the Rift

[OPEN] When you try your best but you don't succeed

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

I wished it was darker. I wished there was no moonlight so I couldn't see the look on Rhoa's face when I spoke so thoughtlessly. I wished i couldn't see it because it made my heart ache and I hated myself for hurting him. I hated myself for not saying goodbye, for not thinking it was important, for not thinking that it mattered to him. "I'm sorry..." I said again, because what else could I say? I didn't know how to make it right, especially when, with him standing there in front of me, I didn't want to say goodbye.

I didn't think I could feel any worse, but then he started talking and I knew what he was doing. I had done it before-- talking and talking and talking to hold back all the feelings of hurt. Talking to keep from crying. Talking to avoid problems. Talking to try to keep the world from falling apart. I hated how it felt and I hated that I had made it happen to Rhoa. "I'm so sorry...."

When his eyes rose to meet mine I stood there like an idiot, staring at him and wishing that I knew what to do.

"...until morning..."

i'm so sorry Rhoa, I didn't meant to hurt you.

"...your mother..."

Please forgive me. I didn't mean to...

"And so... and so..."

"Rhoa..." I said his name, but I couldn't think. I didn't know what I wanted to say and I'd apologized so many times already. My mind was blank and all I knew was that I didn't want to watch him walk away. I stepped forward, hesitated because I didn't know if he was going to back away or not ... but ...

He had come after me all the way to the Falls. He had to care.

So I moved so I could press myself against his chest and I hoped that he wouldn't push me away. I hoped that he would hold me even though I'd hurt him. "I don't want to say goodbye." I murmured, because by that point I'd given up on thinking and had decided to let my instincts guide me. "Stay with me..."

"."
Image Credit

@Rhoa

[url=http://helovia.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=1941][/url]

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
RE: When you try your best but you don't succeed - by Ranjiri - 07-31-2016, 12:57 AM