the Rift

No Sorrow for Fate

Eahaela Posts: 4
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3
TierRen

Always something? Naive to the world and to the truth of the dark stallion's response Eahaela wondered what sort of place she had offered herself to. The tapering legs that accentuated her svelte form twitched beneath her; prepared to leap away, and on her head above nostrils flared seeking out smells of the 'things that lurked'. "You are confident, Erebos." Does he merely speak out of ego?

"You did well, Erebos," Eahaela smiled, made more open by hearing her name said correctly, "not many say my name correctly upon the first attempt." -- I do not meet many either, though she did not see the use in telling him so.

Eahaela was quiet and listened to his talk of the herds within Helovia. Her eye she turned to each in turn taking note of their bodily condition. Her hide quivered in remembrance of the herd she had been birthed to and hidden away from. Bones and tightly stretched skin had been the look of all, including Eahaela. The land had been in decline. No room had there been for the weak. No room had there been for her twin. He had been tossed to the sands to be devoured as all the feeble were; as Eahaela would have been, had she been found. To be in such plentiful lands and welcoming herds was still strange to her and it still put her on edge.

"Where there are kingdoms there are rulers," though ignorant to other workings of the world Eahaela new of harsh ruling made by ruthless kings and queens, "With that being true I care not what the land may be like; travel is possible." Or so she assumed, "From here I must decide where to go," I do wonder if they have come only to recruit? The thought made her watchful once more, seeking out the character of each. "To decide I must know of those who lead."

Whenever Rein answered her Eahaela was surprised to learn that they did not travel together. So young he seemed to be. A band of outcasts? Does this mean that they are all-- strange? Eahaela stiffened under the venomous sting of judgement wondering if the boy sought to recruit her due to her deformity. Listening to Rein further his explanation; hearing him talk of 'a love of knowledge' Eahaela softened her standing; still though, her words were sharp. "What is it that you mean by 'outcasts'?" Eahaela sharpened her question on the flint of unkindnesses previously dealt to her. Immediately there was regret for the tone she used, the colt's attitude made it clear that he did mean well. Eaheala was so sensitive to words of the young. She swallowed and turned her eye to Erebos instead, I would rather him see the shame I carry. With a voice unsteady Eahaela spoke to the stallion, "What is it that your home is like?"

The young mare flicked her tail and chewed on her lip; made uncomfortable both by how long it had been since she last spoke so long with another and by how she had spoken harshly to Rein. Turning back to the colt she said with her eye what her lips would not, I am sorry. Despite the journey that she had made to stumble into Helovia Eahaela had never apologized to another besides her mother.

credits

@Erebos
@Rein
[Image: eahaelapixel_by_tierren-d9ztant.png]
'Child of the Weeds'

Messages In This Thread
No Sorrow for Fate - by Eahaela - 07-16-2016, 03:45 PM
RE: No Sorrow for Fate - by Erebos - 07-17-2016, 06:13 AM
RE: No Sorrow for Fate - by Rein - 07-18-2016, 12:45 PM
RE: No Sorrow for Fate - by Eahaela - 07-18-2016, 03:47 PM
RE: No Sorrow for Fate - by Erebos - 07-18-2016, 05:20 PM
RE: No Sorrow for Fate - by Rein - 07-19-2016, 08:02 PM