the Rift

[OPEN] When you try your best but you don't succeed

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

The silence between when I asked Rhoa to stay and when he finally spoke seemed like it stretched on forever. There was a little bit of optimism because he hadn't pushed me away. I felt his neck over my own, I could hear his breathing, but waiting for him to speak again had me nervous. There were a thousand things running through my head, a million different scenarios ranging from him staying with me to him laughing bitterly and leaving. I didn't know what I would do if he hugged me then said goodbye and left. There was no one in the Falls that I could talk to about such a personal matter.

I not only wanted Rhoa to stay with me, I needed him to stay.

"Please." I whispered against his neck and in the process I almost missed his always. I breathed a sigh of relief and I could feel tears stinging my eyes. I think part of me expected him to leave. I expected him to do to me the same thing my father had done to my mother and I was so relieved and happy that he hadn't I couldn't find my voice for a few seconds. I could only breathe and exist...

"I'll stay as long as you like."

"Always." I finally whispered. "I want you to stay always." I realized that I would be taking him away from his family in the Throat, which was the precise reason I had come back to the Falls-- to be closer to my family but love has a funny way of making you do things you wouldn't normally do. And it has a funny way of sneaking up on you and then pouncing that leaves your head spinning and your heart racing. It doesn't make sense and it doesn't need to...

"... I think I love you."

"."
Image Credit

@Rhoa

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
RE: When you try your best but you don't succeed - by Ranjiri - 07-31-2016, 01:31 AM