the Rift

[OPEN] When you try your best but you don't succeed

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

I am mildly surprised at the compliance the bear demonstrates towards a creature who would normally have been its prey. I know that companion and bonded bonds do change the nature of certain relationships, but to see a horse dominate the bear so easily (even one as intimidating as Ktulu is) is strange to say the least. Still, I am pleased, for it seems that my request has been granted.

Her question catches me off guard, and I feel my head comically tilting too far to the side as if confusion has literally filled my skull up and is now tipping it. "Well...you see.." A breath. A pause. "I left once without saying goodbye to her and I promised I would never do that again. I know that this is her leaving but...It feels the same. It feels as though something should be said." I answer, no hesitation or embarrassment present in my voice now that I have begun speaking.

....Momma?

I feel my knees grow weak. Momma, as in Ktulu is her mother? My sea green gaze rises to try and search out the eyes of the Constrictor, wondering if I will see a bemused smile there or a scowl.

I'm an idiot.. I grown mentally.

"I-" A stutter. Get a grip"I'm fine." I say steadily, watching Ktulu disappear into the darkness - which is more of a relief than I care to admit. 

Alone now, I focus on Ranjiri. Her first question almost stinging the back of my eyes: why are you here? Why am I here? "Why am I here?" More endless staring, as if waiting for her to laugh because of how absurd her question was. "You left and didn't say goodbye. I thought - " What was it that I had thought? That she shouldn't do to me what I did to her? That she owed me, especially after what I had done. And that, naively, Am I the reason you left?

"I just wanted to say goodbye."

Rhoa
Round here we talk just like lions
But we sacrifice like lambs
Round here she's slipping through my hands
@Ktulu

Messages In This Thread
RE: When you try your best but you don't succeed - by Rhoa - 07-30-2016, 07:11 PM