the Rift

Once Upon a Tragedy

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

ashamin
The Clovenheart

Though the cold tone in her voice initially made him feel reproached, the look that overtook the mare’s expression after she fell into silence reminded Ashamin more of the own fear he’d come to this land burdened with. He obeyed and stepped back, eager to give her room, but did not let his smile fade. Rather, as he rescinded his gesture to touch, his lips turned in a sympathetic way; his eyes softened. Just as she thought to him, he thought to her.

I know how you feel.

Or, at least he thought he did. The truth of the matter that, as a result believing quite strongly in fate and faith, Ashamin did not put much stock in matters of luck—whether it be good or bad. Had he been made aware of the true reason for the mare’s fear he would have worked hard to assuage her doubts, or at the very least let her know that he did not fear whatever ill circumstance she thought she would bring down upon him. Luck had nothing to do with Ashamin’s life, so why let it hinder his relationships?

These realizations, however, would have to be reserved for a later time if he was lucky enough to get a chance to speak with her further. For the moment, knowing nothing of her preoccupations, Ashamin only nodded and addressed her chilled concern with respect: "My apologies, miss. I assure you I mean no harm, but I will respect your wishes all the same." His long tail twisted behind him, alighting briefly on the backs of his two companions and urging them to do the same. Sensing that even they might be crowding the mare, they too took a step back.

When another stallion arrived, all painted in stripes and the glory of more proper horns, Ashamin only moved to nod. After being asked to move away by the mare, he did not want to test his boundaries once again and so obviously in the wrong situation. "And the same to you, stranger," was all he had to say to the stallion, who bore an odd set of bones and the scent of the World’s Edge. It seemed that most who frequented the threshold, aside from representatives of the Unbound, hailed from that herdland.

The Clovenheart turned back to the mare then, who affirmed his suspicions that she was new to this land. She seemed far too timid to be a local, and Ashamin recognized that hesitance. Her apparent preoccupation with not wishing to impose, the attempt by her words to make her as small as possible, were all too familiar to the painted buck. He had, after all, arrived in Helovia in the exact same manner.

Thus, he was understandably eager to put her at ease. He shook his head no when she asked if she was intruding; "Not at all, miss Astolat," Ashamin said, invoking the name she provided them with. "Helovia welcomes you. If you would like, I could help guide you through its lands. The band that I call my family, The Unbound, we strive to share knowledge with all those who need it," he explained, not seeing any reason to hesitate, "I was once new to Helovia such as yourself, and I know that it can all be a bit overwhelming."

At this, his companions brightened and matched their bonded’s expression of welcome. The mare was shy, but they hoped she would not reject Ashamin’s kindness a second time out of timidity.

""

Image Credits

Sorry for the little wait! @Imani

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Once Upon a Tragedy - by Astolat - 07-15-2016, 09:42 AM
RE: Once Upon a Tragedy - by Ashamin - 07-15-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: Once Upon a Tragedy - by Imani - 07-15-2016, 10:53 AM
RE: Once Upon a Tragedy - by Astolat - 07-21-2016, 02:54 PM
RE: Once Upon a Tragedy - by Ashamin - 07-26-2016, 08:27 AM
RE: Once Upon a Tragedy - by Imani - 07-27-2016, 08:37 AM
RE: Once Upon a Tragedy - by Astolat - 09-12-2016, 04:48 AM