the Rift

Lost between Elvis and suicide. {Jackal/Open}

Irene Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Cold. The air whispered it's odd early season of brisk, freezing breezes. The sorrel mare had no wear left to go, and so she had traveled here. A familiar path through the mountains, into a forest of now bare, sickly looking trees. Ah, it wasn't too bad, these conditions held no comparison to any within the deep blue horned ones past. A shake of heavy face would be issued along with unladylike snort; ridding of prior thoughts. It was all too well know such things were over, with no ability to change them, and no reason to further worry about them. This place had been where Irene had pointed many other of the ones she once knew, and as she paced onward, hopes of meeting them swirled inside her thoughts.

Nurse could almost smell her last meeting within these parts, the Threshold, and there after in World's Edge where she had brought the dying bay filly to not so far back from now. Blood was such an awful scent, reminiscent of days when things held purpose, but still were dead, hard, bitter days indeed. To be bored wasn't exactly it, that which bothered her mood. It was more likely the strike of loneliness, the lack of purpose, other than to find life worth living. The hunger rumbling within honey hue'd flank was that of merely noticed, but still added factor to the dull expression upon dames facial. With deep blue eyes she searched her surroundings, seeking new and familiar faces to rid her of becoming lost in her own mind. Pace was picked up to that of a trot, but became hinged and lagging with a limp from her right hind limb, dipped in the color of woman's optics.

Steps continued at military form. Marching herself through the deepening snow, each breath Irene eyed the clouds of frozen breath emitted from pout maw. Deep sea sight squinting to examine it through the morning light, before snorting it away. Where am I?
The path she once recognized was covered with new scents now, the icy wind then blowing over them with tracks so mixed with the rest of the forest that they held no detectable meaning. Still, without a destination further than this, it wasn't like the mare could get lost.

( My muse for her will probably grow when I have more to build on than a past I'm still trying to understand fully, sorry in the meantime.)

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona
L E A N D E R

Again the brawny stallion made his way through the barren expanse of the Threshold. The last time he'd been inside the withered wood, he'd watched a perfectly nice mare go home with a loud-mouthed colt. The experience was still fresh in his mind, and ivory rimmed pools searched the forest, almost hoping to find the same colt again. He had a responsibility to his herd to avoid starting trouble with the other groups, but something would have to be done to humble that insolent boy before his head grew too big for his body.

The soldier paced on, his walk not urgent, but slow and methodical. There was surety in his gait and overall presence that had lingered over him for many years; likely since that attack when he was a colt. He was set in his ways and acted with his sense of justice, even when so many other recruiters ran about the Threshold, positively starving for newcomers. At first he'd been angry, that even members from the Throats allies would spin lies only to ensnare unwitting strangers. He always hoped that most of the newcomers wouldn't be stupid enough to fall for such blatant displays of arrogance and ingnorance, but often their lonely ears seemed to love a sharp tongue. Frowning, he let out a disappointed snort, only to be met with another snort in the distance. Gold eyes rose from the snows, catching sight of the flaxen belle in the distance. A weary look flashed over his noble profile for the briefest of moments, probably invisible to the mare, before the palomino altered his path to meet her. She was a pretty little thing, like most ladies were in Leander's eyes, with a warm honey slicked pelt and deep azure eyes. There was more blue lacing her ergots and filling the formidable horn that shot from her brow, and only a rear limp seemed to flaw the dove. Concern marred his face as he noticed the interference in her stride; hopefully she was not recently injured. "Hello, miss." The aureate buck spoke, stopping a short distance from the Unicorn. "I am Leander, skilled soldier of the Dragon's Throat herd. Are you new to Helovia?"

[ooc: I wasn't sure if you wanted Jackal to post before anyone else or not, if you do just let me know and I'll delete this. ^__-]

Unregistered

With a prick of dainty auds, her acknowledgement of the presence travelling in her direction was given. Such things like detecting movement, aura perhaps, was trained into the flaxen mares brain through her days on the battlefield. Muscles tensed automatically, and eventually dipped blue and ivory limbs slid to a ready stop, facing the incomer as he arrived to the scene of her display of habit.

At the moment of winged studs arrival, he spoke. Obvious polite manners that were strung into his speech rather refreshing to the horned dames ears. Although, she really was quite tolerant to those boys with an typical boyish attitude. At first Irene only nodded friendly greeting in response to his, letting her stance relax, resting back limb still holding old injury. Worn young dame took it upon herself to examine him with deep sea orbs further as this new brute continued on with his introduction. He was rather tall, handsome in fact, although a bit more groomed up than the freshly wounded company she had become accustomed to. Still , dark view took in the scar on his rump, and noted the strength within heavy wings and muscling. With this familiarization acquired she grew more comfortable, shaking her elegant neck to rid sun kissed mane of snow that had started to pile and melt into a cause for eventual matting.

"Relatively. Though I have come here before, it was only for a short while which briefed me on that of here and Worlds Edge." Mare gave gentle answer at moment of stallions finish of statements and inquires. " I'm Irene. I've come from Vanthra, and a past of battles I'd rather forget." Spoken in stately manner, she casually hid little, deciding any more was long useless to bring up.

{ It's fine, I'm not sure what their plans are at the moment since they haven't said anything on the plot forum in a few days, so we can just continue until or if they do join in aswell xD}

Hidden Account
Epona
L E A N D E R

The aureate stallion had brought home several new Helovians to the Throat. Though he had only been part of the herd for a few seasons, the time had flown by, and before he knew it, he'd been following his leader into war. Now the signs of the Edge battle were just old scabs on his hide, though they would forever linger as hairless, glossy scars. As he watched the blue tinted stranger, he half-expected her to startle and cower as so many newcomers had when they met him. This one was out to surprise him, though. The dove seemed unperturbed by his presence, not showing any signs of fear or agitation that he'd encountered from numerous other mares. It was a pleasant realization, a comfort not to have to scramble to settle anyone's nerves. A contended smile laced his sooty maw.

A look of concern fell upon his profile as the girl uttered World's Edge. Solemn knowledge pooled in ivory rimmed orbs. "Did you visit the Edge when Mauja was King? If you did, I must inform you that he is no longer ruler of that land. Most of his former herd left along with him, to the North." Staring pointedly into the lady's sapphire eyes, he continued. "Though you don't seem like one of Mauja's racist followers at all." That was a strong compliment, and hopefully an accurate presumption. For he and the rest of the Throat, along with the other herds, had made their feelings for Mauja and his band quite clear. Herds lead by hatred never stood for long.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Irene." Cream hued tresses danced as he bowed his noble crown to the mare. His voice grew warm again, giving up the slight sharpness it had held only moments before. Although the honey hued dame didn't look all too old, she seemed much wiser than most of the others that passed through the Threshold. The palomino let a knowing grin slip back onto his lips. "I have quite a few battles in my past as well. And probably some in my future, too, if my intuition is correct." A dry, wistful laugh escaped his chest. The future was not something that happily rested on his mind. "If you seek refuge or companionship, the Dragon's Throat would gladly welcome you, Irene. We are a kind bunch, guided by a strong mare." With a familiar gleam of hopefulness in his weary face, Leander let his gaze drift over the amicable maiden.

Jackal2 the King of Thieves Posts: 71
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 ½ :: 3 years
zz
Frozen winter sunlight slanted harshly between boughs of pine and bare branches, pooling in seas of silver on the pristine snow. Eyes of a similar color - mercury, rove across the forest, watching for some injured soul to save.

They wandered aimlessly through the Threshold like lost soldiers, striped hooves picking through the sparse layer of snow deftly whilst his bronze glided gracefully overhead. "Do you see anything?" he called, turning those quicksilver eyes upwards which reflected the world in various shades of frigid blue-grey. Ears caught a faint, brief chirp - yes, followed by the sound of wind whistling excitedly beneath delicate membrane. Jackal smiled to himself, small and honest, and the sunlight caught the flecks of snow on his thick red forelock like diamonds.

So - with a swish of tail and the creak of cold joints, the appaloosa followed his now-disappearing companion at a smart trot, dark-rimmed ears perked eagerly forward, eager to catch the gentle songs of strange voices. They begin long before he seems them, faint blooms of sound against his ear-drums, masculine and feminine. He shoves his head downwards and pushes his limber legs into a brisk lope, tail arced, streaming behind him in a mess of burgundy and gold.

When they come into view (a honey colored mare and a dusty-dark pegasus), the appaloosa let a low, gentle whicker into the frigid atmosphere, the vibrato of its notes hanging tenaciously onto the surrounding environment like the unsullied hope before meeting a stranger.

What a strange sight they must be, handsome gold-red yearling and his bronze dragon, surrounded by too-tall trees and glorious glittering snow. His silver eyes were wide with wonder, and perhaps a little sadness, a little melancholy for the past. He approaches them in the middle of a conversation, hellos and whathaveyous, but one word, soft in utterance, captures his attention - Vanthra. Instantly, every muscle in his body is rigid with scrutiny. Her eyes were deep blue; he wondered absently if they had ever seen his father.

A metre or two before the duo, the stocky appaloosa paused, the dragon swooping down quietly onto his back. Jackal bowed his head politely, not taking those sterling eyes off the mare who spoke of Vanthra. "It's an honour to receive a warrior," he said, bright eyes groping her for any clues, completely aware that he may be interrupting their conversation awkwardly. He has been doing that often, as of late. "I'm Jackal, and this is Dei, of the Foothills. Welcome to Helovia." He spared a amicable glance to the dusty stallion - a veteran - he smelled of sunblessed days and sand. He had visited the Throat once, when it was under the rule of that sun-worshiper. He much preferred the coolness of his mountain home, but the beauty of the sparkling red desert was nothing to deny. Slate eyes glance back towards the mare, still searching, no answers. "You are from Vanthra?" he asked, quiet.

It had been little less than a year from when Jackal's homeland had been destroyed by the undead, when Ktulu's fair sister had delivered the news that had shaken his life so terribly. Silverline is dead, she says calmly in his head. He twitches an ear in irritation. What if she lied? What if he is still alive - what if he is with mother right now, and what if they are looking for him? It comforted him deeply to think about this, and he wondered if they dreamed about him too.

(I'm here ^^ sorry it didn't come sooner, I was a little bit busy)

Unregistered

As the experience worn mistress waited curiously for a response from the winged brute in front of her, the clouds moved out of the morning suns way, allowing a bright ray to blind the flaxens' view. She winced and blinked suprisedly, stepping to the side with her flawed gait to remove herself from the spotlight as the stallion continued on with his speech to mention one called Mauja.. "Ah.. Well I only remember meeting someone called Lena, but I hadn't any idea of the status of her within the herd..." Irene trailed off as she raised her view once more, auds pricking in further surprise, as cerulean optics caught view of the new appaloosa intruder, as well as hearing his entering whinny. She copied that of earlier greeting with a friendly nod, still a bit distracted by the stud with which she was conversing.

With the assumption that the new company had already heard her introduction, the unicorn dismissed him for the moment in reply to his mention of a warrior, as well to string it with the answer to the invitation given by the golden hue'd pegasus. " At the time I'd signed up for the militia, I was innocent and unwounded. I'm quite willing to fight once more, as I was back then, but I doubt I'll do much good as any more than a healer with this leg of mine." Pause was given to sigh a breath of warmth into the cold air. "I can't promise any loyalties till I know they have good reason." Finished with her announcement, though serious, she returned to that of normal expression. However, as gaze floated over to the auburn equine, her facial tensed, catching view of the familiar silver orbs as the colt questioned her Vanthra background.

Silverline.. No. it wasn't like these two really held any resemblance, but why would this snow spotted one be interested in the land then? The dallahe had seen and heard nothing of the beloved general in such a long time. The idea that this one would know anything of him was intriguing, but doubted. "Yes, why do you ask?" The question was asked with a rather intense, drifting stare into the depths of those familiar sterling optics with own deep blues.

{It's fine, seems like everyone, including myself, is having a rather busy irl time atm.lol}

Korra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Korra
thrilling to think, poor child of sin - it was the dead who groaned within
Slowly, the sun was creeping up over the horizon, bleeding into the sky and chasing off the indigo night to the west. The sunrays reflected in the snow and instantly illuminated the bare forests of the Threshold, eliminating the shadow that the savage enjoyed to linger within. A harsh snort emitted her as she traveled slowly across the uneven grounds, the only thing giving her away being the creaking of the snow under the weight of her hooves. Hot breath formed small clouds around her cranium, frost sticking to her thick, shaggy fur and glistening under the morning light. The wounds on her skin were healed, meddling in with the intricate web of scars that was already spread across her compact body. Her brown globes had darkened, her soul had gone back into the hard shell that had protected it in the past, and the savage was mechanical in everything she did. The wanderings, never staying too long in one spot; her old ways were starting to become more apparent. She had no responsibility anymore, no borders to defend; but she also had no diplomacy that she would have to take into consideration, no rules to obey. A crooked smile spread across her charred lips, but it was as cold as the air that gnawed into flesh and bone. Freedom did not bode well for her sanity.

Her nares flared and she halted in her tracks. Raising her head, her pupils dilated as she recognized the stench of the usurper. A low growl rolled from her throat as she remembered his smell from the battlefield; her teeth grinded loudly as she felt the anger well up inside. The savage started moving again, keeping her head low like a predator smelling out a prey, finding the wind and using it to her advantage so the others couldn’t catch her scent. The seasoned warrior crept closer between the bare tree trunks, halting at a small distance when her target came into view. There was a unicorn mare who smelt faintly familiar to the barbarian; it was likely one of the former habitants of the Edge, she gathered. And then there was the birdbrain. She felt her blood pumping faster and snapped her teeth at the thin air, lobes pinned back to her neck. Hooves picked back up a steady pace, hearing the brute talk about ‘Mauja’s racist followers’, another bone-chilling smirk appeared on her lips. Oh, he had no idea.

Another stallion arrived upon the scene as she was still approaching, but she hardly paid him much attention; he was hornless and furthermore not her target of interest. Brown eyes never left the Pegasus for a second, as she halted at a small inclination a few feet from the group. A raspy, haunting chuckle emitted her, ringing coldly into the morning air. “Irene,” she spoke, more a statement than a actual greeting. The appaloosa stag received no acknowledgement from her, and not for one second did her sights leave the birdbrain in front of her. His size didn’t scare her; it never mattered much when put up against cunning and speed. “Such dreadful company you keep. You could do better, I’m sure,” she spoke hoarsely, barely more than a whisper but cutting through the air like icicles. “You should leave now, go back to the bitch that feeds you. Or better yet, stay here so I can watch you bleed out in the snow at my feet. That’s all you’re good for,” she spat at the Pegasus, lobes pinned and words dripping with venom. She did not shout, did not raise her voice, but kept the same, level tone throughout. Like she was talking about the weather and not slitting someone’s throat. “And do not dare to take Mauja’s name in your filthy mouth again, you ignorant prick. You know nothing of which you speak.

Hidden Account
Epona
L E A N D E R

"You still desire to live within that group?" Unwavering gold eyes questioned the blue edged mare. He had noticed the arrival of the other stallion, the scent of the Foothills preceding his entrance. He was a bright, specked equine, sporting a bronzed dragon along with him. The warrior's gaze took him in only long enough to establish that he was not Ricochet or some other brute that would warrant some violence at his hooves.

Suddenly, a petite russet form entered the group. Buck antlers sprouted from her skull, and the smell that radiated from her from her was one he knew all too well. She held the same tag that Faelene did; the mark of the ex-Edge. Before the little harlot even spoke, he knew her words would not be kind. With audacity, the short, scarred girl told him off, presumably insulting Kri. Pale tresses shook as the massive palomino threw his head back, an deep laugh leaving his throat. He was unafraid of the little bay, though he did not doubt that the empty soul would take a swipe at him with her horns, if given the chance. She even dared to tell him not to speak of her beloved leader. As if she had the divine authority of controlling what came out of other's mouths. "Your insults fall quite empty, mare. Take a look at yourself! How can you tell me that I know nothing of which I speak, when you stand there calling someone you've never met a bitch?" His tones were light and amused, though the look in his eyes was menacing. "Do not bother me with pointless slander. You know that I will speak as I please, whether it is about your hallowed Mauja or not. I don't wish any war with your group, nor your kind. I value equality, not blind hatred." He gazed at the sharp tongued henna, the venom in his gaze fading into stoic truth. This was Faelene's group-mate, and he would not go out of his way to take her life. Maybe his word would bring some logic and sense into her heavy skull.

Hidden Account
zz
He blinked - did he see recognition in the depths of those ocean-blue eyes? Why do you ask? The yearling flicked his tail thoughtfully, calculating his chances of sucess. Was it worth a try? "My father was from Vanthra," he said distantly, gaze flicking towards the pine needle-cushioned forest floor. The corners of his mouth tightened into something which more or less resembled a smile. "He was a-" Before he could continue, a very fluffy bay deer-mare approached them, every muscle of her body seething with anger. Jackal watched her nervously, as if regarding something that suddenly dropped dead. 'What would cause someone to be so hateful?' the yearling wondered sadly to his dragon, who sat bristling on his shoulder. 'Bad egg, Dei replied, without an ounce of humor, a plume of hot dragon-smoke trailing from his nostrils. The dun tensed; where he was placid, his dragon was defiant and angry, quick to anger and much too slow to calm. Silver eyes flicked from pegasus to elk-mare as he edged closer to Irene, alarm in his expression. "Things are not usually so tense here," he whispered to her, hoping this wouldn't drive her away. If she left, what would he have left of his father?

Claws dug into his back, digging painfully into the tender back. The situation was certainly escalating; Jackal felt as if he should say something, anything. "Is this how you greet newcomers?" he cried, eyeing the russet mare's sharpened antlers cautiously. "Do you want to hasten her away?" the boy added, quieter, although his dragon blew a plume of flame to emphasize his words, in the case that the heat of the moment may have stolen their attention away. "You should be ashamed, this behavior does not show the colors of your herd well." With a final huff, the cold fell silent, his expression dimmer than before. Would they ever learn to look beyond beliefs and race - or would the world always be such an uninviting place?

Unregistered

All focus was on him. The bright appy colt who had brought up old memories, worries even, within the honey hue'd unicorn. Expression tensed the loosened in surprise to the beginning of his answer. His father? If it is who I'm thinking, then.. Thoughts were cut off as the oddly nervous equine began again, only to be interrupted by yet more unknown company to the horned woman. The fluffy mare resembled that of a small elk, and behind the cold expression she held, Irene found her rather adorably endearing. Still, her actions were menacing and unnecessary, and her interruption of important conversation agitated the blue edged miss.

As the one called Leander spoke up, obviously familiar with the harsh lady, Irene noticed the snow flecked stud draw closer to her, one azure dipped ear flicking back to him at the quite comment emitted. It had only been at this moment that she had acknowledged the bronze winged creature who sat upon him, alerted by his displays of almost cute anger. Huffing and puffing like a frustrated foal. She knew of the obvious serious tension in the air, but didn't hold the same personal contempt the others seemed to.

Jackal went on, trying to provide his own vocal attacks to the intruding unicorn, nervous tones being backed up by his scaley companions expressive temper. Instinctively, flaxen dame stepped protectively in front of him, leaving her flawed back limb in place as not to show her weakness. Irene, figuring it was about time she replied to Korra, and the golden, winged stud as well, directed a gentle churr towards the equine nearer to her rump now, before speaking. "It would appear that my encounters with Helovia were not long enough to clue me in on the racial issues." Mare almost sighed out her words, calm expression turning to appropriate seriousness, acknowledging the ideas she'd placed within her companys' mind about herself.

"I have not, and will not fight without reason; Do not bring your temper here. It's much too cold to be bring up old issues, isn't it? Go get your heat from that Mauja you follow, I trust you have your reasons as well. Just go on, I have no intention of joining you with nasty attitude of yours. It really doesn't suit your sweet features, by the way." Irene tossed her skull, dismissing it in hopes there was no need for violence to ensue, as it would be hopeless with these numbers against the elk horned bay. Still, she stood ready, frame braced and head held high, displaying the deep sea weapon brushing back her sand colored forelock.

Korra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Korra
thrilling to think, poor child of sin - it was the dead who groaned within
A dry laughter cackled from her throat, but there was no humor to be detected in her face nor in her voice. Oh how ignorant he was. “Unsurprisingly you are wrong, stallion. I have met the wench to whom you refer on the battlefield and found her to be nothing but a common traitor,” she spoke hoarsely, venom dripping with every word uttered. It was Kri who had promised that she would not steal from the Edge, and then went straight for the MoonDoctor in the blink of an eye. If that did not qualify for the title bitch, nothing ever would, in Korra’s optic. His mocking tone ricocheted off of her, it was nothing that could wind her up; she expected nothing more from a simple birdbrain.

A smirk folded itself across her black lips as her threat only enticed the stallion to speak Mauja’s name again, as she had expected. It did not reach the coldness in her eyes. When he said he wished no war, she had to chuckle quietly to herself. “Oh but don’t you see, fool, that it is too late? You chose your side when you stepped upon that battlefield. Nothing you can do or say will change that fact. It was you who chose to pick the war, not I,” she spoke, nothing more than a whisper but cutting through the air like an icepick. The comment about equality was left unremarked; as far as she was concerned, the savage had never openly voiced her opinions on other races, so the stallion was unlikely to have anything to build his allegation upon except for what she told him.

Suddenly, the spotted colt spoke and the barbarian turned her shaggy head to gaze at him with her dead eyes. Whatever the little hornless and his ridiculous flying rat would have to say, the wildling did not take it in high regard. Do you want to hasten her away? was the question posed, and the russet savage snorted. I don’t know, am I?. “ Shut your mouth when the adults are talking, runt,” she grunted. Yeah, Korra was never great with children.

Irene spoke and attention was drawn to the blue-pointed mare, fast getting weary of all the talking that things were turning into. The compliment that ended the whole monologue made the savage cringe inside, baring her teeth in a snarl like a wolf. Most of all, she wanted to jump the wench, but she was outnumbered. “How foolish, to think this is all about you. This has nothing to do with you, mare, I did not invite you,” she hissed through clenched teeth. I do not associate with blood-traitors. Turning her head to the skyrat, she narrowed her eyes. “This does not end here. Watch your back,” she whispered, a promise in her eyes. And unlike what you might be used to, stallion, when Korra promises something, she comes through. The wildling resumed her wandering, striding past them all at a relaxed pace, dissolving into the shadows between the trees opposite of where she had first appeared.

Hidden Account
Epona
L E A N D E R

"The battle field is not where you meet anyone. It is a place of death, not conversation. Surely you don't believe that you can know someone without even speaking?" His tones rang back out to meet the mare's, his voice firm and authoritative. He was experienced enough in masking his own anger, unlike the horned harlot with her sharp words. She was likely fueled by the loss of the Edge, which he understood. But in such emotion you become quite liable to lose your wit. As a fighter, he learned to put his own feelings under wraps at times like this, even with thoughts of Faelene always lingering in his mind.

"There is no war. Only your anger. My allies and I fought for what we thought was right. The lady Mirage asked your Mauja to share the Edge with her group in peace. There was a chance to avoid that battle, and your leader ignored it." Again he spoke, gold eyes trained on the stout bay. His profile had lost it's former amusement, and only held the cold truth that it often radiated. He had no regrets about the battle in the Edge, expect for the fact that he wasn't able to spare Faelene from it. If only this mare knew of the affection her herd-mate had shown him. Would she still think him so worthless? Probably, for he doubted that anything could soften the heart of this stubborn little antlered Unicorn. Suddenly, the flame hued boy spoke up, obviously upset by the stranger's clear animosity. Leander nodded in agreement. Before he could agree with the boy, the obnoxious mare piped up again. "He has just as much right to speak as either of us do, mare. Especially when he speaks the truth. The Threshold is no place for this." He spoke, the volume of his voice raised slightly. Did this idiot really have a reason to insult everyone? She had of course, been somewhat friendly to the blued mare. And Leander wholeheartedly believed that it was due to the horn sticking out of her brow.

Then the voice of Irene addressed the hostile mare, and it quickly became apparent that even fellow horned ones could be disliked by the little elk. He was immensely pleased to her the honey colored maiden tell her off. It was a pleasant moment, to be reminded that not all the Unicorns in Helovia wanted anything to do with Mauja's group. He turned his gaze to Irene, an apologetic look tracing his visage. "I am sorry, Irene. Your entrance back into Helovia should not have been so volatile. I do hope you understand now, why I questioned you about your loyalties?" A soft smile tugged at his lips, as the reasoning for his earlier question was now quite obvious. Inevitably, the other mare talked at him again, a threat in her words. He looked back at her with the a cold grin, taking a step towards her and lowering his head to her eye level. "Cowards attack from behind. When you have summoned the courage to face me, then I would be glad to oblige you." Brilliant pools bored into the brown form as she left, wondering if she would indeed ever try to kill him, and sure enough that she would never get to fulfill that want.

Hidden Account
zz
Irene - the honey-colored warrior, steps defensively before him. She directed soft words to him, and he responded with a nervous titter. The elk-horned mare continues ranting, her dark eyes sparkling dangerously under the cold winter light. Wine-tipped ears settle uncompromisingly on his poll in an ugly expression: annoyance. How dare this wild dwarf-mare come and insult them all? Was she but an animal? He let a snort ripple through his nasal passage. "Look who's the runt, elk-horns," Jackal spat, but he felt like a newborn behind the haunch of the warrior, insulting her like a coward behind a bulletproof glass. When the dusty pegasus speaks, he lets an ear rise uncertainly, as if testing the atmosphere for tension. Surprisingly, the garron sweeps away with little more than a few spiteful words, surely a cowardly way to cast off less than savory acquaintances.

"Good company," the dun colt said glumly as he watched her brown rump disappear into the maze of trees. He felt Dei push off his back, the broad webbed wings taking him in the direction of Korra. Worry creased his brow, what kind of trouble would his volatile companion get himself into? He had half a mind to call out, but after an ugly scream and a small burst of flame in her direction, the mighty bronze swooped back towards his colt, landing on the snow before the pillars of Jackal's forlimbs. "Such an encounter would make one wonder of the civility of these unicorns," he murmured bitterly, letting mercury eyes flick toward the winged stallion. The colt let his expression soften into something gentle, betraying his relief. He moved forward, to stand by Irene's shoulder (he gave her a berth of space). "If you choose to outcast yourself, you're bound to meet one of Mauja's," the yearling said quietly, and let's hope it isn't her. If she came home with him, and if she knew his sire, she could tell him where the silver general was.

Hope, although as warm and broad as love, was as fickle as a mercenary.

Unregistered

The azure hue'd doll listened to the elk horned one insult her with a casual glare. As if Irene was unaware of the reasons company came through this place. She'd experienced its purpose before hand, and was already aware of everyones intentions for her; be it presumtious thinking or not. Dismissing snort rumbled from her throat, as mare watched the rest of the events that had followed the entrance of the hostile bay mare, and quickly enough, left right with her. Gaze directed to the strong pegasus, ears and eyes picking up the apologetic way he addressed her. Before a reply could be made, the studs attentions were redirected to the offender, but on her retreat, and his confident retort, she let her words fall to answer him.

"It's to be expected; No hair off my back" Boyish comment paused with raised expression, optics catching sight of bronze companion give another show of his anger. Flaxen let a sigh of relief release from ashen lips as he decided to let the little, mean, bay go without further pursuit; mare's own weariness unable to deal with a real scuffle at this time. Auds flicked back to Jackal as closed in on her shoulder. Irene recalled earlier conversations with the bright dun, and immediately regained earlier interests. "Yes, that'd be a bit inconvenient, but don't worry, I dislike being alone. I'd greatly appreciate a trustworthy home, and from that encounter, I believe I can expect that from either of you."

Mare's sea cast view flicked towards the golden brute. She nodded her heavy crown apologetically towards him, optics searching his for understanding of her reasons prior. Mistress could easily respect the strong peg, but her wish to know more of what had happened to Silverline begged for importance within her thoughts. Facing the familiar eyed equine once more, a rather serious expression, brimming a bit with fatigue, shown on visage. " I'd like it if you told me more of your father, Jackal. However I've grown tired, where is this Foothills you spoke of earlier?"

Hidden Account
Epona
L E A N D E R

Once the antlered imp had made her way back to whatever hole she'd crawled out of, Leander cast his gaze back to the chestnut lady and the reddish colt. She spoke, and he was glad of her desire for a herd. Such a level headed mare would be a great asset to the herd, and he was quietly eager to see what path she would chose. Unfortunatley, the sapphire brushed girl appeared to be much more interested in conversing with the Foothill's boy. They stood closer than most strangers usually would; as if they were comfortable with one another already. The palomino shifted his weight, settling his attention towards the conversation.

"He is right; Mauja's group lies to the North, and they've certainly be scavenging for recruits as of late. They will not be content until more blood has been shed, I'm sure of it." Bronze pools flashed from the young stallion back to Irene, concern evident in the curves of his brow. Soon the doe voice here interest of the Foothill's, confirming his earlier inkling. The pair certainly had things to discuss, and he did not know of the stallion they talked of. With another respectful dip of the head, the warrior looked to the honey mare. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Irene, and you, Jackal. If you ever desire to visit the Throat or seek a home within our borders, you would be welcome. I wish you both a safe journey back to the Foothill's. Give Svetlana my regards." His expression warmed as he mentioned the chieftess, and with that he was off, a mass of flaxen locks and dark feathers heading to the South.

Unregistered
[If there is no reply from Jackal within a week, I'm gonna go ahead and change Irene to oucast for now, and say she lost him in a snowstorm during their travel. As I'd really like to get her going.]