the Rift

[OPEN] When you try your best but you don't succeed

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

Her words interrupt my own, and despite my unease I have to swallow back a grunt of frustration. Haven't I been polite? Waiting on their borders? What rush is this mare in, such that finishing my sentence eats away at too much of her time? I keep these thoughts to myself, and merely nod my head submissively.

"I wish to speak with her. She left the Throat abruptly, saying goodbye to only a few. I wished to say my own goodbye, and to perhaps know the reason why she left." I paused, wondering how much to reveal. The similarities between the two mares had not yet struck me, which was perhaps a blessing. Had I known I was speaking to Ranjiri's mother, I might have been a great deal more on edge than I already was.

"We are friends." I added after a moment, fighting through the urge to say were friends, and instead poising us in a much more hopeful light.

As the mare drew attention to the fact that I hadn't actually introduced myself yet, I laughed. The sound was good natured and genuine. Here I was, the diplomatic son of Sohalia and I hadn't even bothered to offer up a name, only my silly boyish needs.

"Apologies. I am Rhoa of the Dragon's Throat." One of my wings swept forwards, towards my chest, and I arched my head over it in a polite bow. As my sea-green gaze rose, the words and you are? rose on my lips, but I held them back. Given the abruptness with which this conversation was proceeding, I decided that keeping things as brief as possible was likely my best course of action.

Rhoa
Round here we talk just like lions
But we sacrifice like lambs
Round here she's slipping through my hands

@Ktulu

Messages In This Thread
RE: When you try your best but you don't succeed - by Rhoa - 07-28-2016, 06:17 PM