the Rift

[PRIVATE] Open my eyes and then my ears

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
the fine line between love and hate
“You were not my mate nor were you the father of my child.” Her words were stubborn, as Adaeze was, but they were also true. The spotted woman was right, in her way. He did not have a right to know, because he had no part in the child’s life.

But forever on his soul would weigh the burden of ending it.

His eyes darkened and flickered away as he returned to her, “You are right, Ada. I was none of those things…” he paused the water finally cooling around him as any traces of his anger faded into a solitary, poignant question, “But what was I to you?” His eyes returned to her golden ones, dark in their demons (both new and old), “What am I to you?”

Her words fell onto his ears, partially deafened by the roar of loss and pain and shame that finally snuffed out any enraged fires. Seeing the man so downtrodden by such emotions, it was a wonder which was better: his rage or his anguish? Regardless, what the cheetah said was true: she had been a child-killer in Dorobo. His men had blamed her for the deaths of their loved ones.

Only now, he knew it to be true. She had killed loved ones; but only her own. For the sake of saving them all. Her quiet deflation, “Maybe one day I’ll… make up for the choice.”, the words shook through the fog of grief and sorrow in his mind, bringing his attention wholly on her face. His own great body was spent, both by battle and by reliving the past. It was ready to return to the present, and so his mind grasped the here and now. It focused on the woman who had poured so much truth into the waters they stood in; who lived her life by the justice he clung to, and he asked her, “How would you make up for it, Ada?” His voice was hoarse, though he leaned closer towards her. His body ached for the warm and consoling embrace of another who had lived through the horrors of the council. And he wanted to share that warmth with her.

But not yet.
image | table style by Kiki
@Adaeze

Please tag Tembovu.

Adaeze Posts: 32
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6
ali
curiosity killed the cat . satisfaction brought it back
When he finally agreed that he was truly nothing to her dead child she finally let the subject drop. She woudl never understand why someone would want to take so much responsibility for something that had nothing to do with them. Her gaze lingered on Tembovu for a moment longer before she finally looked away, her golden eyes dropping down to the water that they both stood in. Then he spoke again, asking her what he had been to her. That question caused her to look back at him, her golden eyes meeting his blue ones as she thought about the answer that immediately popped into her head. "At first you were a means to an end. Then you became a friend." She answered truthfully.

What am I to you?

That was the hard question. She still saw Tembovu as a friend. She cared for him immensely, loved him even. But was she in love with him? That was a question that she didn't have the answer to and wasn't prepared to even try to answer. "You're a friend..." Her voice trailed as she paused to thin about what she wanted to say. "...a friend that I love and trust with my life." But Tembovu would not get to ask those questions and not expect them to be asked in return. "What was I to you then ... in Dorobo?" She asked. "And what am I to you right here, right now?"

She didn't know what his answers would be, but she prayed that after revealing what she had that what he had to say would not hurt too much.

"How would you make up for it, Ada?"

Did he really have to ask how she would make ammends for condemning her unborn child to death? Was the answer to that question not blatantly obvious? How else would she make up for her transgression besides raising and nurturing a child as she should have when she'd been given the opportunity the first time? Still, it appeared as though Tembovu would need to hear her say it before he would be satisfied. "By raising a child." She murmured. "By caring for, nurturing, and protecting a child..." If I'm ever given the chance to...

"."

Adaeze
@Tembovu
[url=http://helovia.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=2358][/url]

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
the fine line between love and hate
His black rimmed ears perked at the honest answer to his first questions, eyes darkened by heartache of lost heartbeats seeking the golden, guileless gaze. He had become her friend? Somehow, through the clandestine meetings, hushed secrets, and forced beatings they had become friends? He was shocked to find that this was true; though, then, he had been too focused on his mission—on revenge— now he realized that Adaeze had been one of his true, trusted friends in Dorobo. And they had been rare, precious things when conspiring in the shadow of tyranny.

“A friend that I love and trust with my life.” His eyes widened for a moment—her words struck and resounded in his chest. They were, in essence, what the man strived for: to be worthy of love and to be just enough to deserve trust. And his muzzle reached out further, long legs creating eddies in the water as he, once again, drew closer to her. His massive neck swung over her withers, jowls hooking along her neck, as his cheek pressed against her and his lips buried into her mane.

“At first you were an enemy, the cause of all my pain,” his deep voice rumbled in honest answer, “But then… then you became some strange salvation. Your honest passion for the truth gave me a real reason for my life in Dorobo. And now,” he paused for a long while, his gaze looking down, over her neck, into the rippling water that waved around their chests.

"By raising a child.” He paused for so long that her quiet murmur answered his question. And, again, his eyes widened for a moment, before tightly closing. Mpenzi,” his own murmur was equally soft and quiet. He knew the feeling she dared to whisper aloud to him. He hadn’t been as brave; he had sought the closeness of another’s soul. But what had driven it was the love of a child; a family. So he understood her answer painfully well.

“Now, let me show you,” his deep rumble was quiet, hoarse with emotion, as he finally answered her question. His great body shifted in the waters around her, but his muzzle never left her skin all the while he moved through the cool, lapping waves.

[fade to black]

Mpenzi= my love (term of endearment)

@Adaeze FINALLY

Please tag Tembovu.