards the blade as Ashamin drew his attention back towards what he sought here in the Veins. It was a beautiful creation, and one that held a part of Ashamin's heart and history, if the words and the way he spoke them were any indication.

With a slight gleaning into his mind, the God of the Earth caught a glimpse of Ki'irha and the moment of reception, the vague outline of how Ashamin felt for the mare. He could not ask a quest for Ashamin without it being a quest. Something that would aid him, change and develop him. Perhaps when he returned to the Veins, to him, Ashamin would be slightly changed. Hopefully for the better.

"Hmm...it is a fine blade, Ashamin." The Lord stepped closer to it, gazing upon the design. "I will do this for you, Clovenheart. But as you know, no magic comes without a price, an equivalent exchange if you will." With a mysterious, yet paternal smile, the God lifted his eyes to Ashamin's dark voids. Wings curled at dusted sides, and the Lord finally settled upon his decision.

"This blade was given to you by someone very precious to you, my child. And they may not be near you now, but many others have carried you on their shoulders and in their hearts to support you enough for you to stand here before me now." Ashamin was a well-known and well-loved soul on the mortal plane, after all. He had found the courage and independence to break away from a herd and position that made him unhappy, and was striving to make a change in the world with his formation of a band. "Go to four individuals who have made an impact on your life, good or bad. Bring me a token from each of them, and I shall use those items to grant you the enchantment you desire." And he settled back with a smile, awaiting any parting words Ashamin had for him.

Ashamin must interact with four individuals who have positively or negatively impacted his life in a dramatic or meaningful way, and retrieve a token from each of them (i.e. hair, feather, item).

CREDITS

@Ashamin

Lived unbruised,
Sigh no more.

The Earth God's assurance that Ashamin would not be dealing with a god like the one he had known before put him at ease. Even his companions, who were well acquainted with the Spark God's short temper, seemed grateful. Lochan and Rakt had seen gods before, and they knew just how strong an affect conversations such as these could have on their bonded's mood. Ashamin's piety was not, after all, without its downsides. That sort of devotion took its toll on the stag; the thought that this conversation might not be so emotionally exhausting was welcome.

So when the God of the Earth explained the quest, the trio had mixed feelings. Ashamin was pleasantly surprised, for he had expected a task as morally draining as the Moon Goddess'. He nodded slowly along with the syllables, but did not think much of them beyond their benefit. His companions exchanged worries glances, sidelong looks that they need not share. Whatever talks those two needed to have could have been done through the channel built to connect their minds; they expressed their worry so visibly in the hopes that Ashamin, otherwise too preoccupied to hear whatever mental warning they could provide, would take note.

Conversations such as these... they would not come without a cost. And though Ashamin, bathed in the light of a holy presence and in awe of the Earth God's kindness, might not think of that, his companions did. When their looks had no effect, Rakt pressed the base of his antler against the Clovenheart's leg. But Ashamin was already stepping forward, moving away from his bonded, and answering the God.

"Your task is just. I will return to you with the tokens you have asked for, " Ashamin said, his head low in a respectful bow and his eyes shut, for a part of him found the situation easier to believe if he did not see it. "Thank you for answering my call, God of the Earth."

For a moment he looked up, not sure what to see. Ashamin hadn't expected a smile.

""

Ashamin is seeking the following enchantment for his haladie, aka Mriga:

@Mythical request